Batman: Arkham City

boiler

So I've already read the reviews, and I played and loved Arkham Asylum. I was planning on waiting on this game though due to the fact I'm picking up roughly 3 games in a one month span, then getting Batman when it's on sale sometime early-ish next year.

Now I check steam, and see it's 20% off if I own AA on steam and pre-order the PC version of AC.

Meaning I could get City for $39.99.

Damn you, steam.

Anyone else have Arkham City on a console? As awesome as it looks? I was planning on going console, but if I could get it for $40 NOW instead of waiting until next year, it's awfully tempting.

I have AA on my PS3 and I was too busy playing to look for the subtle differences. I don't really care about the DirectX differences like paper and steaming pipes.

Starting Sunday Target has a buy 2 get 1 free deal on video games, till Saturday. So, you could get 3 $60 games for $40 each.

I wasn't really looking for a console vs. PC graphics comparison, just a confirmation that the game itself is awesome. The only reason I would get it for PC would be to get it for $40 in two weeks, instead of waiting until next year for the price to drop.

Have it on the 360, I'm in the same state though.... Forza 4, Battlefield 3, Skyrim etc. etc. etc. and have no idea how, short of sending my wife and kids away for an extended period and quiting work going to play them all........... could they not spread them out better.

I will say that it is as good as AA and feels very similar, don't regret the purchase at all, in fact, it'll be one of those games that needs at least 2 playthroughs to see and do everything.... They took everything that was so great in AA and improved on it where they could.

Thanks, I'm convinced to pick it up, but the more I think about it, the more I think I should wait a bit on it. (and to clarify: I own AA, loved it, was considering picking up AC)

With Uncharted 3, MW3, Assassin's Creed and possibly Skyrim all coming out within weeks of each other, I know I won't have time anywhere in the near future to play batman.

I'm glad so many awesome looking games are coming out soon, I just hate that they're all hitting at the same time! Where were they this summer when I really needed them??