Counter Strike: Global Offensive

onyxdragoon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it angers me to no end that they do not seem intent at all on ever releasing/making (if they ever even started) Half Life 2: Episode Three, this could actually be really good. Especially this

He claims that Valve wish to fix mistakes made in previous versions of the game, although their main target audience aren't only the former competitive communities of 1.6 or Source. Instead, they would rather attract a new community that combines both Counter-Strike 1.6 and CS: Source communities, competitive and casual gamers a like. Valve have brought over several Europeans and American play-testers to help move development along.

makes the new Counter Strike sound promising. Now of course there's really no official information yet so this is all speculation, but that would be great if Valve really worked on bringing together the best parts of Source and 1.6.

Valve usually tends to focus on the PC version of their games. I just hope the registration doesn't suck like it does in CSS.

Two things I bet they will add:

1.) Aiming down sights.

2.) Some kind of level system.

Oh, I also hope they add hats just to tinkle off all the "pro" CS players. Because you know what? Who cares about them.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Yeeeeah... Mark my words, Valve is going to take a chapter out of Activision's book.

Perks, ADS, EXP system, Lobby Simulator v2.0, Lag, Awful hitboxes, and no teamwork orientated gameplay.

At least two of these are going to be true (excluding lag).

Also, knowing how Valve has the worst game testers in existence *cough* L4D1 and L4D2 *cough*, this will cater to no one but newbs. Plus with it being on consoles, you can say good bye to how CS plays and feels right now. The game is going to cater to console guys first before PC users because Valve wants to please everyone, yet anger the PC playerbase...plus get more money.

Edited by JackieChan

I hope there is no sight aiming. They want to keep true to 1.6 and source.

I just hope that they fix registration problems with AWP's. I'm sick of having my crosshairs on a guys head and it not registering when I shoot. Then I see some AWP hot shot randomly zoom in and fire, their cross hair is no where near the guy and they get a kill! It's ridiculous!

Not gonna say it looks awesome, but its definitely interesting. Liking the molotov cocktail!

Kinda wondering about the servers, with consoles involved, seems like they may keep its out of the loop and have their own servers...but time will tell.

Man i hope theres a way to make that crosshair smaller. Also it seemed like getting headshots werent as easy? Maybe the players just werent trying to that much in the vid.

Also noticed it seems they kept the exact same sound files from Source. Nothing new :( Still looks fun though.

Edited by samurai nightling

The video says that there will be a matchmaking (5v5) service for PC, MAC, 360 and PS3 but there will also be private servers for PC and MAC

I'm liking what I see so far. Now, if they will grant me my one wish...grenades that are effective.

We nerfed your grenades in the server config...I MEANT TO TELL YOU SOONER