Stupid Computer

Flitterkill

I have no mobo's, except an older Athlon board that was brand new...I think it's somewhere. I do however have an HD6870 that's probably better than what you are using. Last I remember, there was nothing wrong with it, just upgraded.

Oh I know the card is "old"; still handled Fallout 3 / New Vegas alright though. Upgrading is nice but just having it up and running is the thing for me - been doing all gaming (when time) on the i5 notebook that has a 1 gig dedicated ATI something something in it. But big 24" screen is nice for Illustrator work. I suppose I could probably get a cable and do the secondary monitor thing with the notebook...

Remember kids that silicone paste will dry out! I'll post the picture later. If you game heavily and have a mchine for longer than 2 years, at the 2 year mark it would probably be wise to pull the fan and redo the heat paste.

-FK

I did not know this - thank you. I hate that silver goo! This is the most stressful part of putting together a PC. That blasted goo!