Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

What happens if you get deathcharged out of bounds ie: in dead center then buy a revive?

Also for people like me who are really horrible and buy a full heal every 10 seconds how does revive help? it seems like one would heal before dying and wouldn't have any points if they are dead. It would be cool if we could pre-purchase a revive or like... put money down for it. So if you have 12 points you can put 2 points towards a revive...

idk maybe that doesnt make any sense

• 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni
(edited)

Updates:

-Give points! You can now give points to other players. Type "!sendpoints [amount]". It will also let the other player know that you have sent them points as well whether they are alive or dead. Survivors only

Fix:

-Achievements involving survivors killing infected have been fixed. Was broke upon adding the Longshot award due to my one of many oversights.

-Player position now detects if you're on the ground or not. This is used for the "Respawn on Corpse" option so if you get death charged, you don't respawn and immediately die again.

Edited by JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)

Update:

-New Achievement - TARGET PRACTICE - Get 10 longshot kills (doesn't matter if it's a headshot or not) on special infected.

-New Achievement - ROCK-ETEER - Hit 5 survivors with rocks as the Tank.

This brings the total number of achievements to 30. 15 for each side.

Server Update:

-Votescramble disabled during finales.

-!jointeam command only available to spectators.

Edited by JackieChan

• 1 month later...
GC Alumni

Updates:

-!buy Instructor Hint. Will appear in replacement with the chat box message.

-"!" commands are filtered and no longer appear in chat. Chat won't be as spammy now.

-Buying Infected Change-

-With this change, when you go to buy an infected, instead of it spawning, it increases the amount that can be spawned in by other players to a maximum of 5. To balance this, infected costs have been increased from 5 to 10 for all of them.

-Respawn position finder detects if you are incapacitated or not. If you are, it doesn't record your location.

-SendPoints is now controlled by a convar (l4d2_enable_sendpoints) and can be enabled or disabled by an admin.

-Boomer achievement fixed

-Laser Sight detection should be better

-Experience plugin doesn't rely on a timer anymore

-Maybe fixed campaign rotation plugin for Blood Harvest?

-When a Tank dies, it properly awards points to all survivors instead of it happening only when a Bot Tank dies.

-Longshot distance reduced

Edited by JackieChan

New:

Individual Round Stats

-Using !stats, you can check out your current stats for the round like SI killed, teammates revived, and all that fun stuff...even the number of bullets shot! Works for both Survivors and Infected.

-Disabled access to the buy menu when the round is over.

New:

Introducing NeedPoints!

With !needpoints, or !np, you enter in the number you are asking from your team and it will appear in chat for the rest of your team to see!

Example: !np 10

NeedPoints is controlled by the SendPoints cvar, so if SendPoints is disabled, so will NeedPoints.

Oh boy, I see that, I see what you did there....

GC Alumni

Updates:

-Can no longer buy a full heal when you're pinned and incapped. No more buying a full heal only for it to bite you in the butt and have to die faster.

-Respawn location now checks if you are pinned so you don't accidentally respawn in an unwanted location.

-Black and White bug finally squashed. What is does is that each time you are either black and white, or not, revived, or heal, it does a check to see if you are black and white or not. If it does, it makes you red. If not, it reverts it back to your normal color. The way it was before was completely sloppy...

-Added quick buy protection for infected heals since I forgot to.

Edited by JackieChan

Update:

-Reworked how team switching is involved. Server is going to be constantly on "teamversus" as to prevent people from pressing "m" to switch teams forcing players to use either !survivors or !infected.

-Team locking will still take place - handled by the team panel plugin now

-"!teams" brings up a panel showing everyone on what team. Only gc members/admins can switch teams using this menu.

-Using !infected or !survivors detects if the team you're switching to has 2 or more people than your current team, it won't allow you to switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing the Tank Spawn Queue system.

This new system should ensure you that the Tank you bought won't have gone to waste. Basically what it does is that once you buy a Tank, it gets added to a queue to get spawned. On a successful spawn, the queue goes down. On an unsuccessful spawn, the queue doesn't go down, but instead tries to spawn the Tank in again until it does get a successful spawn. Whenever someone buys a Tank, the plugin will announce how many Tanks there are in the queue waiting to get spawned in and every 3 seconds, it will check how many are in the queue and try to spawn in the next waiting Tank.

Well, how it works is that when a player buys a Tank, instead of it spawning, all they actually bought was a +1 to the Tank queue spot (which is always 0, so they would have increased it to 1).

Then, the queue system acts on a timer. If the number of Tanks in the queue is greater than 0, it tries to spawn in a Tank. For every failed attempt, it simply tries it again. On every 3rd failed attempt, the system tells the infected team that, "We're still trying to spawn in your team's Tank. Hopefully it will spawn soon."

On a successful Tank spawn, the queue number goes down by 1 until it reaches 0.

Where and when the Tank spawns in, however, is up to the director.

It also does not work 100% of the time. It does work I'd say 90% of the time, which is better than the 60% or so when we used to buy tanks and they just wouldn't show up. At least with this system they spawn more often than they used to, but on occasion like the other day, we had 3 in queue and none of them ever spawned in.

If this ever happens in the future, take note of when it happens. Map, first or second team, how many were in the queue, if the "we're trying to spawn your tanks in" message appears, etc. Give as much info as possible so I can see if I can figure out what's going on.

Updates:

-Death Charges now count for points. A death charge needs to be a certain height for it to count, so most death charge spots will award points.

-Whenever a Survivor dies or gets defibbed, it announces how many are currently alive.

I only tested these to the extent that death charges awarded points, and whenever a survivor dies, the count changes. Report any bugs here.

I've got a quick suggestion for the sendpoints module. It'd be nice to be able to send ALL your points to someone using * or something like that. I usually forget how many points I have, and when I'm dead I usually just send them off to someone who isn't, and it'd be nice to have a quick way to do that.

Also, is the source for this plugin available? Do you have it on github or anywhere? I'd love to take a look at it and maybe contribute somehow.

The Infection Is Spreading...

Boomers have a 1 in 100 chance of infecting a survivor. What that means is that when a survivor is infected, they instantly turn black and white, will appear the appropriate red character model color, and will die if they were to get incapped.

Update:

-Reworked how team switching is involved. Server is going to be constantly on "teamversus" as to prevent people from pressing "m" to switch teams forcing players to use either !survivors or !infected.

-Team locking will still take place - handled by the team panel plugin now

-"!teams" brings up a panel showing everyone on what team. Only gc members/admins can switch teams using this menu.

-Using !infected or !survivors detects if the team you're switching to has 2 or more people than your current team, it won't allow you to switch.

So thats why I see people people typing !teams all the time. I thought it was like a normal balance thing.

I'll have to give it a whirl.

Update:

-Plugin now announces who:

*Has opened the saferoom door at the start of the round

*Was the first person to leave the safe room

*Who is constantly opening and closing the safe room door at the end of the level

-The safe room door will no longer automatically open (triggering a round start) after a certain amount of time.