Lay-Off incoming

ZeroDamage

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the experience you have, I'm sure you'll be able to land something better. I was laid off late last year from a job I hated and it felt like it was the end of the world because I did enjoy the salary. However, that layoff ended up becoming a blessing because the job that followed has been the most rewarding position I've ever held. Keep your head up!

What type of IT work do you do?

I am a jack of many trades. Mostly desktop support for the past several years but I am burnt out on that. Looking to get more into server related stuff; I am also looking to get more into coding but my experience there is negligible. I want a reason to code so I will get good at it.

Edited by ZeroDamage

If you don't mind relocating to Chicago or Columbus OH, send me your resume. I might be able to get you something with the infrastructure team here. They manage over 2000 servers, so there's always a need for more people.

was going to mention the same thing.

willing to relo or trying to stay in VA?

While I would like to stay in VA, it is not a requirement. A job is a job and I can cram into someone's basement for a year while my wife finishes school here. She is too close to her master's now for us to move on such a short notice.

Unclean, PM me an email to send it to. Going to trust that you will not share it on 4chan or anything. :P

While I would like to stay in VA, it is not a requirement. A job is a job and I can cram into someone's basement for a year while my wife finishes school here. She is too close to her master's now for us to move on such a short notice.

Unclean, PM me an email to send it to. Going to trust that you will not share it on 4chan or anything. :P

would Johnson City, TN be too far for you ZD?

if not shoot me a PM plz

would Johnson City, TN be too far for you ZD?

if not shoot me a PM plz

PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with company in Northern Virginia on Monday of next week. Looks like they will train me to be their lead Sharepoint Administrator. Never thought about this type of position before but it will be useful for possible future positions.

Hoping something works out here in Blacksburg first but highly unlikely. Hoping that Mini Me will give me the nod for the position he is trying to green-light but it may not happen any time soon. I will more than likely end up living in West Virginia and commuting to Leesburg due to the high cost of living in that area. Ouch.