:(

iNfO

Sooo, think I'm done with this server for a while. Used to have fun playing but it seems that bullying and singling people out is the name of the game now. I've really enjoyed most of my playing time on here. Learned a lot and find a competitive, team-based atmosphere fun.

I'm absolutely no pro and I'll never claim to be, I make a lot of mistakes and am learning everyday. We all have our good days and bad days but I've never had someone specifically put me down, over and over, every single time I'm on as much as I have lately. Not everyone is as good as the "top ranked" players all the time and it takes an entire team to lose a match, (including the shining stars!!) someone has to be number 2 in order for them to be number 1.

Takes all the fun out of it when there are constant votekicks and namecalling. Its stressful and makes you want to leave when you're under constant threat of being singled out of the entire team. It's not so hard to coach a little bit instead of purposely putting people down and the outcome is usually better anyways. Maybe I won't be such a loss, but just thought I'd vent some before I sadly take a LOA. Here's hoping the server is a little more fun like it used to be, in the future... :sad:

Sad to see you go buddy. i think L4D in general is full of try-hards and bullies. When there is this much competitive team play and strategy in a game, everyone can get a little stressed out when they're all not on the same page. I haven't personally seen you get picked on in specific; but i'm sure there is a few players that get made fun of regularly. come back soon dude. i hope once this community gets large enough and has enough regulars to fill an entire server everyday, it would be cool to make it a member only server.

you should come play some CSS on the retro server though :D. Every member there is super nice and admins tend to always be on so you could easily get a ban for someone if they're disturbing the game.

Edited by P4N1K

I'm sorry to hear about that treatment that has be going on. Hopefully this is only coming from non GC members? If not, there is even a bigger problem here. We have rules that try to inspire a friendly community. I really don't dabble in L4D, but have you tried talking to any of the other admins?

I only play around lunch CST and haven't really seen any of this. Not to say it doesn't happen. Hate to hear it though. I'm also a pretty mediocre player as well and my only gripe is the team stacking. I'm not talking about a 200 to 1000 pt single round, I'm talking about a 3000pt gap over 2 or 3 rounds and constant down voting of scrambles. Heh, a 3000 pt gap should be automatic. Other than that, I love the server and the usuals who are on around lunch. Except MaestroPG... Screw that guy :) <hugs maestro with charger>

Here's hoping the server is a little more fun like it used to be, in the future...

Never will be the same again. With all the new plug-ins, sendpoints, respawn, inept votescramble to name a few which I really detest, this server was far better without them - it made each team work together more to keep everyone alive and there was less bullying, harassment and profanity.

With that in mind, I think that there does need to be a more strict policy of enforcing BANS - 3 strikes and you're out; and maybe there is a need for a 2nd GC server that had the previous gameplay in place without any sendpoints et al.

However, saying all that, this is still far better than any other server I've come across.

Sooo, think I'm done with this server for a while. Used to have fun playing but it seems that bullying and singling people out is the name of the game now. I've really enjoyed most of my playing time on here. Learned a lot and find a competitive, team-based atmosphere fun.

I'm absolutely no pro and I'll never claim to be, I make a lot of mistakes and am learning everyday. We all have our good days and bad days but I've never had someone specifically put me down, over and over, every single time I'm on as much as I have lately. Not everyone is as good as the "top ranked" players all the time and it takes an entire team to lose a match, (including the shining stars!!) someone has to be number 2 in order for them to be number 1.

Takes all the fun out of it when there are constant votekicks and namecalling. Its stressful and makes you want to leave when you're under constant threat of being singled out of the entire team. It's not so hard to coach a little bit instead of purposely putting people down and the outcome is usually better anyways. Maybe I won't be such a loss, but just thought I'd vent some before I sadly take a LOA. Here's hoping the server is a little more fun like it used to be, in the future... :sad:

:puppy_dog_eyes:

:hug:

Thing is, bad behavior hardly ever gets reported. Ever.

I always feel like whenever I'm in there, people say, "Oh, Jackie is in here. Time to stop misbehaving. We can continue when hes not here anymore."

