Torchlight 2 Gamescom

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Recap

• Set to release around October ~ November
  • Is going to be $19.99 USD
  • 4 Classes: Engineer, Outlander, Berserker, and Embermage
  • Lan Multiplayer, Internet Multiplayer and Single Player [With the option of being Online OR Offline]
  • Can have up to 6~8 Players in a single match [No set number on how many can play in one game]
  • Development and Modding Tools
  • Random Generated Dungeons AND Overworld
  • Random Generated Events and Side-Quest
  • Items have an "-Or-" requirement, so you can go for either the Level Requirement or the Stat Requirement
  • No seeing other players Loot
  • Sets are easier to obtain compared to the first game
  • Traveling to far from friends or other people will decrease the levels of monsters
  • UI Change for Release Copy, from sleeker hotkey bar to seeing where your 'friends' are in the map
  • Day and Night Cycle [it's Cosmetic]

Edited by ValenAlvern

Looks better than the first one but still pretty cartoonish (wow-ish even...). I'll probably wait like before for it to drop to $5 to $10 before getting it.

DIII is still a day of release get for me.

Probably a good idea. If it's being released Oct/Nov., Steam's 2011 Winter Sale will knock Torchlight 2's price down at least 33-50% off. I think the first Torchlight dropped 75% during the 2009 Winter Sale after it was released Oct. 2009, so it hit the $5 mark pretty fast. It may not drop that quick for Torchlight 2 since Runic has some name recognition now, but it'll still go down.

Diablo 3, on the other hand, probably won't go lower than $40 (assuming a retailer does the whole "$60-50 with $10 voucher for next purchase" type deal) months after release if Starcraft 2 is any indication.

Looks better than the first one but still pretty cartoonish (wow-ish even...). I'll probably wait like before for it to drop to $5 to $10 before getting it.

DIII is still a day of release get for me.

Probably a good idea. If it's being released Oct/Nov., Steam's 2011 Winter Sale will knock Torchlight 2's price down at least 33-50% off. I think the first Torchlight dropped 75% during the 2009 Winter Sale after it was released Oct. 2009, so it hit the $5 mark pretty fast. It may not drop that quick for Torchlight 2 since Runic has some name recognition now, but it'll still go down.

Diablo 3, on the other hand, probably won't go lower than $40 (assuming a retailer does the whole "$60-50 with $10 voucher for next purchase" type deal) months after release if Starcraft 2 is any indication.

Do they announced it WILL be $19.99 USD and so I've added that to the list, with that they also announced the final class which I also added to the list, also added "Sets are easier to obtain compared to the first game", which I forgot to add. In the first one it was either impossible or near impossible to have a full set.

Also the guy FINALLY added the 3rd part. so I've added that.

(Which I'm watching as I type)

I dont not see the low poly characters and environment as "WoW" art style, I see it more like comic book art style (I even call WoW art style that), but WoW has bulkyness since it was released later, and this guys have a more slenderness to their stuff.