Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

Hotfix:

-Fixed the secret achievement being awarded to the wrong players.

Is it the show stopper one? I got that as a boomer, so I guess it's related to them. I thought it was for disrupting a heal / incap assist thing, but obviously not.

It could be "Kill 6 boomers while they are staggered" (from melee)

Edited by ctrlfrk
  • Like 1

Played l4d2 last night... Crazy weird game. Took me 30 min to understand the idea of what I have to do.

Buying system and info commands look easy to use, though I had a problem typing them every so often when so much stuff is going on around.

People on the server seemed friendly, especially Chick, healing and reviving! Thanks.

• Like 1

Is the special hat still up for grabs? I now think it's killing any 6 infected while they're rocketing in.

ding ding ding ding ding

That's the specific answer I was looking for. It's actually "Kill 6 Infected while they are in mid-air", but it's close enough. They don't have to be rocketing in.

Jackie there's still an issue with showstopper: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111659834

I was a boomer, got shot in midair. It didn't actually assign me the points though (i had 13, +2 for the failboom = 15) but it said I was the one who got it.

Did you not change the chat message when you hotfixed the bug earlier?

(Also do I really get a cool hat for guessing it? >_>)

GC Coalition Member

Played l4d2 last night... Crazy weird game. Took me 30 min to understand the idea of what I have to do.

Buying system and info commands look easy to use, though I had a problem typing them every so often when so much stuff is going on around.

People on the server seemed friendly, especially Chick, healing and reviving! Thanks.

bind your buy menu on b (like counter strike if you already played) Everything else will be easier

That would mean there's a variable to check if they're on the ground?? Wow.

Nice work, Jackie :)

if (!GetEntityFlags(client) & FL_ONGROUND) { // client in the air }

What's funny about that is that whenever I tried that, even if a SI got killed on the ground, it would still flag it as being in mid-air for some reason. The only thing I was able to do was to reference AtomicStryker's Karma Charge plugin's "GetHeightAboveGround" function and apply it toward how high a SI is above the ground when they died, then use that toward getting the achievement.

Kind of a crude way in getting it to work, but hey, everything is a learning experience.

Update:

-As a Tank, if you are lit on fire and then extinguish yourself, your frustration meter will come back along with any leftover of what I call "Frustration Ticks" (the asterisks in the meter) plus any you happened to gain while on fire.

-Fixed a bug regarding the Tank Spawner mechanic that I'm sure a lot, if not all, didn't know about. The bug was if you buy a Tank as soon as you died from being one and there was no one else waiting to become a Tank, you would respawn as a ghost, but the plugin would think you just spawned as a Tank. This is because the game itself keeps you as the class you are even if you died up until your respawn timer pops up. Now, if you buy a Tank as soon as you died as one, and are chosen to become a Tank again, you will have to wait until your respawn timer comes back to be spawned in as a ghost. (Thanks, Valve.)

If you happen to run into any bugs regarding these two, let me know. I tested them enough to where there shouldn't be any, but you never know.

• Like 2

What about the "I just bought a tank, spawned in, and no tank" bug? Not after just being a tank as stated above. I rarely ever buy tanks (I'm a support/spawn buying player) but the last 2 times I've bought one, it says 'waiting to spawn in' I spawn in, and I never xform into the tank, just whatever SI I had picked. Its happened to a few others I know.

Cink: Is it possible that there is too many tanks in queue? That happened to me before.

Jackie: Can you please check about boomers. Yesterday if boomed 4 people for 8 points, there was nothing that confirmed that in chat (as usually did) but after checking points, I got those 8 points.

Update:

-Fixed a bug regarding ghosting a player when they buy a Tank. With the bug listed above, you should instantly ghost if you're dead regardless if you were previously a Tank or not and not have it bug out.

Just played a game. Was chosen as (awesome) campaign tank. Died and immediately bought another tank. Insta-ghost wasn't working.

Not the biggest problem ever, just thought i'd let you know.

This is because the game keeps you as the Special Infected you were when you died UP UNTIL you ghost again. In other words, you are a Tank even while your respawn timer is counting down. No idea why that happens, but it shouldn't happen anymore. If you're a Tank and die, it clears out your SI class so if you buy a Tank right after dying as a Tank, you'll instantly ghost...if you are chosen to become a Tank that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Kudos on fixing the rage meter glitch!... that was one of the more annoying glitches currently on the server.

I liked that glitch. I exploited the hell out of it in Death Toll when we had people close to tanks.

(edited)

Had an odd bug on Parish I think it was 2 days ago.

Bought a tank, was in ghost mode about to find a place to spawn in, then was notified about 5 seconds later that I was going to be the scripted tank from the server.

No one else was given my tank and I lost my points.

Only 1 tank spawned total

Edited by Soap

Had an odd bug on Parish I think it was 2 days ago.

Bought a tank, was in ghost mode about to find a place to spawn in, then was notified about 5 seconds later that I was going to be the scripted tank from the server.

No one else was given my tank and I lost my points.