Thinking we should have a "retro" weekend where we have no sendpoints, no respawns, just purely the points system.

Nooo info :( You cant go... I haven't even played with you for awhile now. Like i've told Jackie, i'm usually vetoing vote-kicks instead of kicking people. People get so angry when someone does one thing wrong and then decide to boot someone, then half the people aren't even paying attention and just press f1 to make the vote go away. Even when i am on, people vote-kick like crazy.

Rule: You cant vote-kick/kick based on skill, stop doing it people.

Sucks that what I feel is 99.9% of the games community doesnt know what <record demo> is. Since most of the time I play when admins on I normally dont record, the few times Ive recorded nothing bad has really happen, just the normal people complaining about the game.

Most of the top 10 have played when it's been only bots. Server doesnt stop when theres only one person in the game

Hmmm be cool if there was a plugin when [ADMINS] joined the game, voting always became vetoed. admins would have to investigate on why that vote was called. Could also show what admins are not doing their job.

Edited by ValenAlvern

I always feel like whenever I'm in there, people say, "Oh, Jackie is in here. Time to stop misbehaving. We can continue when hes not here anymore."

Thinking we should have a "retro" weekend where we have no sendpoints, no respawns, just purely the points system.

Use a fake name, like an unmarked police car!

Use a fake name, like an unmarked police car!

I do have an incognito account, but I don't really feel like switching accounts constantly.

Hi iNfO!

Ill start by saying that L4D is a game that makes people rage. As soon as the Survivor team fails at all, the first thing they do is find someone to blame for the failure. Some people can just be having a bad day, or are just plain mean, and take it out on the game. A lot of the time you just have to let it roll off, and laugh at how some people can get so mad at a video game.

But if someone is riding you constantly, thats not acceptable. I definitely feel what youre saying, I find Ive been playing less at certain times because of the general attitudes of certain people, both members and non-member regulars, and I feel that saying anything will just lead to more argument. But now Im seeing someone who has been playing here a long time saying they wont play on the server because of bad attitudes? Not going to stand for it. I love this server and most of the people that play here, and seeing a few people ruining the good times for no other reason than they have rage issues or personal problems just doesnt sit well with me.

Even if Im not playing anything at the time, anyone can message me if theres any problems on the server and Ill come straighten things out. Our server isnt top ranked just because of the mods or lack of them, its also because we have a great community built on respect and fairness. And iNfO, you can message me anytime, Id like to hear more of what happened.

Sucks that what I feel is 99.9% of the games community doesnt know what <record demo> is. Since most of the time I play when admins on I normally dont record, the few times Ive recorded nothing bad has really happen, just the normal people complaining about the game.
Most of the top 10 have played when it's been only bots. Server doesnt stop when theres only one person in the game
Hmmm be cool if there was a plugin when [ADMINS] joined the game, voting always became vetoed. admins would have to investigate on why that vote was called. Could also show what admins are not doing their job.

MOST of the top ten players do NOT play when bots are on. I worked for my rank, thank you. Jackie has fixed that and points are not received unless 2+ people are on. The server has been full often now, so most of the top ten have to work for their rank.

Also, that would be cool if there was a plugin for that or, Jackie, is there a command to cancel vote-kicks when admins are on? Sometimes it gets so crazy and i'm like, hello? I'm on... It's sad when i can't catch it. Once, survivors kicked the WRONG person and I vetoed it but it didn't work :/

Edited by Cake

Hey INfO,

Don't go man, I was there when you took that abuse yesterday and whoever said it was wrong. You are a great team-mate and I think we started playing here around the same time too. I'll miss you for sure.

Stick around man!

Just sayin'

LB

Edited by Lookback

Aww, *sniff* you are all so nice! Thank-you for such kind replies, it's appreciated. :blush: I absolutely do not base my whole experience on this server on a few incidents, it just becomes bothersome when you play to get away from life's stressors, only to find more while playing. I'll stop whining now, I'll never point fingers, cuz that's not how I navigate thru life but it's good to know that there are so many wonderful people around here.

