russhhhh

Fairweather

My roommate and I were looking over videos from when we saw rush in Hamilton earlier on this year, I must say I am still blown away at how great of a performance the band puts on after about 40 years of playing, geddy lee can still hit every single note, neil peart can still demolish a drum kit, alex lifeson can still shred a guitar, and the performance itself sounds like it came right off of the album. I highly recommend if you ever get the chance to go see them play (im not sure how big they are in the states).

Unfortunately my taste in music came about 20 years before I was borne so most of my favorite bands I will never see play, or never play "well" at least (led zeppelin, the doors, the beatles, rolling stones ect.) so it really was a great opportunity to listen to some rock legends doing what they love to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGVDWc_5Q8

(obviously not my video lol)

Check out the R30 DVD if you have a chance.They still refere to Neal Pert as "the new guy" lol. Geddy Lee affectionately calls Alex Lifeson "Lurch" ala The Addams Family.

Also... RANT ON...RUSH is still not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame! IMO Rolling Stone has no validity any longer since "bands" such as The Beastie Boys have been nominated this go 'round.:freak3:

It is probably since it is fairly evident from their lyrics that they occasionally (gasp) read a book now and then.One of the most over-used adjectives used by critics is "pretentious"; pronounced.... I don't get it?

RANT OFF.....

Edited by Zwitterion

Check out the R30 DVD if you have a chance.They still refere to Neal Pert as "the new guy" lol. Geddy Lee affectionately calls Alex Lifeson "Lurch" ala The Addams Family.

Also... RANT ON...RUSH is still not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame! IMO Rolling Stone has no validity any longer since "bands" such as The Beastie Boys have been nominated this go 'round.:freak3:

It is probably since it is fairly evident from their lyrics that they occasionally (gasp) read a book now and then.One of the most over-used adjectives used by critics is "pretentious"; pronounced.... I don't get it?

RANT OFF.....

agreed, I loved the documentary and it is a shame they are not in the hall of fame, i still don't quite get why they aren't

along the same lines the doors documentary was well done (i think so anyway), if you haven't checked it out i recommend it

• 2 weeks later...