Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

Update:

-New Achievement: Untouchable - Don't get hit by anything (teammate friendly fire doesn't count) for 3 minutes after you leave the saferoom. If you get hit within the 3 minutes, it will tell you you failed the achievement. Achievement timer relies on a minute multiplier which is controlled by a convar (l4d2_minute_multiplier)

-New Achievement: Reeling Them In - As a Smoker, pull someone from really far away (has to be pretty much at maximum range). Achievement gets awarded when a Smoker releases his victim. (Debating whether or not I should apply smoker pull distance toward points.)

-Death Charges now count toward the Survivors Killed achievements

-The "There are x Survivors Left" message now announces when players are defibbed

-Incapping Survivors with a rock should now count toward the Rock-eteer achievement

-When a player disconnects from a server, it will kill all timers associated with the player

-Your total points get announced to you when you die as a Survivor

I love what you've done so far with the !buy system jackie, I've been wondering if you could take a look into if it is possible in making the default map be randomized for whenever the server crashes? Recently, about every 1-3 maps the server will crash and default to Dead Center (if you can fix the server crashing anyway, then fantastic and my previous question is moot)

Edited by direkt

Update:

-Boomer infections now announce who did the infecting of the Survivor. (It will say "[GC] has been infected by !")

-Boomer infections award an additional 2 points.

-Reghosting is now controlled by a convar to either enable or disable it. (l4d2_reghost_enable)

Update:

-New Achievement: Untouchable - Don't get hit by anything (teammate friendly fire doesn't count) for 3 minutes after you leave the saferoom. If you get hit within the 3 minutes, it will tell you you failed the achievement. Achievement timer relies on a minute multiplier which is controlled by a convar (l4d2_minute_multiplier)

I earned this achievement as an infected, doesn't seem quite right. Happened after a scramble moved me from survivors to infected.

Edited by ekstergans

And vice-versa? I don't know if it was an issue, but considering the above bug, I would think that infected players scrambled onto the survivor team would not be able to get the achievement.. but if that had been a problem you probably fixed that in fixing the other issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever consider putting your source code on github? I'm a programmer and I've always wanted to get into writing source engine mods. Do you know of any resources that you think would be helpful? I'm an experienced programmer but have never touched the source engine.

GC Alumni

Go to www.sourcemod.net. You can download the source from other people's work, they have the sourcemod API and other development resources on the site.

I never made the buy plugin, or at least the massive amounts of additions to it, public since it's pretty much still in beta and not something I'm confident in handing out to people.

GC Alumni

Update to Campaign Switcher:

-Previously played campaigns up until 5 will not be chosen when its time to switch to another one. For instance, if the played campaigns look like (most recent listed first):

1. Dead Center
  2. No Mercy
  3. The Parish
  4. Darn Carnival
  5. Swamp Fever

Those 5 will not be chosen when it's time to choose another one. Once a 6th campaign gets added to the list, the campaign in the 5th spot gets dropped off and is eligible to be chosen again. Using "!nc" and choosing "Random Campaign" will also take previously played campaigns into account.

-Command: !camphist - Used to list the previously 5 played campaigns with most recent listed first.

The list will not be saved when the server crashes.

The server crashes a lot. You may want to implement some sort of save function for that campaign switcher. I do realize some admins are on during the crashes and reload a new map when it goes to the default, but still. It could get rid of the constant parish, mercy, dead, dark play-through when it's left up to a votes and personal preferences.

• 3 weeks later...
GC Alumni

Update:

-Added a new infected item. Infected players can now enable the ability to have a mob of zombies spawn whenever a Survivor respawns. It shows up as "Spawn Horde on Respawn", but once you select it, it will have a description telling you what you just read above. This will only be announced to the infected team and who bought it. Once it's bought, it disappears from the buy menu.

This gets triggered whenever Survivors buy a respawn, or defib a dead teammate.

Costs 10 points.

Yeah it seems to happen mostly to the same people over and over again. I didn't get switched but saw it happen to some people half a dozen times.

Also, is it possible to add in rocket jockey points, or a rocket jockey achievement? If I go flying and actually hit somebody with it, that should be worth something at least. Just a small point value like 2 or something would be fine. Doesn't need to be extreme like how hunters have it.

Yeah it seems to happen mostly to the same people over and over again. I didn't get switched but saw it happen to some people half a dozen times.

Also, is it possible to add in rocket jockey points, or a rocket jockey achievement? If I go flying and actually hit somebody with it, that should be worth something at least. Just a small point value like 2 or something would be fine. Doesn't need to be extreme like how hunters have it.

I'd settle for just an on screen message "DESTERION PERFORMED A ROCKET-JOCKEY!!! SUCK IT!!"