Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

-Hopefully fixed UNTOUCHABLE not triggering properly when getting hit by CI or other means

-Fixed purchasing hordes

-Did error fixing in the Round Start Freezer (such a terrible name...) plugin and better handling of some stuff

*Made it so you need 50% of the people in the server to ready up instead of 40% to skip the countdown

• Like 5

-Fixed purchasing hordes

too late jackie, i alredy unbinded that in favor of witches!

they sometimes spawn way too close to the survivors, kinda op to be honest.

Hopefully fixed UNTOUCHABLE not triggering properly when getting hit by CI or other means

will we still lose untochable if we take fall damage?

-Fixed purchasing hordes

too late jackie, i alredy unbinded that in favor of witches!

they sometimes spawn way too close to the survivors, kinda op to be honest.

Hopefully fixed UNTOUCHABLE not triggering properly when getting hit by CI or other means

will we still lose untochable if we take fall damage?

Of course you will :)

Me and a couple people were talking a couple weeks ago(forget who) and we were thinking that if we could get a little notification of someone sent you points on the top right hand of the screen that'd be nice. It's hard to read it in the chat since it gets spammed easily near the end game with so and so bought a tank and so and so left that game. I don't know how much I'm asking for here since I've never tried modding for l4d but tell me if you can try something.

Also know I'm asking a poop ton here because I don't know if the entire buy menu code is public or not but if that too could be moved to the right hand side of the screen so i doesn't get jumbled with chat that would be literally the best thing to happen to the server.

I can understand if you can't accomplish these things but just a shot in the dark here.

Me and a couple people were talking a couple weeks ago(forget who) and we were thinking that if we could get a little notification of someone sent you points on the top right hand of the screen that'd be nice. It's hard to read it in the chat since it gets spammed easily near the end game with so and so bought a tank and so and so left that game. I don't know how much I'm asking for here since I've never tried modding for l4d but tell me if you can try something.

Also know I'm asking a poop ton here because I don't know if the entire buy menu code is public or not but if that too could be moved to the right hand side of the screen so i doesn't get jumbled with chat that would be literally the best thing to happen to the server.

Has already been discussed before.  Not possible.

Also, forgot to document this as well:

Update:

-Used different method in detecting the Charger ghost bug - where someone connects to the server which causes an infected ghost player to "parent" with a survivor.  When this happens the Infected player is unable to move or do anything but teleport madly around the level taking the Survivor player when them until they either buy a suicide, are slayed, or go AFK.  This method should more reliably detect when this happens and automatically slay the infected player...because it seems to be working since it's still outputting log information.

(this was what broke UNTOUCHABLE before)

• Like 1

I have a weird one for you guys that I have noticed. 1st say crash course there is a fire trashcan there and you stand on it you lose HP. Then say you start the round and do not get hit for 3 min you still get untouchable with that fire damage taken. 2nd say someone joins mid game. I have noticed that when you get hit , it says you know not able to get that achievement any more. How does it work do you have to wait 3 min or do you not get it, or does it count on the round time?

Also On the finale of crash course i had purchased 2 tanks and each time the rage meter glitched and skipped the 60 seconds and I immediately went into flames.

Jackie you are Lawhd for all of this mod fixing you do xD

• 1 month later...

Can you increase the cost of laser sights for balance? At least, making it the same price as the gun, I think.

Or disable laser sights from buy menu. Most people rely on that. I can't play boomer or hunter if someone has really good aim. My rocket boomer can only go after chargers. And as a hunter, I have to turn my head back or buy a heal halfway while pouncing.

Survivors can have heavy guns easily but the HP of infected is still the same. That's really hurt :(

Edited by QQ1034914840
  • Like 1

Can you increase the cost of laser sights for balance? At least, making it the same price as the gun, I think.

Or disable laser sights from buy menu. Most people rely on that. I can't play boomer or hunter if someone has really good aim. My rocket boomer can only go after chargers. And as a hunter, I have to turn my head back or buy a heal halfway while pouncing.

Survivors can have heavy guns easily but the HP of infected is still the same. That's really hurt :(

Learn to be more creative with your booms. Don't jump so high and take some unexpected angles.

• Like 2