Deus Ex: Human Revolution

boiler

This an OUTRAGE! A TRAVESTY, I say. How is it possible no one in GC has even breathed a word about this game since it was released??

I picked it up on Monday and have put in about 5 hours, and am totally hooked. I never played either of the original two, so I had zero expectations other than the good reviews it has received. The story is only just starting to unfold, and I like where it is going. The exploration has been great, and it's awesome that every time I think "there's gotta be a better way to sneak past all these guards", i find a route that can be reached by stacking some boxes, or a vent hidden in a corner, or a door i can hack to sneak around past the baddies.

To this point, my only complaint has been the somewhat robotic character models and lip syncing. Jensen's voice is also a little too "always-gravely".

Come on people, turn off the old, tired BOOM HEADSHOTZ!!! games and play this. It deserves it.

Edited by boiler

its bioshock with a different theme/wrapper

good stuff

wow, bioshock? I'm not seeing that from my playthrough, but then again i've put in about 6 hours now and only killed about 6 baddies. I think the MGS analogy fits the way I'm playing this game right now. LOTS of sneaking around and hacking, mostly non-lethal close quarters take downs when the situation demands it. That said, I have a really tricked out 10mm pistol that is sweeeeeeeeet! :D

its bioshock with a different theme/wrapper

good stuff

wow, bioshock? I'm not seeing that from my playthrough, but then again i've put in about 6 hours now and only killed about 6 baddies. I think the MGS analogy fits the way I'm playing this game right now. LOTS of sneaking around and hacking, mostly non-lethal close quarters take downs when the situation demands it. That said, I have a really tricked out 10mm pistol that is sweeeeeeeeet! :D

Seems like the two of us are playing the game the same way then. Sneaking around is the most fun part. I also tricked out my 10mm rather than any other gun in the game :)

• 1 year later...

I've played through this game and loved it. I was looking through my screenshots and found this one. ROFL. Who are these people? Did they volunteer to have their faces added to the ending scene in the game or do they not even know it? Looks like it was taken in the 1970s. So in the future, will our faces be in some uber duber virtual reality game without our knowing? haha!

I think about these things. 0_0

dxhr2012-06-2811-29-06-13_zpse12be02e.png

• Like 1