This is absolutely true sometimes, but hey, when the cat's away...Lol

Nooo info You cant go... I haven't even played with you for awhile now. Like i've told Jackie, i'm usually vetoing vote-kicks instead of kicking people. People get so angry when someone does one thing wrong and then decide to boot someone, then half the people aren't even paying attention and just press f1 to make the vote go away. Even when i am on, people vote-kick like crazy.

That's true Cake, you are always trying to keep things fair and fun, many thanks for that.

Ill start by saying that L4D is a game that makes people rage. As soon as the Survivor team fails at all, the first thing they do is find someone to blame for the failure. Some people can just be having a bad day, or are just plain mean, and take it out on the game. A lot of the time you just have to let it roll off, and laugh at how some people can get so mad at a video game.

But if someone is riding you constantly, thats not acceptable. I definitely feel what youre saying, I find Ive been playing less at certain times because of the general attitudes of certain people, both members and non-member regulars, and I feel that saying anything will just lead to more argument. But now Im seeing someone who has been playing here a long time saying they wont play on the server because of bad attitudes? Not going to stand for it. I love this server and most of the people that play here, and seeing a few people ruining the good times for no other reason than they have rage issues or personal problems just doesnt sit well with me.

Even if Im not playing anything at the time, anyone can message me if theres any problems on the server and Ill come straighten things out. Our server isnt top ranked just because of the mods or lack of them, its also because we have a great community built on respect and fairness. And iNfO, you can message me anytime, Id like to hear more of what happened.

It's true, rage rage rage, that's understandable, everyone does it at some point. I try not to involve my "feelings" in the game because, as I've said, it's somewhat of an escape for some and who needs the extra stress. I appreciate your support, not just now but all the time. Hope I can play more with you in the future.

Hey INfO,

Don't go man, I was there when you took that abuse yesterday and whoever said it was wrong. You are a great team-mate and I think we started playing here around the same time too. I'll miss you for sure.

Stick around man!

Just sayin'

LB

Thank-you buds.

How can anyone be upset with all this warm & fuzzy going around! :happy: *Sigh, maybe just a short break...

MOST of the top ten players do NOT play when bots are on. I worked for my rank, thank you. Jackie has fixed that and points are not received unless 2+ people are on. The server has been full often now, so most of the top ten have to work for their rank.

Also, that would be cool if there was a plugin for that or, Jackie, is there a command to cancel vote-kicks when admins are on? Sometimes it gets so crazy and i'm like, hello? I'm on... It's sad when i can't catch it. Once, survivors kicked the WRONG person and I vetoed it but it didn't work :/

I didnt say you were I said most, and I know Jackie did that, I suggested it to him, when I first saw a player score boosting themselves at 5am, alone. EDIT: I should rephrase though, I have seen most of the top play when its MOSTLY bots and not ONLY bots

The command itself should be disabled, if admins were regularly allowed to do that, theres a chance they might forget and especially if a server crashes.

Edited by ValenAlvern

I call bs on the above post and any relating to it. Current top 10 includes, meng, got your 6, cake, paroxysm and myself. That's 5/10, and I know for a fact we all play when the server is full, not when it's a bot fest. I'm only up there cause of the time I've played on the server(like 50% more than most- Yes I fail a lot). It's easy to farm points if you play with only the bots. And being my first fps, my first 1-200 hours amounted to massive donkey crap in terms of points. Thus "most" of the top 10 = invalid.

Quite frankly, the only person I've seen do this is Maestro, and constantly at that(which at least 90% of the server players can confirm). Why would I know? Easy, view game info. I check the server before joining each time. In relation to that, he is also in a different country altogether, even though his ping says it's at 1. Thus he plays at different times, even if it's completely boring with just bots. Try to know what you're talking about before accusing server regulars.

As for iNfO being bashed... Haven't seen that. Though I also haven't played in a week and a half. One thing I can say is that there are plenty of new people always talking and trying to be the alpha male on their team. In relation to that, 100% of them are bad and can't back up anything they are saying, yet quick to blame someone when they fail. It just comes with the new territory.

