Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

Achievements!

Yup, I'm going to be adding achievements. They're going to be basic in nature. The ones I added to the plugin so far (not on the server) are:

Killing Machine

-Kill 75 common infected

SI Murderer

-Kill 30 Special Infected

Group Healer

-Heal teammates 5 times

^They are all working and surprisingly didn't need to test it out very much, lol. They are also adjustable via cvars, so they will be subject to change as well. Each achievement nets you 5 points (also subject to change).

They are going to be a per-map deal so they can be earned once every map! Each achievement earned gets broadcasted to the server so you can brag to everyone. Other ones are going to be around reviving teammates, amount of people boomed on, smoker pulls, people charged/charged into, jockeyed, pounced, incapped, killed, and several more.

Any suggestions, feel free to let me know. I'll see if using my limited knowledge of coding for sourcemod allows me to. Take a gander at this events list and see if you see anything that catches your eye:

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Left_4_Dead_2_Events

(Spitters I believe aren't going to work since they don't "grapple" survivors so there is no real event for them)

Official Achievement List:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gc-l4d2/announcements/detail/956097290547351067

Edited by JackieChan

(edited)

Here is the current list of what's added for achievements:

Killing Machine - Kill 75 Common Infected (Might change to 100 or higher - most common one achieved)

SI Murderer - Kill 30 Special Infected

Group Healer - Heal 5 teammates

What A Downer - Incap 7 survivors

A Helping Hand - Revive 8 teammates

Murderizer - Kill 3 survivors

Bulldozer - Run into 10 survivors as a Charger (not in one life)

Stomach Acid - Puke on 20 survivors (not in one life)

Hang Em' High - Pull 8 survivors (not in one life)

Hooded Ninja - Pounce 8 survivors (not in one life)

Giddyup - Jockey 8 survivors (not in one life)

Running Back - Charge 8 survivors (not in one life)

Got Your Back - Protect teammates 10 times

More are definitely to come, just have to think of more to put in. I'm thinking of having one for the whole "gas can scavenge" thing where you pour like 6 cans in yourself during a finale. My goal is to have each one be obtainable which would be pretty nice. I think the numbers are good for now, but they're always adjustable.

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...

Bug Fixes/Additions:

Fix:

-Using !heal as a Tank now deducts the proper amount of points. Instead of taking the Tank cvar amount, it was taking the regular amount of points as if you were a normal infected.

-Tank death bug is fixed. Before, if you bought a full heal while in the dying animation, it would keep replaying that animation making the Tank invincible. Now, it instantly kills the Tank once it is in that animation so the bug an no longer be done.

Additions:

-Plugin now announces who bought a Tank, Witch, or Horde.

-Along with the TF2 trophy appearing above your head when you get achievements, it now plays a sound! :D

(edited)

Update:

A nice little update for Hunters:

Damage pounce points!

Think that a 25 damage pounce should get you more points?

Mad that they don't really help you get closer to that tank than a normal 1 damage pounce does?

Think no more! Now you get points for the amount of damage your pounce outputs! How does it work?

Lets say you get a 25 damage pounce. How many points do you get?

Well, it takes 25/2 which comes out to 12.5, but since the plugin doesn't factor in decimals, you get 12 points flat.

Whoa whoa, wait, what if you get a 1 damage pounce? Well, I took care of that. Normally a 1 damage pounce would end up earning you negative points for some reason (believe me, I tested it out and it happened). Don't have to worry about that since you just get 1 pounce normally for it now anyways.

----------

Also, a bug fix:

-Can no longer bring up the suicide menu as infected at round end and purchase it once you spawn as a survivor which would result in the survivors being down a player right away.

Edited by JackieChan

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Updates/Fixes:

Update:

-New Achievement to shoot for (literally): Kill 1510 special infected with headshots!

-Killing SI with headshots gets you an extra point.

-Tank Alive limits. Only a certain number of Tanks can be alive at one given time. This also includes map/finale Tanks.

-Gas cans give you points when you pour them in

Fix:

-Achievements can now be obtained by everyone, not just one person on that team. Before, if one person on the team got the achievement, no one else on the team would get it.

