Another Buy Plugin Idea

JackieChan

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thought of this. This idea is in form of more achievements. This is what I call...

Efficiency Achievements

Dun dun dun...

What is it you may ask? Well, look at one of the definitions for the word:

accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort

Get an idea of what I have going?

If yes, keep that idea in your head and see if it matches with my idea.

If no...well...don't keep any ideas in your head and just read on.

Okay. Here is an example:

The infected team gets off a good attack and kills like 3 survivors in a short amount of time, but the team doesn't get anything out of it.

But...what if they did?

Huh? Get the idea now? My idea is "As a team, do x in y and get a team-based achievement". If something like this is accomplished, the entire team gets the achievement as well as points so not only can you get achievements on an individual basis, but also apart of a team as a whole.

I figured, this would encourage a bigger emphasis on teamwork, and the team gets rewarded as such. 10 people working as one is the best way to take out the other team, or to steamroll through the map.

Now, given my slightly better understanding at coding for sourcepawn, I feel fairly confident that I can pull this off without too much trouble. Heck, I wrote the Tank queue system and the Tank limits (something I struggled on in the past) myself and both work great and I haven't seen any bugs with it yet, so this shouldn't pose any problems.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Just thought of this. This idea is in form of more achievements. This is what I call...

Efficiency Achievements

Dun dun dun...

What is it you may ask? Well, look at one of the definitions for the word:

accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort

Get an idea of what I have going?

If yes, keep that idea in your head and see if it matches with my idea.

If no...well...don't keep any ideas in your head and just read on.

Okay. Here is an example:

The infected team gets off a good attack and kills like 3 survivors in a short amount of time, but the team doesn't get anything out of it.

But...what if they did?

Huh? Get the idea now? My idea is "As a team, do x in y and get a team-based achievement". If something like this is accomplished, the entire team gets the achievement as well as points so not only can you get achievements on an individual basis, but also apart of a team as a whole.

I figured, this would encourage a bigger emphasis on teamwork, and the team gets rewarded as such. 10 people working as one is the best way to take out the other team, or to steamroll through the map.

Now, given my slightly better understanding at coding for sourcepawn, I feel fairly confident that I can pull this off without too much trouble. Heck, I wrote the Tank queue system and the Tank limits (something I struggled on in the past) myself and both work great and I haven't seen any bugs with it yet, so this shouldn't pose any problems.

What do you guys think?

I like it, it sounds like a good idea

I like the idea, in the end its just more achievements with bonus points, and the likelihood of them happening because it requires real team effort, is slim anyways. I say go for it, but do NOT make them things that could be easily accomplished without really good teamwork. I feel achievements such as these should be able to only be acquired a couple times per night even because they are difficult.

I have to agree that it's a good incentive for teamwork. But if players really are working as a team, I'd have to wonder whether they even need team achievements to achieve sweet victory.

I think the only real problem is determining just how much a team achievement benefits a team.

Edited by TNGHuntard

Hmmm... on the fence... I like the idea but do we want to make the server more complex? I know this idea doesn't change much, and I love the idea that team work would be used, but it feels like simplicity is what got us here.

In total agreement with you Mad. I joined this server because of that reason - not that is was any simpler to play, but without sendpoints/respawn, the team had to work together more to keep everyone alive. Too many cooks......?

Just hope that we don't get the hordes of Jimmy Gibbs et al.

I'm also thinking of inflating/readjusting the prices for items again and even for award points...plus, along with the respawn limits, they might be thrown to 1, or something, and teammates would have to buy limit increases...or just making the number to 2 and leaving it like that. One of the reasons I like respawns is that a teammate can die not because of a good attack, but because of something stupid that happened in result of their death.

Also for the readjusting the prices, I was thinking of increasing first aid kits to 10, and decreasing the "healing teammate" to 4. There are a lot of breaks in a round where a team can just kit heal their entire team because the other team is all waiting to respawn.

One of the main reasons I want to add stuff here and there is that I want to keep the knowledge I have of coding sourcepawn still in my head and not forget any of it because I don't code on a normal basis.

