Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

Meh, Tanks are already frustrating to play with that stupid slowdown garbage...thanks Valve.

I like this change, but it also means the only thing bots are good at has now been removed. Who would have though they could become even more useless.

(edited)

Update:

-Made it so Tanks aren't slowed by gunfire anymore.

LOL jackie look at you! Left for Dead 2 is almost completely different on GC than anywhere else! Its like a mod of half life practically.

I played with some buddies last night on the xbox for all the cold stream dlc and the game was hard to learn again, not having flying ghosts is HARD

and the amount of restricted areas in the original for infected was like a nightmare

Edited by fxsoap

Meh, Tanks are already frustrating to play with that stupid slowdown garbage...thanks Valve.

I like this change, but it also means the only thing bots are good at has now been removed. Who would have though they could become even more useless.

Like they were useful to begin with. They use health kits when their health is at 60.

Introducing Assist Points for Survivors

Tired of doing damage to a Special Infected player, but not getting any credit if someone steals your kill? Not anymore.

Your points will now be in a xx.xx format. Assist points are based on how much damage you do against a Special Infected player, so if you deal 85% damage to a SI, you get 0.85 points for it (think BF3).

Example (damage was done to a Smoker):

2012-10-17_00003.jpg

Untested - Sending/Requesting a 0.xx point value to another player. It should work, so let me know if it doesn't...although I don't know why you would want to...although I hope it just returns a "Wait...what?" error.

It's not working at the moment on the 10v10 (was perfectly fine on the test server) which doesn't make sense. I'll be investigating it.

not sure how i feel about this....fractions of points....

(edited)

There's bugs.

When i die yesterday the server told that i have 108674832 points.

And when I played dead center, start of the game, charged one person, saw my points were over 1million. I promptly bought a Tank, was slayed....and had -60 points (biggs saved the day!)

:cool:

Edited by fxsoap

If you're seeing "You receive 128356109657 points" it's due to the floating-point conversion.

See, jackie has switched points to float value ; I'm assuming you're using %2.2f as the conversion factor in the menu.

You see the odd number in chat, since he accidentally has it say "You receive %d points", floatVariable.

He simply needs to change the variable in the code from %d to %2.2f (or however else you want to display the floating point) and it will correct that issue.

It's probably why there are issues else-where; probably just forgot to change the variable representation in the code.

And, thank-you for putting this on the server. Glad my cries didn't go unheard :)

I dunno...Maybe I figured it out? I have assist points outputting to a log so I'll see if people are getting any or not.

Also, let me know if you guys are still getting weird point values that are unfamiliar. Copy the entire line so I can find it in the plugin easier, but I think I got them all.

*edit

Looks like assist points work now judging from the logs.

Oct 19 |05:56:22| 2012: 'Blade' got 0.30 assist points by killing MaestroPG.gc

Oct 19 |06:25:19| 2012: 'General' got 0.94 assist points by killing Blade

Oct 19 |06:29:54| 2012: 'General' got 0.51 assist points by killing BOT-(1)Hunter

Don't know why I have it say "by killing " because they're assisting in the kill, not actually killing....whatever. I know what it means and that's all I care about.

Still trying to work out any kinks that I see from the logs as well. If there are any irregularities, I'll see them.

...Some item price inflating may need to happen too :P

I just took random ones to show that it was working.

Also, I should document the changes I did.

Update:

-Assist Points now work

-You get points for Pummeling a Survivor again

-Made it so if you're on the "Confirm" menu when buying an Auto-Heal, but drop below 600 heath, it will buy a Full Heal instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the assist points have been in for a while: Do you have stats on how many extra points the S team earns over the course of a round due to the extras?

It would be good to look at that kind of statistic to see if any re-balancing seems appropriate. Jackie had mentioned earlier that costs may need to be inflated.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

-If an infected player suicides, the survivor players who do damage to them will get assist points

-Axed some useless code

-Hopefully it will announce who was defibbed properly (NO this will not fix the defib bugs though)

-Enabled "l4d2_points_infectionheal_disable". I can't believe I never had it enabled after all this time =\

-Prevented infected ghosts from buying a heal. Also can't believe I never noticed this either

Future ideas:

-Assist Points achievement

-3rd tier common/special infected achievements for Survivors

• Like 2