Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackieChan

Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

985 posts / 41691 viewsLast Reply

I think the intent was to prevent the chargers from farming points for a heal. Before the update, a charger could 1v1 a survivor because it could farm enough points with punches and buy a heal, or at least reduce the cost of one. The charger could incapped the survivor with this tactic if they were good enough. Of course, the survivors could have countered the charger with a melee weapon or a shotgun. For example, the survivor could have used a rifle + melee weapon or a shotgun + deagle combo to counter the punchy charger. And since tier 2 and melee weapons are littered all over every single map, the survivor only has their hubris to blame if they succumbed to charger punches. The downside of these two combos is that they can also counter every other infected as well. The survivor would feel less danger and thrill as a result. I also believe the survivor has the option to cheat by sticking with their team and using teamwork to kill the charger. But I am not aware of any players who debase themselves with such shameful tactics on this sacred server. In fact, I am not sure why I even uttered such blasphemous words like "team" or "teamwork". Just forget what I said. 

Now, without the sarcasm; I don't think the new update effects the gameplay that much, at least for the infected. I am not aware of anyone farming tanks points with charger punches. It does, however, further reduces the importance of teamwork for the survivors. 

Edited by Socks

Just increase points you get from charging and hitting survivors to compensate that way you are getting most your points from doing what the class was supposed to do originally.  I think 1.25 for charge and slam then 2 for crash is fair. 

Just increase points you get from charging and hitting survivors to compensate that way you are getting most your points from doing what the class was supposed to do originally.  I think 1.25 for charge and slam then 2 for crash is fair. 

^ Can we get this please? Also it would be nice to get points by doing chain charges, that would encourage players to do some chain charging.

With all the nerfs that the chargers are getting, can we maybe at least change the 0.40 per damage to 0.60 maybe?

^ Can we get this please? Also it would be nice to get points by doing chain charges, that would encourage players to do some chain charging.

With all the nerfs that the chargers are getting, can we maybe at least change the 0.40 per damage to 0.60 maybe?

No, there's already enough chain charges in the game already. There's no need to encourage players to do any more of that.

Besides, these chains weren't even intended to be in the game to begin with.

I always assumed that you got a point for chain charging because you are technically "charging" a survivor. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever paid close attention to chain charging points.  :unsure:   

I always assumed that you got a point for chain charging because you are technically "charging" a survivor. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever paid close attention to chain charging points.  :unsure:   

You do get a point for it, but it's not specifically labeled as a "Chain Charge". 

You do get a point for it, but it's not specifically labeled as a "Chain Charge". 

That's good to know.

Back to the topic at hand if people are still in the mood: There are plenty of other ways to "solve" the charger punch "problem". For one, the cost of melee weapons could be reduced. Another way would be to increase the cost of heals for the chargers. We can also entertain the idea of increasing the cost of upping charger spawn. For example, the charger spawns could cost a few points more. Furthermore, we can reduce the starting charger spawns to one and make the infected earn their punchy chargers. Of course, we would also need a "vote to kill" options just in case a newbie holds on to the only available charger. Really, the world is your oyster. 

That would be very unfortunate in finales like Parish, where upping chargers is a huge benefit and makes the map super fun. Maybe make it where chargers can't buy a heal (or cost more points might work.)

I still charger punch people because even though the points you get isn't great, it still causes a lot of damage. But I am finding myself not get charger punched hardly at all anymore.

Could we just drop enough melee weapons in spawn for everyone to grab one if they want one? I pretty much always go melee only now, I do miss my deagle.