Minecraft

anonymo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can get it you can roll for free right now until the activation servers come back online. Not sure where I saw it but it looks like he got a jump of 2000 regs/day after the Penny Arcade posts.

The web server admin module hasn't been publicly released yet so this will be pretty bare-bones but I'll try to get at least one server up in the next day or two

If you can get it you can roll for free right now until the activation servers come back online. Not sure where I saw it but it looks like he got a jump of 2000 regs/day after the Penny Arcade posts.

The web server admin module hasn't been publicly released yet so this will be pretty bare-bones but I'll try to get at least one server up in the next day or two

Doh! I never tried just logging on without a user/pw.

Doh! I never tried just logging on without a user/pw.

You could just add a username with no password so you'd have a name for MP.

Protip: In multiplayer, throw your almost broken tools on the ground and pick them back up for them to be insta-repaired.

Edited by JackieChan

Hahaha, this guy was recording a tutorial on how to build persistant fire for something like a fireplace. You need to watch it and see what happens. I feel bad for him if it actually auto saved or something though :(

ROFL that's hilarious.

This is why you build your houses with brick and stone...

ROFL THAT's THE BEST VIDEO YET

My premium account finally got activated after 3 days >_

THAT'S THREE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE SAVED RIGHT THERE, THANK NOTCH FOR THE TIME YOU SPENT WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS BEFORE PLUNGING BACK INTO THE DEEP

(caps were very required)

LOUD NOISES

Also, the possible reason it took so long for me was this:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1166302589/this-is-what-im-doing-to-the-server

Pending payments:

After I temporarily took out the sound and music updating, the website got a lot faster, but before that payments were queuing up, so it could take quite some time for some people to actually get their game after they bought it.

What happened is that paypay tried to send the notification immediately, but when the system is busy, it adds the notification to an internal queue in paypal’s system, and resends it after a short period of time. If it fails a SECOND time, it increases the counter and tries even later. So if you got unlucky, it could time out three times in a row, and you’d have to wait a fairly long time. All the payments are still secure, but they just didn’t get processed immediately.

If you bought the game and didn’t receive it immediately, I’m sorry to keep you waiting. Please wait until tomorrow or so before contacting us, though.. We’re getting a LOT of emails about accounts that have already been updated automatically when we check them.

Edited by JackieChan

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1166302589/this-is-what-im-doing-to-the-server

Pending payments:

After I temporarily took out the sound and music updating, the website got a lot faster, but before that payments were queuing up, so it could take quite some time for some people to actually get their game after they bought it.

What happened is that paypay tried to send the notification immediately, but when the system is busy, it adds the notification to an internal queue in paypal’s system, and resends it after a short period of time. If it fails a SECOND time, it increases the counter and tries even later. So if you got unlucky, it could time out three times in a row, and you’d have to wait a fairly long time. All the payments are still secure, but they just didn’t get processed immediately.

If you bought the game and didn’t receive it immediately, I’m sorry to keep you waiting. Please wait until tomorrow or so before contacting us, though.. We’re getting a LOT of emails about accounts that have already been updated automatically when we check them.

Ah ok, thats a little reassuring for me, might see if I can try and get this then.

We could definitely have a GC server set up. I know that there are admin tools around to prevent griefers from wrecking havoc on your awesome creations and from entering certain areas.

Theres a lot of tools. Admins can noclip, teleport players to spots (instead of player to player teleporting), reset seconds/minutes/hours if a person decided to grief, you can adjust that from specific players to in general, you can mark "zones" to "no edit zones" meaning, since admins can do whatever they want, only admins could edit IN that area, you can make teleporting areas. Like start zones for player to come into and then they choose "where" they want to go to from teleporters.

You can also give "tittles" of course you can do what with the titles, like give specific commands, like the ability to undo their own master work.

The Admin "Tools" can be pretty much endless as much as the game.

Also EDIT count: 8

And as soon as I pay the site goes down, FFFFFFFFFFFFF----

Edited by ValenAlvern