Edited by JackieChan

(edited)

I present to everyone, more achievements! They are as you might refer to them as "second tiered", so here you go!

Killing Massacre - Kill 150 Common Infected

Not So Special - Kill 50 Special Infected

Field Medic - Heal 10 teammates

How Does That Floor Taste - Incap 13 survivors

Guardian Angel - Revive 15 teammates

Survive This...Oh Wait A Sec - Kill 6 survivors (so that's just 3 more than Murderizer)

Personal Bodyguard - Protect 20 teammates

Who Needs A Parachute - Get 6 20 damage pounces or higher

Just Following The Rules - Get 20 Special Infected Headshots

Holy Reviver - Defib 3 teammates *NEW*

Achiever names will also appear in the respected team color now (blue and red) to mimic real Valve achievements.

This brings the total number of achievements to 25!

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...

Great work!

How about a death charge achievement =]

Valve hasn't made an event that triggers when a death charge has been done. Believe me, I would have done that when I first started making achievements, lol.

So, you mean every time I get killed its going to do this?

Yup :D

Blame Nightling for this.

Well, that entirely blows my "not having people know Im admin so they carry on as normal to identify potentially problem players" thing. Oh well...

Thanks Nightling.

(edit) Jackie told me it was only when we as Survivor this comes up, I thought it was for every death as Infected. Phew.

Edited by RadioKnight

(edit) Jackie told me it was only when we as Survivor this comes up, I thought it was for every death as Infected. Phew.

I thought that too lol! But then jackie mentioned something about team 3 in chat which means you were killed by infected and I was like "phew..."

Actually, I was like :bang:

Updates!

-Shooting a gas can/fireworks crate or throwing a molotov at survivors and then changing teams would award points. - Fixed, Thanks Radioknight!

-Dealing Spitter damage, dying, then spawning as a different infected would rack up tons of points. - Fixed

-Spitter damage stays exclusive to spitter damage regardless of what class you are (Hunter, Charger, etc. it will still show up as Spitter Damage). If you spit and a survivor takes spitter damage, it reflects it. However, if you claw a survivor as a Spitter, you get awarded the "Multiple Damage" award instead.

-Survivor friendly fire, for the most part, should be fixed now

(edited)

-New Achievement: I Could Take A Bath In This Stuff (lol portal) - Get 1525 "Spit Damage" awards (every time it says "Spit Damage + 2 points")

-Put "Spit Damage" under it's own variable category for great justice

-Increased "Killing Massacre" achievement from 150 common infected kills to 175.

Edited by JackieChan

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Added a Longshot award (achievement may come soon). Longshot award adds 1 to Special Infected kills.

Longshot + killing Special Infected with no headshot = 2 points

Longshot + killing Special Infected with a headshot = 3 points

(edited)

Update:

Introducing Player Respawning!

Now for only 10 swift payments of 3 points (lol, that's 30), you can respawn yourself! Died? Unable to be defibbed? No worries! Now you can just buy yourself back alive right on your corpse!

"But Jackie, that's way too over powered!"

No worries! Here is what happens when you buy a respawn!

-Get a random Tier 1 weapon

-Get a desert eagle

-Get a random throwable

-Get either pills or adren

You're also black and white with 50 temporary health! - Thanks RadioKnight for this suggestion

No respawning health kit for you! Either buy yourself that full heal you point hoarding...hoarder, or have someone else heal you! Make your second last moments on Earth count!

Fix:

-Can no longer buy items as a survivor (except the respawn) when you're dead.

***Plugin will be updated on the server later on today***

Edited by JackieChan

Changes:

-Melee menu changed to Secondary. Moved pistol and deagle to Secondary menu

-Instead of relying on a config file, gas cans will now be removed from the menu entirely on scavenge finales

-Quick Buy Protection: Added a 3 second delay to !ammo, !heal, and !laser commands. This means, for example, you cannot accidentally buy 2 full heals by accident in quick succession.

-!ammo command now refills M60 and grenade launcher ammo.

(edited)

Because you could refill it by going through the menu as well. This is being consistent. It's absolutely no different than it was before, except before using !ammo with a grenade launcher or m60 just wastes points and doesn't refill the gun's ammo.

Edited by JackieChan