Anyone Else?

samurai nightling

Anyone else almost ready to throw in the towel on this game? Or am i the sole person who ever since they updated the game can't hit someones head when im, you guessed it, AIMING ON THEIR HEAD. Oh and don't get me started on the dying from people you never even see from around corners until after they already killed you. All i know is not even a year ago i never had this problem, and now since the update i go from almost 2:1 K:D ratios to negative scores most rounds. Call me when they release CS 3.

Oh and don't get me started on the dying from people you never even see from around corners until after they already killed you.

That is probably the only problem I've had so far. Other than that, I'm still having a lot of fun with this old game.

(edited)

Hopefully we can get a new zBlock added to the server. That will fix the never seeing people and dieing...

Did some google-ing and it looks as if they have a good working RC2 out, I will notify Mookie to see if we can get it up and test it.

Edited by NorgmaN

I know what you mean, but I dont have this negative K:D thing you talk about, i think that is more on the skill range (hiding a serious load of laughing).... But the HS thing from time to time, all around it messed up a lot with the update and the fixed seem to be more around "new features" as I call the new valve screwups they are putting into the game. If I wanted to play TF2 then I would play that, just give us the game that we have all played for many moons back please.

When they have a rifleman class that can only use rifles, and a pistolero class that can only use pistols I will call it Team Fortress 2.

I'm still a firm believer that the update was pushed out too soon so it was released in time for Steam for the Mac.

TF2? :P

More vibrant colors, virtually no wait times after being killed, more classes to choose from.

only problem its cartoons and you forget less guns or being able to switch guns easily pick up guns from enemies...

I can still get HS's ;D I actually enjoy the new updates lol, but I don't go after achievements so feel free to beat me on those :P

Stop complaining Phil ;D lol, you are just rusty from not playing hehe

Updates are good. I didn't notice worse registration or anything. Actually, because of update more people play because they like to unlock achievements mostly.

That said, it's hard to play when stats on the server don't work. Playing kind of defeats the purpose then for many. I've noticed that traffic on server decreased dramatically past few weeks probably because of it (has nothing to do with me not playing while on vacation :P). Please fix the stats if possible.

zBlock didnt fix the around the corner registration, died the other night before i ever saw the guy. Right now I'm chalking it up to the internet at my house is just different then the internet i had at my parents house, even though its the same connection and the same company. Who knows, maybe i just get worse reg here than i did there, i still ping good.

zBlock didnt fix the around the corner registration, died the other night before i ever saw the guy. Right now I'm chalking it up to the internet at my house is just different then the internet i had at my parents house, even though its the same connection and the same company. Who knows, maybe i just get worse reg here than i did there, i still ping good.

In order to help you Samurai I think there may be other things besides the update that could be affecting your CS play, maybe some of these would help :biglaugha: :

1.) JackieChan is still remotely messing with your keyboard.

2.) Perhaps you dug up your internet cable in the backyard unknowingly?

3.) You are getting on to play when gl and discom are in the server...this negatively impacts many players K:D ratios.

4.) Remember to turn your hax on.

5.) http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100818/us_time/08599201150900 (I think this is why LeBron left Cleveland too....I could see where it would really mess up your CS playing ability!)

Hopefully some of these things may help you as I SERIOUSLY doubt your problems stem from the update :wiggle2:.