Clear 4G Mobile

yErMoTH3r

What exactly is the back end for something like that? Are they using just satellite or a satellite/radio antenna system? I'm presuming the latter because there is no way a purely satellite link could get that fast up/downs.

Edited by P4N1K

Just got the usb dongle - still testing

billed as no speed cap down / 1.5Mbps up unlimited data usage

1789Kb down 317Kb up 67ms to CHI from where I'm sitting at the moment...win7

$50/mo

fwiw, current sprint card $60/mo

With 67ms it sounds like you could game on it. Have you tried it out in game yet?

ime, you can't game on it. i had clear for travel, but i tried to use it as an at-home replacement to hsi cable. wasn't reliable enough for that, but great for travel.

ime u r a db

how's tx? let me know when you're back in chi

Oh she's being a pain to get working under linux...I'm using fedora16 and kernel 3.1

got the developers pack (haha from sprint) and got the kernel module running a-ok (lights and everything on the usb device)

...but i cant see any towers...so i cant connect - who knows what auth issues ill run across down this road of discovery

grrr - about as bad as getting the sprint card working many years ago, but i accomplished that...still grrr and my eeepc is getting bored

• 2 years later...