Only 1 tank 'spawned' total

Just released a hotfix for this. If this happens again, it should spawn an additional Tank. Let me know if any irregularities occur.

• Like 1

Update:

-AK47 has been nerfed (will require a server restart, so based on when you see this, it may need one or not. Just going to wait it out)

==The gun's "Virtual Punch" (how much the screen jerks upward when fired) has been doubled so now it'll be noticable

==Bullet spread was increased (I don't even know if this will make any difference, I doubt it)

==Damage per bullet is now 41 (it'll take 35% of a person's magazine size for the AK47 to kill a charger compared to 25% (not including headshots))

==It's fire rate has been decreased by 0.02 seconds (meaning it will fire a tad bit slower)

I was debating decreasing it's magazine size, but I don't want people to get confused by that reload animation bug if the magazine is full and they try to reload with the gun with the magazine size changed.

• Like 1

Update:

-AK47 has been nerfed (will require a server restart, so based on when you see this, it may need one or not. Just going to wait it out)

==The gun's "Virtual Punch" (how much the screen jerks upward when fired) has been doubled so now it'll be noticable

==Bullet spread was increased (I don't even know if this will make any difference, I doubt it)

==Damage per bullet is now 41 (it'll take 35% of a person's magazine size for the AK47 to kill a charger compared to 25% (not including headshots))

==It's fire rate has been decreased by 0.02 seconds (meaning it will fire a tad bit slower)

I was debating decreasing it's magazine size, but I don't want people to get confused by that reload animation bug if the magazine is full and they try to reload with the gun with the magazine size changed.

Jackie I think you seriously overnerfed the ak with all this stuff. According to my math (which could be off) the ak only has 273.3 dps, while the scar and m16 sit at 368.4 and 376.2. combined with this recoil stuff its actually a crap tier gun now - not just a weaker assault rifle.

I actually think the recoil stuff is really cool though, if you put it in all the ARs and auto shotties it would introduce a new skill we could all work on

Update:

Jackie I think you seriously overnerfed the ak with all this stuff. According to my math (which could be off) the ak only has 273.3 dps, while the scar and m16 sit at 368.4 and 376.2. combined with this recoil stuff its actually a crap tier gun now - not just a weaker assault rifle.

I actually think the recoil stuff is really cool though, if you put it in all the ARs and auto shotties it would introduce a new skill we could all work on

Shots per second used to be 7.69 and now its 7.67. Damage used to be 58 and now its 41.

7.67*41 = 314 dps

Though I do think decreasing the firing time was unnecessary. The AK already had the slowest firing time of all the tier 2 weapons. But I guess this makes the M16 the new best weapon. Take note everyone!

Update:

Shots per second used to be 7.69 and now its 7.67. Damage used to be 58 and now its 41.

7.67*41 = 314 dps

Though I do think decreasing the firing time was unnecessary. The AK already had the slowest firing time of all the tier 2 weapons. But I guess this makes the M16 the new best weapon. Take note everyone!

It should be 1/7.69 = .13 seconds/ bullet

then .13+.02 = .15 new seconds/ bullet

then 1/.15 = 6.667 bullets/ second

6.667/7.69 = .867 = 13.3% fire rate nerf

Okay, I did some testing regarding the AK47 for tweaking purposes. I decided to mess around with the range modifier.

What is the range modifier? It basically a damage dropoff for bullets. The further away you are, the less damage a bullet is going to do.

Let's look at the default settings for it:

"Range" "3000"
"RangeModifier" "0.97"

The 3000 for Range is a unit of measurement for the game. What that unit is, I'm not sure, but I wrote a small plugin for the nature of this test which will show me how far away I am from my target, and how much damage I am doing to them from that far away. I used a Boomer in this test because it was the biggest target to hit and it doesn't matter which SI you use anyway.

For the nature of this test, the AK47's damage is set to 50 as it's a nice round number.

For this test, the Boomer is going to be standing here, right at the end of the truck in c1m2.

2013-01-13_00002.jpg

This first distance shot test is at the end of the first grass hedge.

2013-01-13_00004.jpg

The 158 damage was a headshot. Headshots are also effected by range as well. Seems at this range, damage isn't completely effected.

This shot was done at the end of the second grass hedge.

2013-01-13_00005.jpg

See how at this far back the damage is already almost half of 50?

This shot is done all the way back touching the fence (next to the police cars)

2013-01-13_00006.jpg

So this far back, you're pretty much doing half the damage (couldn't get a headshot this far back unfortunately).

What does this all mean?

For starters, the AK47 damage is getting it's damage and rate of fire back to default. Meaning it will again do 58 damage per bullet with a 0.13 cycle time. However, the range modifier is now set to "0.80". It's default was "0.97" with a flat "1.00" meaning that bullets aren't effected by range. The spread decay was changed to "5" as well. It's default was 7.

I hope this nerf to the AK47 is better than the previous one. Also, the server is going to require another restart to happen before this change takes place.

• Like 2