Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

• 5 months later...
GC Alumni

Update:

-With various amounts of feedback regarding Hunters, damage pounce points will now award points from the "formula" (Damage/2) to the new one (Damage/2.5).  Instead of a 25 damage pounce awarding 12.5 points, they will now award 10 points following the new multiplier.

Still going to workshop this and see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to propose this on the other thread but it's locked.

If points could be awarded based on how high the hunter pounce is done with a starting 6.7 points at the minimum distance for a 25 dmg pounce and 12.5 for a pounce where the hunter is 2-3x higher, then hunter would have the choice of possibly landing a 6.7 points per pounce or risk getting nothing when trying to get a pounce worth 12.5 points.

Its just people hating on the hunter that's all, if people would be more aware and look up,or even hitting the hunter ounce while its climbing,there would not be so many pounces.some people say that hunters only pounce new people and bots but that is so wrong,most people that get pounced are regulars that fail to look up.

GC Server Admin
(edited)

I wanted to propose this on the other thread but it's locked.

If points could be awarded based on how high the hunter pounce is done with a starting 6.7 points at the minimum distance for a 25 dmg pounce and 12.5 for a pounce where the hunter is 2-3x higher, then hunter would have the choice of possibly landing a 6.7 points per pounce or risk getting nothing when trying to get a pounce worth 12.5 points.

there is a reason why its locked

Hunters gonna cry

Edited by Mercman
  • Like 1

(edited)

there is a reason why its locked

Hunters gonna cry

It was an idea to keep both side happy but whatever.

We'll just wait on Jackie.

Is it possible to add a timer for skipping the tank? A few times players go AFK to pass the tank but it ends up going AI, a timer would prevent the infected team from losing a tank.

Edited by Vilkys

• 1 month later...
GC Server Admin

Excellent work JC

There is one other thing maybe - picking incapped up and hanging from a ledge :  it's so easy to pick someone up from the floor and get 3pts,  but extremely dangerous when picking up from a ledge and only get 1pt - maybe those points should be reversed?

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
GC Alumni

Update:

-When resetting points, it now accounts for both if you have reconnected within 3 minutes of disconnecting, and if the time of disconnect is within the 3 minutes of the game's engine time.  Meaning if the game's engine time is at 40 minutes, you will only get your points back if you reconnect anywhere between 40 and 43 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
GC Alumni

Update:

-Killing or doing damage to bots will now award less points to the attacking player (for the most part)

Thinking of making a one or two time purchase for Tanks (not per Tank, mind you) only that would allow them to open the safe room door...I just have to remember if it's possible or not.

• Like 1

GC Alumni

Update:

-Hopefully fully fixed killed Bot messages and should display correctly

-Fixed Achievement in last update not applying correctly in most cases: LITTLE HELP FROM MY LITTLE FRIENDS - Get 5 total points from common infected assists as a Boomer.

• Like 1

Would be nice if survivors were to get the same amount of points as before for healing a bot and killing an SI bot, as it is now survivors get little to no points while infected get a massive amount killing a bot and that is just one sided.

I don't mind if nothing changes for whatever reason but i find it funny people buy tank and fail to kill the other team and then leave at the end of the round.

GC Board Member

i find it funny people buy tank and fail to kill the other team and then leave at the end of the round.

is there a better time to leave the game? lol 

GC Alumni

Update:

-Killing Special Infected bots now award points properly

-Assisting in Special Infected bot kills award 1/4th the assist points

-Incapping a Survivor bot awards half the normal amount

New kill achievement tiers for Survivors:

-KILLING MONSTER MASH - Kill 325 common infected

-SPECIAL INFECTED ASSASSIN - Kill 100 Special Infected

I don't expect many people to ever get this much...especially Dixie who can't even get Special Infected Murderer...

• Like 3