Requesting Ban

KiraMama

Date. 8/13/2011. Time of Log being saved - 2:48pm East Coast (-5)

Would have asked an admin that was on, but it seems all i have on my list were gone at this one specific time. Anyway, Requesting a ban on player Nemesis(Doesn't have to be permanent-He really needs a thorough warning). Why? Too many reasons to list. I'll stick with the main fact that he has an unsportsmanlike attitude and is constantly trash talking players, whether they are on his team or not. I've added the text file log showing everything i had during this ONE game, from beginning till the post of this thread. Please take note that this isn't the first time. And you'll also see him arguing with someone else in the log earlier.

Anyway, main point. I join game. Nemesis doesn't like team, so he trash talks.

Player Kira-mama <STEAM_1:0:35382654> connected from country United States

xYoungxMoneyx : !buy

Player M&M's NICK _Ghaunter <STEAM_1:0:35710951> connected from country

Brazil

Join the Server's Steam Group on the MOTD screen for announcements and events!

M&M's NICK _Ghaunter was kicked due to spectator slots reservation.

Player M&M's NICK _Ghaunter <STEAM_1:0:35710951> has left the game

Captain America : !buy

Cake : i give you guys cake :D

*SPEC* Kira-mama : bh marathon? swear you guys were just playing this ;o

Vegita (DAMN Y ALL) : gg

To switch teams, type either !infected or !survivors in chat. If both don't

work, both teams are full.

Cake : hmm.. shouln'tb e a marathon

Nemesis : teamswitchers whores LOL

Case and point. Mind you, he stacks teams like nobody's business and switches as soon as his team starts losing, if possible. Assuming logs are kept, just check for games this week with the score and players. Which brings me to my next point. Between a map change, there seems to have been a votescramble that took place. so as soon as the load was completed, teams got switched.

Nemesis : start jumping teamswitchers

Nemesis : u in the wrong tea,

Nemesis : m

[GC-EXP] Feenix has reached level 3!

Dean Winchester[TW] : who?

[GC] Pounced Survivor + 8 points

Please read the MOTD for server rules and guidelines.

[GC] Incapped Survivor + 3 points

You were killed by xYoungxMoneyx

(Infected) Feenix : !points

Player .obZen. <STEAM_1:1:24016251> connected from country United States

Kira-mama : can't switch cause of all the votescrambling going on.

kitty : !hat ele

.obZen. was kicked due to spectator slots reservation.

Player .obZen. <STEAM_1:1:24016251> has left the game

[GC-EXP] xYoungxMoneyx has reached level 6!

Kira-mama : love how the ones who always stack teams are the first to vote

Nemesis : kk u are well know teamswitch whore

Play CSS? Join us at retro.gcftw.com

Player Fat Boy[Norio] <STEAM_1:1:22282771> connected from country Russian

Federation

(Infected) Feenix : !points

Fat Boy[Norio] was kicked due to spectator slots reservation.

Player Fat Boy[Norio] <STEAM_1:1:22282771> has left the game

(Infected) Feenix : !buy

Kira-mama : think you're the resident team switcher, nemesis. this is a known fact.

Nemesis : lol u such a liar POS

[GC] Incapped Survivor + 3 points

KennyB : !buy

Kira-mama : of course. i always lie.

Bacon Cheeseburger Apocalypse : !buy

Stick together! Rushing and abandoning people may result in a kick/temporary ban.

Nemesis : all raggots do

Now again, there should be server logs. If you look, you'll see i've lost 90% of the games this week. I unfortunately go down with the team. better yet, look at my versus stats. all of them cept about 5 games are this server. more losses than wins. and those are just games I actually completed. Pretty sure i left on finale on a bunch this week and in the past.

Back to the point. I, and I'm sure others do not appreciate this type of attitude when playing on the server. The log file I added has him saying a a bunch more to other people. I'm sure the voice chat logs(if there are any) have a lot more. Either way, this is a constant issue with this player, and a huge turn off when playing on the server.

And. FOR THE RECORD. just to prove my comments.

Captain America : !buy

Nemesis : !votescramble

[GC] Killing Spree + 2 points

kodybay : !points

MaestroPianoGenius has earned the achievement GOT YOUR BACK

Leave the racism and ignorant behavior at the door please.

