Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

It's so easy to skeet the hunters though, especially with an AWP(or AK) and a 3-point laser. If someone hits their first 3 pounces right out of the saferoom then they are pretty lucky too. I really don't care if hunter points get nerfed or not, I'm just tired of people saying hunters are overpowered. It's by far the most difficult class to use. 

• Like 1

It's so easy to skeet the hunters though, especially with an AWP(or AK) and a 3-point laser. If someone hits their first 3 pounces right out of the saferoom then they are pretty lucky too. I really don't care if hunter points get nerfed or not, I'm just tired of people saying hunters are overpowered. It's by far the most difficult class to use. 

Now that right there is a lie, sure it might be hard to get a pounce in against a good team but its an easy class to use, literally anyone with common sense can use it and earn lots of points which is why I think they're op. Lots of good players playing hunter missing pounces while the other team just strolls on through, I've seen it happen many times. I now prefer charger beat downs over pounces to earn my points, hunters are too mainstream :)

• Like 2

its an easy class to use.

Lots of good players playing hunter missing pounces while the other team just strolls on through, I've seen it happen many times. \

So if good players still have trouble hitting pounces then is it really that easy to use? And of course you think it's easy, you are a top5 player in the server and have an insane amount of time played.

And plus, I'm not saying that the points are where they should be for pounces, I'm just saying it's way harder to land a high pounce than any other special infected attack. You can't really argue that hunters are the hardest class to use, you can argue that they get way too many points however. 

• Like 1

In terms of OP, Jackie hasn't mucked with how much damage they do, only how many points are given.  So when I speak of OP, I only am referring to how many points a class generates.  You take a good charger/boomer/spitter and it still takes a while to build enough points for a tank.  Take a good hunter and those points can build very quickly.  

So I am arguing that hunters generate too many points in comparison to the other classes available on the server.

• Like 2

My rank and time played have nothing to do with my skill. its an easy class to use on most maps because of the height of some of the buildings is what I should of said, anything above 14 damage is actually some good point earning. and what i meant when I said that was that some players think they can earn more points by pouncing due to the points they know they can earn as a hunter, most times the other team will just run through maps 'cause the good players are trying to pounce when the not so good players are doing whatever.

Different strokes for different folks.  Quality charging and spitting wins more games that hunt/tanking I would bet.  I am not actually sure if this change to boomers is a bad thing, I like the idea of getting assist points, although it might be good to up that a tad (maybe to .15) just to try and keep  the point total consistent with what was there before and to encourage booming.

Definitely make booming incaps more attractive.

Edited by Lookback
  • Like 1

Well crap. Now the way I got to a tank will take even longer. I don't think the points assist will amount to a whole lot with the way people use fire works. But there you have it, OP hunters left untouched.

I do want to balance out Hunters.  Just haven't thought of a good enough way to rework it yet.  I was banking on Common Assistance points last night, but yeah, fireworks would be something to contend with. 

I get tank points almost every map, whether I play boomer, hunter or a combination.  Spitters and Chargers, you just need to do at the right time.  Smoker and jockey I rarely play.

Until I play, I cant say if this is a nerf on boomers.  I like the idea though.  It would be good to have more damage for boomers based on the common hits.  Reducing it .5 and giving an extra .1 for each hit, seems like it gives the potential to make boomers stronger.  I guess we will see after we play it.

FYI, we did nerf hunters, they used to get full damage on incapped players.  I personally don't want to see them change much from where they are now.  If we do change them, I hope it is a small amount, maybe just reduce the points received per pounce by 10% or something.  But I would prefer to see some increases in points for Jockeys and Smokers, instead of decreases on other classes.

Well boomer is pretty useless now for point farming, charger is now strictly better.  Would like to see it changed back to way it was as I usually play with all members who spam fireworks, so I get no points for common assists.  The way it is now charger and hunter are the best class to farm points, which is sad since boomer is the only support class and helps the team the most.

• Like 2

yea the assistance points seem to be inconsistent

Doesn't work at all when I have used boomer. I've boomed standing and incapped players and no extra points when they get attacked. 

Defiant has reported this problem. Honestly, I don't you get points per common hit but by a certain number of common hits. 1 hit=/=.10. I think it's more like 10 hits=.10 points, 20 hits=.20 points. I'd rather see increased infection rate than an inconsistent common assistance point award.