One way to fix the annoying beta male trying to become a badarse chat would be for a new member's function to be implemented. I've been wanting to ask this for a while, but members, or at least a few trusted ones, should be given the ability to mute non-members. Not kick, etc. Just asking for a mute function. There's no reason for regulars or members to have to put up with his type of crap. There's a limit to what can be done when admins aren't there, and it's also a huge hassle to contact one every few seconds when someone won't shut-up.. This function would at least help in relation to team cohesion and arguments over chat, and I'm sure would have made somewhat of a difference to iNfO leaving if he had the choice to utilize it during these situations.

Know I chat raged twice about a month or so ago, same day, and a mute function would have fixed it all. The situation was literally the wannabe alphas, who i might add, die first, never have points, never shut up, never do anything correctly, were talking crap and whining over chat because they don't know how to pay attention and want to blame everyone else for their fail. I've actually raged a few times, and told a few regulars that I was leaving the server permanently, because of the current culture and mechanics. I've come back literally the next day though just out of remembrance of past games and the fun I had 6 months back, hoping for some miraculous awesome game that compared to the past.

As for voting.. lol... That should not be disabled. Hate to go against everyone here in the thread but let's face facts. Only a FEW admins kick correctly. Cake being probably the best one in relation to that. I played plenty of games in the past month where people were afk or flat out griefing and the admin in game was all "Just votekick" while the team had to sit there and get raped while trying to make sure they didn't farm too many off the main in the back/get a tank. Votekicking is there for a reason. It gets abused a lot but it also helps. Plus, admins do not pay attention to everything.

/end rant

P.S. I like pie.

I call bs on the above post and any relating to it. Current top 10 includes, meng, got your 6, cake, paroxysm and myself. That's 5/10, and I know for a fact we all play when the server is full, not when it's a bot fest. I'm only up there cause of the time I've played on the server(like 50% more than most- Yes I fail a lot). It's easy to farm points if you play with only the bots. And being my first fps, my first 1-200 hours amounted to massive donkey crap in terms of points. Thus "most" of the top 10 = invalid.

Quite frankly, the only person I've seen do this is Maestro, and constantly at that(which at least 90% of the server players can confirm). Why would I know? Easy, view game info. I check the server before joining each time. In relation to that, he is also in a different country altogether, even though his ping says it's at 1. Thus he plays at different times, even if it's completely boring with just bots. Try to know what you're talking about before accusing server regulars.

I've seen Paroxysm and Snake Eyes play a 2v2 at 3 am pst a few times, though Snake Eyes is notorious for team stacking, doubt they would be on the same team long. That hasnt stopped Mastro from playing 14 hours in the server before.

Edited by ValenAlvern

Seriously guys, who the heck cares about stats?

Know how much stats compare to anything? Absolutely nothing. I've tried to go through this so many times with people, but it always falls on deaf ears.

High rank != skill.

It's more like: High rank == Time played. That's generally how it almost always works.

I find stats just a neat thing to take a look at once you have accumulated a bunch of time playing. I have no idea why people put so much weight on stats. They mean absolutely nothing.

I know people who rank higher than me, but does that mean they're better than I am? NOPE.

I know people who rank higher than Nightling, but does that mean they're better than he is? NOPE.

I used Nightling and myself as examples because people always say, "aww...the other team has Nightling and Jackie. We're going to lose for sure."

NOTHING. :|

TLDR: go to bottom.

I don't care about stats, jackie. Was more-so just pointing out that the majority aren't bot point farmers. It's annoying seeing someone with a bone to pick slandering for no reason just cause they can't show off their e-pene in any other way.

And it's as jackie says, it makes no difference. Being in the top 10 gives no benefits. If anything it's a hassle because people like you, valen, whine because someone has a high rank. You've seen 2 people play at 3am their time. Then mae plays like 12 hours a day most of the time, packed or alone. Oh noooo. So that means the majority do? Mae has always point farmed, just get over it. Everyone can play whenever they want to.

