Archos 70 Android Tablet for sale

[LaW]Maverick

I am likely going to sell my Archos 70 Android tablet because I'm getting a fancier tablet as a gift (ASUS Transformer). The Archos 70 is pretty sweet though. I use it mostly for SNES/NES/PSX emulation and reading comics and eBooks. It's a good little device, and if you're looking for a cheap Android tablet, it's a good way to go. Anyway, if anyone is interested, I was thinking of selling it for $150. PM me! :)

(edited)

Cortex A8 processor. I'm running UrukDroid 1.0 on it right now, but it typically runs Froyo. There will be a Gingerbread update to it, but it doesn't have the cahones for Honeycomb.

The A8 is the same exact processor that is in the Galaxy Tab. The Galaxy tab has a slightly better GPU, but I get solid performance out of this thing (running emulators takes a lot of juice).

The screen is capacitive, and it has full HD HDMI out. The USB port can be used for standard peripherals if you buy a USB host cable for it (microSD). It has a kickstand, which just rocks. Also, it has support for more codecs than most any other protable device I've seen (I regularly watch mkv files on it, for example).

For detailed specs, go here: http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/specs.html?country=us&lang=en

It's pretty thin, and despite being inexpensive the build quality feels pretty solid to me. The kickstand is plastic and feels like it might be flimsy when you open it, but I use it all the time without trouble. My one real complaint about the device is the way they partition the internal 8GB of memory and the fact that they aren't up to an ext4 file system yet. That's why I'm using UrukDroid--it repartitions the application space on the 8GB internal memory so you have room for a crap-load more apps and uses ext4.

As a side note, to be 100% honest, installing UrukDroid does void the warranty, so this doesn't have one. However, there is a pretty awesome community of people for the 101 and 70 (both basically the same tablet with different size screens) here: http://forum.archosfans.com/

They also develop UrukDroid and some other stuff over at XDA. Let me know if you want to know anything else about it!

Edit: Cortex A8 = 1 ghz (I have mine clocked at 1.2, I think)

Edited by [LaW]Maverick