Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

I know I was boomed and spit on but to drop from green to dead in an instant?

i have seen that bug a couple times, its the deadly spitt

it takes a TON of health out of you in just 1 second

the first time i was infected on the 4th map of hard rain, and as soon as game started, someone rocket spitted and one of the survivors got incaped in spitt on the door right away. 

the second time it happened to me, i remenber i touched spitt for just a moment and saw my health bar go away in a blink. no lag or anything.

2spooky4me

The boomer got the death charge points

i got death charge points as a ghost once, wonder if it was something similar.

is there any diference at all betwen the 2  weakest shotguns? because we were playing parish erlier and...

CgHTO69.jpg

maybe you guys could "ban" one of them? unless theres something actualy usefull about them that i ignore lol

Edited by anzul

maybe you guys could "ban" one of them? unless theres something actualy usefull about them that i ignore lol

They're good + deagle and you can easily kill witches (a.k.a draw cr0wn) too bad it doesn't register as a full cr0wn, can also skeet hunters, shoot lots of commons. Just need to know how to use them and for the love of god don't use them for long range, it's hilarious to see the bots do it and even more so when people do it.

Edited by Vilkys

Shouldn't there really be a different choice of weapon other then those 2 shotguns?  They are essentially the same.  It seems to happen alot on that map in Parish.  Or is that a bug?  :unsure:

Jackie should buff one.  And not tell anyone.  :)  Then buff the other, and not tell anyone.  Keep doing it.  LOL

Or make it that one shotgun does immense damage to only a tank.  Then use strategy with it. 

Edited by Garychios
  • Like 1

The differences between the shotguns is spread, pellet count per shot, and damage per pellet.

If I remember correctly, chrome and auto shotguns have a tighter spread than their counterparts. Wooden shotgun has more pellets per shot. SPAS has less pellets, but does more damage. I'd have to look at the weapon scripts to be sure though.

Back to boomer. Played for just one map of survivor and one of infected. Mostly played hunter, but when I played boomer, seemed to get a lot of common assistance points. Again, it was just a small sample, but was surprised how much I was getting. Did you bump up the points on it?

Yes, yes he did :)

I think chrome shotgun and smg have longer range and are more accurate, and pump and silenced smg deal more damage but less accurate.  Also really like boomer now its better than hunter I think on most maps now.  I got about 6 points for booming an incapped because he died to commons.

was seing some weird glitches a while ago, someone else confirmed they were seeing them too, couldnt take more pics or anything because i got nosteam-logon'ed:

http://i.imgur.com/KZh7eip.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kXEXXe7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Xc9JRd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BE3Hb33.jpg

thats probably a client side issue.. Have you been able to reproduce it?

not sure about your other post. looks like l4d2

thats probably a client side issue.. Have you been able to reproduce it?

its the first time i see anything like that in the game, i dont even know what could had caused it, couldnt had been addons. aside from updating the new custom manualy i havent messed whit that in ages, nor any external programs.

if it happens again i'll screncap the console log

• 2 months later...

Update:

-Made balance changes (nerfs) to the M60:

--Refilling ammo for the M60/Grenade Launcher is now 12 points, up from 9.  Ammo refilling for these weapons is also controlled by a convar

--Buying Incendiary/Explosive ammo now costs twice as much as it would if you were to buy it without the M60 - yes, more than buying a pack for the team (does not affect the Grenade Launcher)

--Buying Laser Sights now costs 2.5x as much as it would if you were to buy it without the M60 (does not affect the Grenade Launcher)

-Fixed a bug where buying a laser sight through the menu would still deduct points even if you had a weapon that already had laser sights

-Cost of ammo for the M60/Grenade Launcher through the selection menu (not confirmation menu) now shows the correct price

**Ridiculously** OP with laser + explosive/incendiary ammo + instant, continuous bound refills in the hands of these top tier players in the later stages of a round, especially open areas that are already disadvantageous for infected.  Sorry to burst the giddy, rambo style, SI-tank-witches slaughtering rampage meta the game has been leaning towards on our servers.

Edited by MeJohnny
  • Like 1

ak is still better, if people on the other team are buying m60s your team is more than likely already losing. i personally don't buy them unless i have 75+ points saved already since ammo is used so fast. formerly 18 points for 300 rounds vs 3 points for 400 ak rounds

I've gotten complaints about the M60 being too OP.

did this happen recently? i havent been in the server for a couple weeks now so i duno about then, but i have never seen anyone stomping on the infected team whit the m60.

and now that i think about it... the m60 SHOULD be kind of a big deal, at least biger than it currently is. like 50 points for m60 whit infinite anmo and 10 more for the laser, that would be something to look forward to in long rounds.

Can we have something like witches on survivors incap?

I quite like this... Or more generally I like the idea of the infected as a team getting a reward for an incap/kill... Kinda like how the survivors all get 2 points for killing a tank.

Maybe the infected should all get 1 point for an incap, 2 for a kill. 

It might even encourage the survivors to actually save incaps in the back instead of waiting around awkwardly for them to die so it doesn't look like they're rushing or abandoning teammates.