Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

(edited)

I'm thinking of changing it so you have to damage the tank to get points for when it dies.

I don't really like that idea, it's nice to get the 2 points you need to buy up when you're lying incapped after taking a car to the face ><

Mechanics that spread points out over the whole team instead of having them all go to the few 'good' people are a nice way to ease new players into the mod.

Edited by ctrlfrk

GC Alumni

I'm thinking of changing it so you have to damage the tank to get points for when it dies.

I don't really like that idea, it's nice to get the 2 points you need to buy up when you're lying incapped after taking a car to the face >

Mechanics that spread points out over the whole team instead of having them all go to the few 'good' people are a nice way to ease new players into the mod.

Well, you'd just have to "tag" the Tank to get the points.  Doesn't depend on damage or anything like that.

Hm....if you buy a witch and a survivor gets incapped or killed by her, would it be ok if you get the credit by earning the points yourself? Or would it be better if the whole team gets the credit by receiving the points as previously suggested?

• 1 month later...

Fix:

-Finally witnessed the bug regarding someone buying a Tank and not receiving it (happened to Lookback a couple days ago).  I'm wanting to say it had something to do with someone having their Tank in the queue, and then a Director Tank spawning in before that person has the chance to be selected for their Tank.  Tweaked the queue system a bit so hopefully it shouldn't happen again.  The queue system before relied on two things:  A bool controlling if someone bought a Tank or not, and a variable which controls how many Tanks are in a queue by just adding a +1 to the queue whenever someone buys it.  Now, instead of just simply adding a +1 to the queue, a function was created to now count the number of players who have bought a Tank (based off the bool mentioned earlier) and set the queue amount to that number plus any director Tanks that are found in the queue (which can be manipulated by someone using !skiptank or if a director Tank gets triggered and the Tank Limit has already been reached).

Yay, backstage work.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

-If you go AFK, switch teams, or crash (disconnect) from the server and it's your turn to be the Tank (or not), hopefully it'll auto-spawn a Tank instead of it just never appearing (this will happen last if there are other people in the Tank queue)

-New Achievement: WE WILL ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE - Hit 10 Survivors with rocks (yeah, I had to combine both songs)

-You will now receive points for inflicting fall damage upon Survivors to a maximum of 3 points.

-New Achievement: FALLING FROM GRACE - Inflict lethal fall damage to Survivors 3 times

(will add support for "Killing Survivor" point awards regarding fall damage in a future update)

• Like 4

Update:

-Causing fall damage should output text in cases where an Infected player inflicts damage not only on human Survivors, but bots as well

-Added support for Killing Survivor awards/achievements

-Fixed wrong text color when getting "FALLING FROM GRACE" achievement

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Remember this?!?! http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45413-johnnys-hall-of-fame-shame-fun-times-and-lolz/?p=558294

Oh Great and Powerful Jackie, I beseech thee.  Can you please bring back 1 spitter?

I think one spitter would be a good compromise and add a couple layers of gameplay and strategy for both teams at the elevator section.  Before it was super OP with 5 spitters and players never progressed past this part.