If I wanted to play this

Lunk

Do I just need to purchase Left 4 Dead? Or do I need to purchase Left 4 Dead 2? Or both?

Also, just wondering how many in the GC community are really playing it? Don't want to buy it if there isn't quite a few of y'all playing it.

You would just need Left 4 Dead 2.

Out of the GC people who play it that I think you would recognize, probably just Nightling and myself (Nightling only plays it at late night though). Not sure who else plays it that played in retro.

There are quite a few regulars in the l4d2 server though that I'm sure wouldn't have any problems getting to know you though. There is the occasional e-thug in there, but nothing a simple kick wouldn't fix.

You would just need Left 4 Dead 2.

Out of the GC people who play it that I think you would recognize, probably just Nightling and myself (Nightling only plays it at late night though). Not sure who else plays it that played in retro.

There are quite a few regulars in the l4d2 server though that I'm sure wouldn't have any problems getting to know you though. There is the occasional e-thug in there, but nothing a simple kick wouldn't fix.

Lunk fixes e-thugs

GC Alumni

Thing is though, Valve made L4D/L4D2 10 times harder to admin because they centered it around it being 4v4, not 10v10. You can't tell who is talking when unless you're specifically spectating them or they type in chat so people who want to act like a jerk have free reign until an admin pinpoints who it is. There is no indicator on who is talking like CSS or TF2 has either, just a tiny speech bubble above their head.

Edited by JackieChan

Yeah, and JC did clarify that you might only recognize a few GC but as far as GC members playing that server has brought in a TON of new contributing members.

You might not recognize the names (and it would be nice if the new joins would be more up in the forums) but they are GC nevertheless.

Go watch season 1 of the Walking Dead first then play this game. You will appreciate it more.

:o Just watched ep 1... wow

and, only 6 eps??

Never played L4D, but I watched all of season 1 or walking dead when it aired, and it was awesome.

My biggest hope for season 2?

They have the balls to kill off that little weenie Shane. God, II want to punch that man in the testicles and handcuff HIM to a roof.

Go watch season 1 of the Walking Dead first then play this game. You will appreciate it more.

:o Just watched ep 1... wow

and, only 6 eps??

It was a trial season of such a show; never done on tv before. Very expensive to produce. Season 2 starts next month and is at least double the episodes.

WIth that said, I am not a big fan of the 20-player L4D2 servers. I am trying to like it but I find it boring.

Just finished watching the complete series 1 - not sure if i'll bother with 2. No better than a sy-fy channel production, with a convoluted script full of plot holes, the producers at AMC should have played L4D/2 to get a better idea of character development. Zombie make-up not bad for a TV production.