Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

I think a simple thing that would boost smoker is awarding points when you cause the person you smoked to be dropped to their death. As it is, you lose out on the 5 points for the kill, and any other bonus points for killing an admin or whatever.

Additionally, you should get points if you leave someone hanging off a ledge with your smoke. that's almost as good as an incap, as they either need to waste points, or wait for teammate assistance. Granting points for leaving someone hanging would also be a buff to Jockey points as well, which I think is the more common class to do it with.

• Like 1

I'll have to find the free time to do it...since I don't have much anymore these days.

Dance, monkey, dance!!!

I can't imagine what you could have to do that would be more important than spending large amounts of unpaid time doing work for the benefit of other people.

Get to it!!

Edited by DAlighieri

Thanks JC - however, I think with the jockey ride achievements and the 20pt (average for a decent ride) rocket jockey should be scrapped.

I assume you mean damage points? Otherwise I want to know how the hell you're averaging 20 buy menu points with a jockey.

Thanks JC - however, I think with the jockey ride achievements and the 20pt (average for a decent ride) rocket jockey should be scrapped.

I assume you mean damage points? Otherwise I want to know how the hell you're averaging 20 buy menu points with a jockey.

Taking a survivor (with full health)  for a jockey walk and incapping them can easily give you 20pts

Taking a survivor (with full health)  for a jockey walk and incapping them can easily give you 20pts

This is far from average though. I'd be willing to bet that it's far below average as far as jockey rides are concerned. 

Also, thanks for the wonderful contribution Johnny. Can always count on you.

I wouldn't say that the points delivered for a Jockey ride are the problem; an attentive team will shut that down pretty quickly. The issue, at least from observing gameplay this week, is the damage that rocket jockey delivers. It hits like a truck, and I believe it's been stated that the damage for landing a RJ is more than a max Hunter pounce. And I totally love the rocket jockey plays, but I can see why people are unhappy with it.

Or perhaps a compromise. Maybe drop the damage scale for landing the rocket. Where as hunter requires some skill and prep to hit that max pounce with the wall/ceiling jumps, max jockey damage currently just means you ghost jump in and drop on someone. Maybe the max drops, so that you can still hit some nice damage, but not a 1/4 health drop just for falling down.

Rocket Jockey is great, and I'm grateful we have it. I just suppose it could be a bit more balanced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Update: 2.4.1.64gc:

-Reduced the amount of points Chargers get from scratches by a factor of 25, up from 10

==Reduced the amount of points Chargers get from scratches to bots by a factor of 40, up from 25.

In other words, you will now get the amounts of points you got when scratching bots for actual human players now.  Scratching bots gives even less.

This can be adjusted if necessary.

• Like 1