(Survivor) MaestroPianoGenius : !buy

[GC] Killed Special Infected + 1 points

(Survivor) MaestroPianoGenius : !buy

Dean Winchester[TW] : !buy

Kieta : rah rah

Player MajorDick <STEAM_1:1:4748346> has left the game

Kieta : like a laggin dragon

(Survivor) 八歧大蛇遠呂志 : nice

Kieta : rah rah

[JBTP] Cake <3s PASTA has been moved to the Infected team.

Kieta : like a laggin dragon

Nemesis : shut up u kieat teamstitecher

My comment about the vote-scrambling was completely warranted. He's first to scramble when losing, last to do anything when stomping the other team. Trigger was done multiple times mind you. And you can see just from these little bits his attitude when playing. FYI. Teams were close up till the raggot comment(score wise the gap wasn't bad-just check). Became a bit unbalanced on the round of the vote-scramble that went through. His were before the raggot comment. Point gap jumped because one team completed the round and the other got annihilated on the stairs. Thus everything up to that point is fair game.

Like i mentioned. Posting cause this happens a lot. Just tired of it.

Log file- Log.2-48pm Eastern time. GC server.txt

Edited by KiraMama

Yeah sad I wasn't on for this. I'm taking a stronger stance against people, especially regulars who know the rules and start acting like this. Minimum 24 hr ban from now on for me, sometimes a perm and they can ask forgiveness here if they really want.

I agree. Would be nice to give admins log access via ftp so we can check suff like this out without needing to bother jackie

I see him now, but I want to make sure its the right guy, there are two regulars that use that name. Kira sent me his Steam ID but it didnt copy, so Ill wait until I get it and Im going to permaban him. Hes been kicked and warned a few times in the past, so I think hes about done now if he hasnt learned to get along and be nice in our server.

Yeah sad I wasn't on for this. I'm taking a stronger stance against people, especially regulars who know the rules and start acting like this. Minimum 24 hr ban from now on for me, sometimes a perm and they can ask forgiveness here if they really want.

I agree. Would be nice to give admins log access via ftp so we can check suff like this out without needing to bother jackie

Admins do have FTP access

Admins do have FTP access

I know I've been admin for a while and prolly should know this, but how do we pull logs for things that have happened? I mean i have access to the NFO site for the server, but it's not there is it?

(edited)

Ya ive seen this guy rage quite often. I first saw him join was under the name Venom with some fancy letters and Nemesis somehow ticked him off so after Venom was kicked he came back as another Nemesis. I like to play with the real Nemesis, hes pretty kewl but Venom is just horrible.

Edited by Badguy

Its there. If you're looking in there using a ftp client, go to left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/logs/cmdxxxx.log

The "xxxx" are the days for each log. Instead of tracking everything in the logs, those cmd ones only show player actions.

Don't quite understand, but I've also never used an FTP client. I just downloaded firefoxes free add on. Now where do i look and put that line in?

lol ok im all confused. I'll need a beginners course in FTP in order to even grasp this.

Edited by samurai nightling

FTP access is restricted to a small number of admins who configure the servers. There are a lot of problems that can be caused by someone if they don't know how the server is set up. Downloading logs of course is harmless, but there are not options to give someone partial or restricted access to the FTP for a gameserver.

I'm not even sure I've been given this ability. As i do not see anywhere on the NFO site that i would access it. And when i read their FAQ on FTP, i saw this,

"Your FTP information can be found in the File Manager tab of your control panel towards the bottom of the page."

Which i do not have anything toward the bottom of the page. Unless I'm really just dumb and I really don't get FTP at all.

Thanks Kira, I agree that Nemesis needs a warning. I was on at the time when this occured, which is usually the time when no admins are on (hint hint JACKIE), but anyways, I had told him to calm down and stop with the name calling. He kept calling one of the other players bad names and just wouldn't let it go. He finally said ok ok, just kidding but it was too late already. Yeah, i get frustrated too, but no need to take it out on other players.

Oh hint hint yourselves. Notice I haven't been online in several days? There's a reason for that and its put me in a real crappy mood.

Yeah i noticed. Figured you were helping your brother move or the comp crapped out or something. I'll also be gone starting tomorrow until Monday next week. Brother in law getting married in Virginia and making a short vacation out of it.