The Oat Poets

Peckles

So a buddy of mine and I have started to write songs together, and we've decided to call ourselves The Oat Poets. If you can figure out why, good for you. There's a huge hint on our website.

Anyway, we've chosen to release 2 songs a month (one on the 15th (possibly the 14th in February), and one on the last day). So far we're up to 2. I posted the other one already on my other website, and that one is titled 'Oh Hi Lisa', a song about the movie 'The Room'. Today, we came out with our second one, a song called 'Mine Me a New Woman', which is a song based off MineCraft, which I'm sure a lot of you have played. Also released today was a video we made for 'Oh Hi Lisa', which just strings together some of the more entertaining clips from the movie. We have a couple other ideas coming together, and we're going to try and make a video for 'Mine Me a New Woman' as well, though there's no set release date. Hopefully mid-February.

So here's our website: The Oat Poets

And here's our YouTube channel (which only has the one video thus far): Oat Poets YouTube

I've never really done collaborations before, nor have I ever set deadlines, so this is a new experience for me. Not to mention that I live in Edmonton, and he lives in Vancouver, so there will be very few jamming sessions, and more just sending files back and forth.

Hello! In honour of that easily marketable holiday we call Valentine's Day, we have written a song about the brief romance between a butcher and a vegan. I imagine you can figure out why it was brief.

The song is called 'Lettuce Meat', and you can listen to it here: The Oat Poets

Please peruse our site, and take a peek at our apallingly basic social media.

FB Page

Twitter Page

Share and Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't see you walk in. Well, it's the end of the month, which means.....A new monthly double!

This one is called 'Syndrome the Dog', and is in sort of a Brian Setzer-y style rockabilly. It can be listened to here: The Oat Poets

We wanted to have a video done for one of our previous songs, but didn't have enough time/skill. Hopefully next time!

For now, listen to our songs, look around, have a cigar!

Share and Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

A day late due to my poor memory (I had forgotten I was going to watch the symphony play Frank Zappa until about a half hour before it started).

This one is a Latin style, and tells you of the importance of water. It is called 'Agua de Alejandro'

Listen to it here: The Oat Poets

Share and Enjoy, and drink that water!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes, end of the month already!

Well, we were planning on doing a cover of David Bowie's Suffragette City, but instead did a parody called Boba Fett City. Weird.

Anyway, the production value isn't terrific, and we'll probably redo this one once we have enough tracks for an album or something.

Here's the link: The Oat Poets

Also, we're now on SoundCloud as well: Oat Poets SoundCloud

Share and Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Happy mid-April!

This time 'round, we've got another movie tribute! This one is with regards to that delightful travesty 'Troll 2', and the song is called 'Oh My God!'

Take an aural gander here: Oat Poets

And, as always, take a peepette at our social media. Not really much going on, but there are various pieces of information kicking around, should you wish to become a stalker.

Share and Enjoy! (and happy Friday)

Edited by Peckles

• 3 weeks later...

So we're a little late on this one. My buddy was moving and he had most of the files.

Anyway, this one is a rap. Has a few swears and drug references for you sensitive types. I think we're calling it 'Head Hit the Floor'.

There's no write-up yet (probably tomorrow) but here's a link to the mp3: Head Hit the Floor

Hopefully we won't be late next time. Think it might be another parody. And for consistency, here's the link to our website again: OatPoets

Share and Enjoy!

Snap, we're on time for this one!

This is a parody of 'The Final Countdown' by Europe. It's called 'The Carebear Countdown, and applies liberal amounts of autotuning. It's quite mellow.

Take a listen here: Oat Poets

Share and Enjoy!

Have a nice Sunday Sunday Sunday!

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Oh, hello! I've missed you! And missed a deadline :(

But we're back on track, and this time with a video! It's an infomercial for Ninja Pills, a product that will turn you in to a ninja for a set amount of time! Based on a jingle we wrote for a project in college, we built a low quality video around it! And the 'female' backing vocals are intentionally terrible. We considered not using them at all, but thought they were funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFUUvvQac84

And, as always, check out our site over here!

Share and enjoy <3

(P.S. I'm the one without the glasses)

((I should also note there is a bit of foul language in this, maybe once or twice))

Edited by Peckles

• 3 weeks later...

End of the month? Already? Neat!

This track is called 'Junk in my Trunk', and it's about an elephant that can't deal with the stress of the Savannah, and so turns to drugs. It's quite heartwarming, really. Mild drug references (obviously)

Listen to it on our site: Oat Poets Monthly Double

Share and Enjoy <3!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, it's only the 14th? Yes, well, we missed a deadline at the end of May, so we're making up for it with a release today and a release tomorrow.

This song is a parody of Sh-Boom, by The Crew Cuts (not originally, I forget the first performing group's name), and it's called 'Life Could Be a Dream'

You can check it out on our site here: The Oat Poets

Take a peek at our various forms of social media from our Links Page

Next post will be tomorrow!

And as always, share and enjoy! <3

Ohhh yes. Here is the second instalment of this edition of the Monthly Double!

It's not really meant to be funny, though the idea made it out to be. If that makes sense. Anyway, it's called 'Sensitive Skin', and it's about having skin that cries at movies, and betrays your more sentimental side, even when you don't want it to.

Oh yeah, it also features the only recording of me on a mandolin currently in existence. Judge accordingly.

Listen to it here: Oat Poets

Share and Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we don't have a new song this time, but we DO have a music video! Our first official one!

The song is 'Head Hit the Floor', our rap. It has a couple naughty words, but it's inoffensive content-wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75wixen6tPs

Video was shot, directed and edited by Chuck Ibey, and you can see his other work on his Vimeo

As always, visit our website here: Oat Poets

Share and Enjoy <3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...