Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

What if instead, the spitter spawn is at 0 at the beginning of the round? They will have to buy up the spitter spawn limit to then be able to spawn as one. While statistics of success for the elevator is low, I wouldn't like to completely eliminate the choke point. If there is no spitter, there's hardly anything to prevent them from going in like every other elevator situations.

• Like 3

What if instead, the spitter spawn is at 0 at the beginning of the round? They will have to buy up the spitter spawn limit to then be able to spawn as one. While statistics of success for the elevator is low, I wouldn't like to completely eliminate the choke point. If there is no spitter, there's hardly anything to prevent them from going in like every other elevator situations.

I think that might be a little too much to start at 0 :P.

The spitter break on elevators seems like a great idea

How about we just leave it the way it was before, or is that out of the question?

I know the spitters filling the elevator with spit may seem overpowered, but it's not like riding your way up is impossible. Surviving the elevator with the available spitter slots may be improbable, but not impossible. It just takes good timing for everyone in the survivor team to make it across the elevator. Unless your team consists of mostly bots ( THIS is when everyone entering the elevator gets impossible with spitters around), then you still have a chance to make it through :)

This chapter of Hard Rain also gives the losing team that is taking a beating an opportunity to redeem themselves at the elevator part. Let's say that 7-10 members of the survivors in the winning team makes it to the safe room for the first 2 chapters, while the losing team dies 50-70% of the way for both chapters. (I say the losing team's performance is fairly good and respectable. It could be worse for them).

There is a several hundred score difference between both teams. The third chapter gives the losing team a chance to use the spitters at the elevator to their advantage. It gives the infected team a chance to pull off an upset victory over the dominant survivor team since the elevator part is tough for the survivors. Sure, the winning team can do the same ambush on the losing team at the elevator for the next found, but it'll make the game seem more even compared to before if both teams die there. Besides, like I said before, the losing team can also pull off another upset if they do survive the elevator part instead of the other team, even if it does seem unlikely. This is just a scenario where the team that is losing by a lot can potentially benefit from using spitters at the elevator. They could get some/all of the good kills on the dominant winning team that they couldn't get from the previous 2 chapters.

Besides, it feels so rewarding when you do survive the elevator with spitters around since it's pretty challenging to get through it. It's kinda like what anzul said earlier on. Disabling the spitters takes away that merit and that "holy hell" moment now when survivors do make it exit the elevator unharmed. Infected could still try ambushing at the top floors of the building, but it won't have that same unpredictability of whether or not the survivors could weasel their way through the "spitter's death trap." I know I'm alone here, but I don't think we need spitters to be disabled for the beginning of that chapter.

But then again, I'm too late either way. Nothing I can do about it.

Edited by Carlos

There are too many variables in play to make the elevator part any bit fair for either team in that situation:

-Bots

-Players who don't listen

-Slower players

-Unaware players

-Incapped players in the elevator preventing starting the event

I found that it's too hard to fix the event without just getting rid of Spitters until the first checkpoint.  I would rather people be able to play through the entire map than have it end at the elevator 95% of the time.

• Like 1

what abouth making a "cold stream" ladder/stairway whit pathing? the one from the first map near the tank.

this way survivors can decide wheter to climb(bots/new players game) or go trough the elevator of death (full menbers team)

you could also put some covered fences below to separate both paths and make it easier for infected.

Edited by anzul
  • Like 2

Update:

-New achievement - I THINK I'M GONNA TO BE SICK - Boom 30 Survivors in total

Is this a typo or a reference I don't get? Shouldn't it be "I THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK"? I've noticed this for a while but never said anything. Sorry for being a grammar nazi.  

Update:

-Added second tier Untouchable: CAN'T TOUCH THIS - Don't take damage for 6 minutes after you leave the saferoom

So is it 3 then 6 for 9 or 6 total

Nvm I think I had a blonde moment and its 6 total unless I'm wrong

Edited by chick82

Update:

-Reduced "Points per Boom" to 1.5.  Down from 2.

-Added "Common Assistance" points for Boomers.  For every common infected that hits a Survivor that you boomed, you get 0.1 points per hit.

I've always wanted to do this, but couldn't really ever figure it out.

• Like 4

Reduced "Points per Boom" to 1.5.  Down from 2.

NOOOOOOO WHAT  THE-

Added "Common Assistance" points for Boomers

FHYUtET.png

is it posible to get kill points from booms/comons kills?

Edited by anzul
  • Like 1

lol^

Why not just use hunters then? 

Maybe I am not good at them.  Doesn't mean they are not over powered though.  Too many games I have been on where ONE person who is good at pouncing gets a tank early and completely wipes up.  No amount of scrambling or swapping will fix that, the advantage goes to the team with that one person. 

First the spitters get nerfed, now the boomers.  What next, smokers?  This will be a high pounce server if this keeps up.

• Like 1