GC Fall 2011 Membership Drive - LAST CHANCE!

Flitterkill

gcfalldrive2011.jpg

1) I'll read your blither later Fk, what's the prize load out?

ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Logitech G510 Gaming keyboard. Multi-color backlit keys, make a billion and one macros, lcd center display, etc. Swanky. Grand Poo Bah also gets a mouse pad and a pc vidjah game...

TWO NOT QUITE AS GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: A pc vidjah game and a fancy mouse pad. Each.

ONE MYSTERY BOX WINNER: They can have a mouse pad too. The contents of the box? Good question...

2) Let's see this stuff before you start yapping about other stuff.

Well the flyer shows them in small form. Click through the following for embiggened informations.

Logitech G510

SteelSeries QcK Diablo III Barbarian Mouse Pad

Bioshock 2 (PC; Boiler approved)

3) Sweet. This seems more than before...

Well, maybe a touch. We've been doing well these past six months. A touch more swag for members was not out of order.

4) Rules?

The usual.

- Open to all the people who haven't paid in forever and new joins of course.

- If you HAVE paid between APRIL 4TH(ish) and AUGUST 31ST you are already entered and good to go. Best of luck, etc...

- If you would like a chance at this sweet swag but paid up during the Spring Membership Drive kick in $5 for a chance at the madness.

- No you cannot buy admin for $30 unless your application was already approved before. Nice try.

- October 2nd or 3rd we'll close it and roll for the winners.

- Winners MUST give us a photo of their new swag when they get it. Let us all bask in your new found gaming wealth. Especially the mystery box winner...

5) Warnings?

Well the mystery box ain't gonna kill anyone. But yeah. All those folks who have reserves or admin powers and haven't paid in forever. We've let it slide while we got this membership drive thing going. Slide no more. Early October we are nuking reserves and admin powers and bumping people back to regular forum membership if they ain't in good standing (i.e. paid up). Last call and all that...

6) And what do we get again with GC Membership?

Reserves across all GC servers. Other stuff. Check out the GC Basics forum.

7) Any last words? I wanna read another thread now.

Yeah, might as well throw a short community update out.

At the moment we have TWO VPS gaming servers in Chicago. CSS Retro is now on the Linux one. L4D2 is on the Windows one.

We have TWO DEDICATED gaming servers in Washington DC. Legacy UT2K4 ONS on one, the rambunctious Minecraft on the other.

If that sounds like a lot of hardware for very few games congratulations! Your hearing and perception are quite good. We obviously have the space. Just saying...

Welcome again all our new joins from CSS and L4D2 these last six months. I encourage you to drop in the forums now and then; the more you use them the better they get.

In that vein a new version of forum software has been released. There will be substantial changes to the forum structure once we get rolling with it (end of the month perhaps?).

A metric poop-ton of PC gaming delight is dropping in the next few months. Should be mucho fun for all (and brutal on the wallet; doubly so for those who have to upgrade der boxens)

As always a hearty thankee to the TypeFrag/GameComm entity that continues to support us so well. Those DC servers are from them; along with the Vent of course.

Remember that there aren't many GC-like communities out there. Free from the erosional blither of 12 (13, 14, ...21, 22...) year olds with new vocabulary. Supportive, hard playing, but ultimately fun servers.

Let's keep keepin on then shall we?

-Fk

So I already have a G510 (awesome keyboard, btw) and Bioshock 2 (hence the "boiler approved" reference). And here I was all ready to send in dues to become official again... :spin2:

... Ok, I do kinda want a better mousepad, even if it's for a game that I have never played (prequels included) ever.

Woo Hoo!! Hope I win the keyboard... many have heard me complain about my horrible Razer keyboard. On a side note if someone else wins the keyboard I have a very nice, quality, super-pro, mildly used Razer keyboard I am willing to trade you for the Logitech. If you are considering trading please disregard all previous negative Razer keyboard statements. ;)

Also- Please do not give the keyboard to Jackie, we all know how he breaks his computer and is down for extended amounts of time, therefore he will not be able to properly enjoy the keyboard's awesomeness. Nothing personal Jackie :P

Edited by Madvillain

• 3 weeks later...