Warning DiRT 3

ValenAlvern

Just a word of warning. The idiots at Codemasters and AMD made it easy to get this game.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/games/Pages/dirt-3.aspx

In a sort of Promo for the game and AMD cards, upon I believe getting a new AMD card you'd get a promo serial key to get the game for free. They made this in worse coding then PSN. I can see some major backlash coming from this and even getting the promo pulled with anyone using the keys getting checked (Mandatory Steam check/receipt check?). On both sites I have yet to see a "Use the AMD code to redeem your free copy", I assume it has since been pulled or further been looked in to.

Watch out if someone gifted it to you.

EDIT September 09,2011:

Well it looks like after a few days of posting this they are no longer accepting codes to redeem the game.

http://amd4u.com/dirt3promo/

"Thank you for choosing AMD.

Dirt3 Promo Site is temporarily shutdown.

The site will be up and running as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience."

Funny it also says "Defend whats yours" in the corner there.

Edited by ValenAlvern

I love this game on the PS3.

No rules broken that I know of. Its all good! :)

Its a shame too, it looks like a good game too. Some reports say they lost 3.Million coupon codes to somebody leaking them and some further say it was done as an inside job. Either way it was not tightly looked at and they got hacked and who knows how many codes were legit or used to get the game for free without buying a AMD card.