So...

Flitterkill

Hey guys, new here! I've been playing with Shazz and Clue over the past couple of months (well Shazz for a couple of years) and run a clan with a bunch of friends. I believe a couple of my boys have played with GC... MoHawk and fatguy. We've been around playing numerous games since 1998 and have had several servers as well. I know what a pain running servers can be, especially when it comes to finances! GHOST would be more than happy to kick in some money for a server... no prob. We have been having a blast with this game thus far and would love to see more playing. Thus far, the people I have met from GC have been a pleasure to play with, I haven't laughed so hard playing a FPS in a long time. Anyway, I talk to both Shazz and Clue on a daily basis, so let me know if you guys need any financial assistance.

Welcome Sup!

Honestly, just hanging on the new server and helping it be successful would be the best thing you can do. With how we roll server-wise this is only $7/month more than what our outlay usually is. Feel free to join GC for reserves (would love if this BF3 server ever got to that point that one needed a reserve) or pinch a tee-shirt or pint glass when they become available. If the server ever needs moar admins we can work something out (or you can join GC...)

Whatever happened to M2?

Thanks! Oh, we'll be hanging. We're all an older bunch of fella's that come on a bit later due to those "real life" stupid things. But we usually have a few on late afternoon and early evening (I'm PST). Look forward to playing with you!

Sup! Good to see you here....oh, and don't look forward to playing with flitter anytime soon....we are not even sure he plays anything, actually, we are not even sure he exists....he could be a computer simulation or even another member's alter ego, it's kind of a mystery, one we are afraid to solve :P He is awesome with the forum board wrenches....keeps this place purring like a fine italian sports car.

Welcome to the forums!

it took a few games to fill up but after a while it was full. Overall GGs but the team auto-balance needs to be fixed. I think Clue spent most of his playing time trying to keep teams even...

it took a few games to fill up but after a while it was full. Overall GGs but the team auto-balance needs to be fixed. I think Clue spent most of his playing time trying to keep teams even...

Yeah, that part sucked...gotta figure out why that isn't working. I was at least trying to keep clan guys together, I know that groups like to play together when possible....but even with that some people complained, but you can't make everyone happy.

VooDoo..why you no like server?

Yeah, that part sucked...gotta figure out why that isn't working. I was at least trying to keep clan guys together, I know that groups like to play together when possible....but even with that some people complained, but you can't make everyone happy.

VooDoo..why you no like server?

Because that leads to this:

bf3_20120315_21122534.jpg

Which isn't fun in the slightest. The second enough players joined for you guys all to be on the same team you all moved over and stacked the teams. I don't care about my score, or who wins, but when I spawn and die a second later because you guys are just hanging out stroking your e-peens it sucks and I don't want to play on a server like that.

Sorry VooDoo, but i'm calling BS on this one.. We all only moved to one side once there was a enough guys from another clan to do so..(take note in your screenshot of 5 BFT guys) and as I recall, they kicked our donkey on multiple maps.

BF3 is exponentially more fun when you are playing with a squad... It's a game where you are supposed to play with clan mates on one side so that you can take advantage of squads, squad perks, and squad spawning. (For instance - take a 2nd look at that screenshot - GHOST_wizbiz had a ton of points and a terrible k/d ratio... not sure he got a lot of points for stroking his e-peen.)

Clue did an awesome job of trying to keep squads together. but I'm not surprised you weren't having fun in the server if you were taking the lone wolf approach. Maybe try joining a squad (and vent) and playing with squad mates next time.

Edited by mohawk

Sorry VooDoo, but i'm calling BS on this one.. We all only moved to one side once there was a enough guys from another clan to do so..(take note in your screenshot of 5 BFT guys) and as I recall, they kicked our donkey on multiple maps.

BF3 is a game where you are supposed to play with clan mates on one side so that you can take advantage of squads, squad perks, and squad spawning. I'm not surprised you weren't having fun in the server taking the lone wolf approach.

Well, I WAS in a squad with some GHOST guys but the second they could they switched to the other team MID MATCH. In fact, you guys had two more players than us after they switched. I didn't know I stumbled into an MLG clan match of BFT vs GHOST, sorry, I guess since I'm not in a clan I just don't fit. I'm sure some other server will have me.

or

"Hey Clue - thanks for all the work you put in last night trying to keep teams even and squads together" or

"I think the server would be better if we did this..<something constructive other than I'm taking my ball and going home approach>" or

"It's a new server.. let me give it a few maps, so the server can populate with more individual players and not just clans"

Edited by mohawk

or

"Hey Clue - thanks for all the work you put in last night trying to keep teams even and squads together" or

"I think the server would be better if we did this..<something constructive other than I'm taking my ball and going home approach>" or

"It's a new server.. let me give it a few maps, so the server can populate with more individual players and not just clans"

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

It's so hard to start a Battlefield sever with a handful of people. When you have a community like ours where 5-6 splinter off to play a game it's easier to play together on an existing server than to sit in an empty server waiting for it to fill up. If most of the community was into Battlefield 3 it would be awesome, but that's unrealistic. I always thought a Squad Deathmatch server would have been easier because it's 16 players, but my opinion doesn't have much sway.

If my opinion didn't change anything then it won't change anything now.

I really like Clueless but I don't see stacking the teams as keeping them even. Clueless was one of the two or three GHOST members on my team to switch as soon as they could, which gave you guys an extra two players.

This is hardly a, "I'm taking my ball and going home", situation, I'm not taking anything from you guys, but if this is the way it's going to be when you guys are trying to get the server started you're not going to see much of me on it. If it was a bunch of pubbers instead of the BFT guys do you think they would stick around? I'm sure the BFT guys saw it as a challenge more than anything, a pubber would just leave because they are tired of getting spawned killed. Maybe people do enjoy it, I don't know, but I don't. Games are meant to be fun, if I'm not having fun, I'll leave, and I did.

fair enough, but what you missed out on a map or two later was a full 32 player server, which each side consisting of a handful of squads/clans and a lot of individual pubbers... like shaz, clue, etc. before you, you're more then welcome to hop on vent or join up on an existing squad in the game (you have to agree that this game is a lot more fun when you're playing in a squad and you can take advantage of the perks and revives/resupplies/repairs, etc..)