dark got engaged!

dragonfly

Hey guys (and girls)! I've been out of town working at a summer camp (same one as other years), so this is my first chance on here. On August 7th I asked my girlfriend, Debbie, if she'd marry me. :) :) :) She said "absolutely" which I took as a yes. :)

I used a golden retriever puppy as part of the asking. :) His name is Thunder.

39893_476490260224_512905224_6838218_5989872_n.jpg

39959_476490685224_512905224_6838264_6330359_n.jpg

38564_476490745224_512905224_6838267_5217613_n.jpg

[pics are from in front of where I grew up, on Black Bay of Lake Superior]

I had to use a fake ring to surprise her, since we had already discussed that we would go shopping together. I was at home for a week before she came (we worked at camp together). So pretty much in the first 15 minutes I surprised her with the question. :) It was awesome.

Last saturday we went ring shopping, and we got this one (still being resized).

pZALE1-8483665t400.jpg

The Ring

Just thought I'd fill you guys in on why I haven't been around much. :) God's been really good, taught me a lot through her, and will keep doing so. She's an amazing girl. Right now we're planning on December 18th, 2010, and I'm teaching 9 classes this semester... prayers would be good. :)

(edited)

Also For those of you that know the oldschool [Mmmm]Paint_Chips (and for a little while C0rN_nUgG3tt$ or something like that).. he also recently got engaged and will be getting married on October 2nd (Just a small wedding down in Gatlinburg, TN)

Edited by Windex

Congrats, and let her do all the planning.

Just nod your head and say things like "That sounds wonderful" with lots of enthusiasm.

If she wants you to make decisions narrow them down to three and then then ask her for her "advice" and then nod and say "that sounds wonderful" with enthusiasm.

Actually for the next 50 years just keep this formula in mind lol.

Congrats, and let her do all the planning.

Just nod your head and say things like "That sounds wonderful" with lots of enthusiasm.

If she wants you to make decisions narrow them down to three and then then ask her for her "advice" and then nod and say "that sounds wonderful" with enthusiasm.

Actually for the next 50 years just keep this formula in mind lol.

Yeah uh i thought that would work, not with my fiance. If i just agreed with whatever she was deciding it was "You aren't helping me at all" followed by some small argument how as long as she likes it im ok with it and it just didnt work out so well. So maybe try to help a little more than i apparently have :( , according to her

Hey guys, thanks for all the congrats! I just got back from Winnipeg, and was best man at a friend's wedding. It was cool being up close with everything that went on, thinking, "I like this, I dont like this, etc." We're a different couple than them, which makes sense as to why some of it I liked, some not. Did get some good ideas though.

Neither of us are drinkers, so we're looking at some sort of a hot-drink "bar" where you can get coffee, hchocolate, steamers, etc instead of booze. It will be december, which means cold.

And, unfortunately, the puppy is not mine, it's my dad's. BUT, on the plus side, when I want to get one, at the mention of GR puppy she'll have engagement, love, etc in mind, and she wont be able to say no! ;)

Anyway, lots of work to do together. I want a hand in the planning, not because I really want my way, but because it's a great thing to do together - which really is what the rest of our lives is about.

And congrats to you too, samurai! When are you getting married?

• 3 months later...