• 2 weeks later...

well...i guess it would prolly generate more teamwork. but i think i think we know why its call left 4 dead :P it's nice to see new players rushing sometimes :) makes the game that much fun and entertaining. But if you ask me, I really don't care much i'd still play either way as long as it's still balance.

well...i guess it would prolly generate more teamwork. but i think i think we know why its call left 4 dead :P it's nice to see new players rushing sometimes :) makes the game that much fun and entertaining. But if you ask me, I really don't care much i'd still play either way as long as it's still balance.

Not really since this isn't supposed to be happening unless it's justified...

I'm also thinking of inflating/readjusting the prices for items again and even for award points...plus, along with the respawn limits, they might be thrown to 1, or something, and teammates would have to buy limit increases...or just making the number to 2 and leaving it like that. One of the reasons I like respawns is that a teammate can die not because of a good attack, but because of something stupid that happened in result of their death.

Also for the readjusting the prices, I was thinking of increasing first aid kits to 10, and decreasing the "healing teammate" to 4. There are a lot of breaks in a round where a team can just kit heal their entire team because the other team is all waiting to respawn.

One of the main reasons I want to add stuff here and there is that I want to keep the knowledge I have of coding sourcepawn still in my head and not forget any of it because I don't code on a normal basis.

A thought on kit tweaks. If we raise first aid kits to 10 and lessen the reward for healing others to 4, this makes 15 point full heals a better option since you get bonus health(100+total heath). It seems it would devolve teamwork to everyman for himself. Also healing a teammate with a kit creates an attack opportunity for the infected, which is great. If your concerned about overfarming with kits just decrease it to 3 and leave the buy price alone? If the purpose is to have more maps end with survivor deaths increasing the full heal cost might be best.

See this is what happens when the server is at 22/22 you start reading the forum.............

• 9 months later...

What about "at least 3 players from the team make a joke at Malo's expense within 2 minutes"? (this one can be claimed up to 4x per round)

Or "Team makes sure Aarkovi doesn't die". Both of these are worth 50 points to everyone in the team.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that Malo and I live about 10 minutes away from each other.

Edited by Aarkovi

I wouldn't mind having extra points for team effort. I like to be spitter and spit the survivor as a charger pounds him/her to the ground, but I never get a lot of points for it. I don't think spitters get enough points honestly...I'll be looking at the screen getting xnumber multiplier and I'll check my points and get like...a whopping 3. So team points would encourage me to be more of a team member instead of trying to go rogue. The problem I potentially see is that it will encourage more team stability...but I think it would encourage too many people on the infected to stay together and do things all at once. Then once all the infected get killed, the survivors have like...10 or so seconds to jump around like bunny rabbits, race towards the safehouse, and heal members. If you are gonna add points for teaming up, that amount of time for...say...a spitter to respawn and spit on a survivor after it's been charged...needs to be a good enough amount to where it allows the infected to attack at inconsistent times to keep the element of surprise rather than everyone dying at the same time just to get extra team points. Otherwise, everyone will team up at the same time, die at the same time, and then you're left with a jockey or so out of the bunch trying to get a survivor that's guarded by 5 other survivors with machine guns.

How about some infected combination points/achievements? Like charging into spit, spitting on a hunter, booming a smoked victim, jockeying a smoked, chain charging including off smokers/jockeys/other chargers and many other combinations that I know i've left out because there's many possibilities for team work as infected.

Personally, I know it's greedy, but I try to horde as many points as possible. So unless it's an obvious choke point or teamwork is working really great, I just kinda do my own thang.

i.e. parish map 2, that park area with the maze. EVEN if successful chain charges are going off, I just boom because I feel like I earn more points doing that. (that and i suck as charger) if there were incentive, extra points, to chain charge, I'd be far more inclined to try it out. Also, people wouldn't complain when they get their "kill stolen" especially if it's combination play and there's a combinatorial achievement that both parties get.

As for survivor teamwork incentives.... ionno, there's already the incentive of actually killing the infected. how much more teamwork can you even force? whenever there's "lack of teamwork" its either bad players, or poor tactics.

O. One good achievement that I can think of is very specific: Losing your untouchable and within 5 seconds killing an infected attacking another survivor. It's frustrating when survivors chill in the saferoom and there's spit and nobody's running out to save the jockeyed survivor since they want to maintain their untouchable. Or if it's not an achievement, make it a reprieve or something where they get their untouchable back.

Points for a charger's target taking spit damage while still pinned would be kind of cool--If it's possible.

Possible. Simple. Interesting. However, would this overbalance the point distribution?