Just to further my original point. Fam and most wanted, also on the top-10 list, both play when its packed, though I haven't seen them play as often as they used to. Their stats are mostly from months back. So anyway, let's completely tarnish paro, who is arguably one of the best on the sever and better than you by far, and shames me repeatedly, but hey, he point farms alone at 3am all day everyday. We'll add in snake and mae for the farming count. That's 3/10. Still missing that majority.

How someone gets points doesn't matter, it's just part of their stats and makes no difference when they are getting raped in a game with real players.

To get back to the original point of this thread in relation to this. iNfO mentioned not everyone is as good as the top ranked. That's true, but them and the regulars aren't always as good as the randoms. Everyone has their own set of skills. Some have it all, some are really good shots, some are really good as infected, blah blah blah. An easy example of this is Mechanical who started playing a month or two ago. Extremely good shot, to the point people thought he was possibly cheating. There's a thread about him several lines below this one. Either way, who cares.

The real issue here is conversation etiquette on the server is going down the drain, with plenty of new people trying to throw around their "awesomeness" on chat as if it made a difference. There's a specific player I won't mention, that I know quite a few know of on the server(and have ranted about), who constantly joins a game and tries to take control of the team and chat as if he's the holy grail. Even when he joins the team that's winning and can do better with a bot and was doing perfectly fine without him. It's annoying, and then you got the trash talkers who have been playing the game since your mother was a baby, but don't know how to play on this specific server... *sighs* L4d2 goes on sale all the time, so there's bound to be new kids to ruin it for the community. Which bring me to the function point.

Like I mentioned in the above post, I sincerely think members should have the option to mute non-members. If need be(to possibly prevent abuse), make it so 2-3 members(on either team) need to trigger the same thing. Being members we have our own private chat, so it's just a matter of typing there and asking for backup in that situation. <- You should really consider this, Jackieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee >_>

/end rant.... really, idk what i just typed... <_< Look what you did wasting my time. You better give me a cookie. Oatmeal raisin, and a glass of apple juice or something. Kthx.

As for voting.. lol... That should not be disabled. Hate to go against everyone here in the thread but let's face facts. Only a FEW admins kick correctly. Cake being probably the best one in relation to that. I played plenty of games in the past month where people were afk or flat out griefing and the admin in game was all "Just votekick" while the team had to sit there and get raped while trying to make sure they didn't farm too many off the main in the back/get a tank. Votekicking is there for a reason. It gets abused a lot but it also helps. Plus, admins do not pay attention to everything.

Hi Kira!!

If a player on the Survivor team is afk/crashed/not moving, and Im on Infected, I cant see them unless Im looking directly at them, because theyre not moving and dont glow! If this happens I need the name of the person right away, otherwise its better to votekick them and get them out as fast as possible.

Being an admin is tough sometimes. I cant count how many times Ive died because Im in menus dealing with something or removing a problem player. And no matter what you do, someone is going to be dissatisfied and complain. This is why I try to be as hands off as possible with actual gameplay stuff and only use the admin for removing problems. I had a player once accuse me of "stealing" his points when the !buy bugged out and took his points but gave nothing, just because someone had told him I was an admin.

Edited by RadioKnight

TLDR: go to bottom.

I don't care about stats, jackie. Was more-so just pointing out that the majority aren't bot point farmers. It's annoying seeing someone with a bone to pick slandering for no reason just cause they can't show off their e-pene in any other way.

And it's as jackie says, it makes no difference. Being in the top 10 gives no benefits. If anything it's a hassle because people like you, valen, whine because someone has a high rank. You've seen 2 people play at 3am their time. Then mae plays like 12 hours a day most of the time, packed or alone. Oh noooo. So that means the majority do? Mae has always point farmed, just get over it. Everyone can play whenever they want to.

Just to further my original point. Fam and most wanted, also on the top-10 list, both play when its packed, though I haven't seen them play as often as they used to. Their stats are mostly from months back. So anyway, let's completely tarnish paro, who is arguably one of the best on the sever and better than you by far, and shames me repeatedly, but hey, he point farms alone at 3am all day everyday. We'll add in snake and mae for the farming count. That's 3/10. Still missing that majority.

I wasnt whining I was just pointing out, also dont put words into my mouth

Edited by ValenAlvern