Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

About the tanks, I don't think they should be more or less expensive, but the hit points are something to modify. I think 6000 HP is a little bit slow when there are 8-10 survivors, but when somebody buys a tank when there are 2-3 survivors remaining is a huge disadvantage for the survivors. I think the HP should be proportional to the number of alive survivors; maybe 1000 HP per each alive survivor, or a minimum life of 3000 + 500 per each alive survivor.

I don't know if this is easy to implement (or even possible) but it would encourage the infected team to avoid buying unnecessary tanks when they will obviously win

No, because shortening the timeout will just encourage the charger players to spam their heals more frequently than they already do. 

The purpose of the timeout is to protect the infected from overbuying the heals, not to protect the survivors from infected healing too much.

If it's really a big problem then increase the cost for buying heals. Being limited by time is really lame.

Hello everyone,

As one of the charger users here on this server, I agree with Leumash with reducing the heal timer.

But considering that some people don't seem to appreciate the charger beat downs, maybe we could do a compromise?

Have a buy option for infected to "reduce infected heal timer from 3 seconds to (2 or 1) seconds" that will cost 25 points.

That way in the early rounds, the survivors won't feel overwhelmed with the OP chargers beating them down early.

That's just my opinion and hopefully it can be addressed.

Thank you.

Charger punches are already overpowered and spammed way too much. This would make it super over powered. Just gotta dodge better Leumash! :)

chargers arent overpowered at all, melee weapons and awps both destroy chargers who are trying to spam heal and punch, ask anyone who plays charger often how annoying it is to play against that. also there isnt many people who do that in the first place. i see it as a strategy that infected can use to deal out large amounts of damage, although not gaining many points. if it were easier to gain points, maybe dealing more damage wouldnt be the priority..  :ponder:

Charger punches are already overpowered and spammed way too much. This would make it super over powered. Just gotta dodge better Leumash! :)

Charger punches aren't OP. It's honestly only useful in very specific situations. If you try to charger punch a group of survivors (and survivors are rarely not in a group) you get melted.

Personally, I think charger punches are only useful in tight enclosed areas when the survivors are completely separated. And even then, if a lone survivor has a melee weapon, you still melt. If a lone survivor is in an open area, then survivor runs out of melee distance. Again, all viable situations being completely contingent on the survivor being alone.

But this is besides the point, I was suggesting the 1-second heal timer for various reasons, charger punching being one of. Other situations, such as jockey/hunter/smoker on a separated survivor is totally worth spamming heals so you don't die from other survivors shooting at you from a distance. Even having charged a survivor and moving them a large distance/hard to shoot area benefits from multiple heals. I often heal to survive just that little bit to try to ensure the incapacitation.

Can I make a request here?

There's a feature that protects yourself from healing multiple times in a row. I'd assume this is so that infected don't accidentally waste points. The timeout for heals is 3 seconds, which is fine for tanks, but far too long for all other infected.

Specifically, I like being a charger then punching survivors while healing. The 3 second timer is too long with a charger's low hp pool. I would suggest that 1 second would be good enough to prevent accidental rebuys and sufficient to be able to heal fast enough.

Infected used to be able to spam heals non-stop.  I got Jackie to put a stop to that.  Melee weapons is an effective counter, BUT new players to our servers and members who don't use binds to buy melee weapons ( cough cough ) get absolutely wrecked by chargers spamming heals.  That's why there is a 3 second cooldown on SI spamming heals.  

There's a feature that protects yourself from healing multiple times in a row. I'd assume this is so that infected don't accidentally waste points. The timeout for heals is 3 seconds, which is fine for tanks, but far too long for all other infected.

Specifically, I like being a charger then punching survivors while healing. The 3 second timer is too long with a charger's low hp pool. I would suggest that 1 second would be good enough to prevent accidental rebuys and sufficient to be able to heal fast enough.

Infected used to be able to spam heals non-stop.  I got Jackie to put a stop to that.  Melee weapons is an effective counter, BUT new players to our servers and members who don't use binds to buy melee weapons ( cough cough ) get absolutely wrecked by chargers spamming heals.  That's why there is a 3 second cooldown on SI spamming heals.  

aSVjtu7.png

But what if you're against a team of stacked survivors? Using conventional attacks ie; flying boomers would get you skeeted easily, the rest of the infected classes are pretty much ineffective since they'll get shot down instantly, unless they co-ordinate in some certain choke points, or buy some heals to dish a little damage if possible.

Sticking to the main question, should we have the SI heal spams back? I would say no, but I'm in favor of reducing the Infected heal timer from 3 to 2 seconds, but have that as an infected upgrade maybe worth "25" points? That would certainly help the infected in some tough games with good survivors, and also a good compromise to some new players and members that don't use a melee weapon.

Doesn't it give you a rewarding feeling when you can incapacitate a survivor by punching them down, crotching them to misery, or boomer scratching them for the lols? All of that with no tank. It's possible with SI heals, lowering it from 3 to 2 seconds? Even better.

The only real problem with charger punches that I see is when you're incapped.... it seems like you can't do enough damage with one pistol to overcome a charger that can keep healing.ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

buy a deagle for 2 points; damage per shot=80; damage per headshot=320. at least last time i checked these were the stats. if you dont have the points to buy up right away just buy a deagle and you have a much higher chance of killing a charger punching you while downed. 

While I like the unpin option I have to point out that if you buy it mid charge or half way pulled by smoker then it won't work and you will have spent 10 points for nothing.

Now if you buy it before you get charged then once the charger comes to a stop the unpin will work.

Update v2.4.1.2gc:

Introducing Fireproof Hordes!

Now you can actually buy a horde that has use (they're guaranteed to spawn now as well)!

Fireproof Hordes are just simply Hazmat zombies.  It will spawn in 25 of them per purchase and can only be purchased one horde at a time.  They also will NOT have bile jars attached to them (thanks DAlighieri for catching that).  They will also be stronger than your average zombie with 150 health instead of the game's default 50. 

They will still cost 10 points which, based on feedback, may be subject to change.

Horde purchase variation may happen down the road.

• Like 4

Hordes are a great addition from what I can see so far, they're causing no end of trouble to people especially when boomed

Straight off the bat, 10 points seems a little low for the fireproof and x3 hp, you can get that in a decent (not a Dixie) boom or a single decent pounce, but haven't seen it enough yet to really pass judgement, just glad I finally got a melee weapon bind key :P

I really like the horde.  It is not so over powered that it overwhelms them.  However, done at the right time, it can really distract them when they are desperate and using fireworks to clear the way.  It slows them down, especially for spit.

Yeah, I can definitely see it being a great buy on certain maps where visibility isn't great anyway (Hard Rain being a prime example, Swamp Fever too), or just used in conjunction with choke points and tank spawns. Ya can't get out of spit if you're surrounded by zombies that won't die, and ya can't run from a tank smackin' ya if you got ten hazmat chaps bashing your head in, and it slows people down enough to make them easier targets for booms, pounces and maybe death charges in certain areas. Really like it so far

Edited by tainted92