You have been kicked for excessive ping

cookie

Is there anyway to change this? I used to only have 1 or 2 warnings during the entire game but these days I'm getting 10 warnings and kicked within 15-20 minutes of joining. It gets pretty frustrating when I've stocked up on points only to get kicked and lose them all :(

cl_cmdrate +100 does not work either, I only get kicked faster XD

Well, the server is set to kick at a 300 ping. Sadly, if you ping higher than this, its prolly gonna kick you. Anything above 300 for an extended period of time just brings down the server for everyone. Unfortunately, this means not everyone in the world is going to be able to play on the server, but to keep it still enjoyable for the majority, its a small sacrifice i think.

Where do you live and what kind of internet do you have? I mean even kangawallafox pings under 300 and hes from Australia. At least his accent is, maybe he doesn't live there lol. I do know for a fact Maestropianogenius lives in the UK and he still pings fine.

Well I am playing from Hong Kong at the moment, the ping is generally decent when the server is not packed, it ranges from 200-280 from time to time. Argh, would membership prevent the server from kicking me off?

Mookie would know if a reserve overrides the ping kick. We had the same thing in effect for the UT2K4 server years ago it sometimes caught out regulars on bad connection nights. DeanWinchester is playing from Taiwan? Singapore? I forget which; he has a reserve - could ask him if he's been ping-kicked.

We don't live together!!

Secondly,

Our internet on campus is the best internet i've ever used in my life.

And it's a recent issue because this didn't happen before. Maybe something degraded between the internet between Asia and USA.

Anyway, all I wanted to know was what Jackie Chan said.

Edited by MashtaJurioz