Motorola Droid Razr vs. Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Allanon

So the time has finally come for me to get my second smart phone in January once my contract expires with Verizon. I figured first of all I would want to stay on Verizon simply because I'm a bigger fan of Android, and if I ultimately decide to get the Iphone I can always get it on Verizon now. So the two really good flagship phones seem to be either the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as well as the Motorla Droid RAZR. I was wondering if anyone was looking at either of these, or had any experience that they would be willing to help me make a decision with. From everything I've seen the Galaxy Nexus seems to be the better phone for right now simply because it has the latest version of the Android OS, Ice Cream Sandwich. Yet it also seems to have a few bugs that might have already been fixed.

Your input is appreciated,

All of the nons

alright, so you all know i'm an iphone fanboy. don't let that taint what i'm about to say next...

i loved the nexus s. great form factor, pretty durable build, best (non-iphone) phone on the market at the time. then talk about the galaxy nexus started, and it would be able to walk on water and turn water into wine. then it actually released, and i've heard nothing but bad things about it.

i haven't heard anything about the razr, but i'd steer clear of the galaxy nexus.

btw, iphone is available on verizon ;)

Updates have fixed most of the initial issues, there are always a few bumps in the road with new hardware running new software, I wouldn't be too concerned. I just retired my original Nexus One, and I hope they release this thing soon on T mobile, cuz ima gonna get one : D

Yah without the bad news that I've been hearing about the Galaxy I would have already rushed out to grab one. The Droid RAZR looks like a pretty nice phone as far as the Motorola line goes, but if I'm going to spend the money to buy a really nice android phone I'd rather it be the best you know. Also there is the Samsung Galaxy II, but even though I've heard great things it's starting to get a little dated and the III will probably be released shortly after I buy the II. Well also there is the fact that I can't actually renew until January so maybe I'll just keep searching and see what people have to say about the Galaxy Nexus and if their opinions change as they release fixes.

Updates have fixed most of the initial issues, there are always a few bumps in the road with new hardware running new software, I wouldn't be too concerned. I just retired my original Nexus One, and I hope they release this thing soon on T mobile, cuz ima gonna get one : D

from everything i've heard, the galaxy nexus issues aren't with ICS, but with the actual hardware design. a couple of the googlers i know regifted their galaxy and went back to the s.

...but don't take my word for it.

Sent from my iPhone

If the nexus doesn't pan out on Tmobile, i'm either gonna go with the HTC Sensation, or the Galaxy 2....not a big fan of Touchwiz tho, and putting a ROM on a brand new phone doesn't sit well with me.

Sensation will probably win...the camera is supposed to be among the best on the market, and I use my camera a ton.

Hmm... well maybe it's time to do some research on the RAZR and see if the Galaxy II is still worth getting. To be honest I have no problem getting the Iphone 4s, it's just that I've really come to like Android and all the new features in ICS make me want a Android OS phone.

Galaxy II will be getting ICS very soon. Motorola typically is not fast when it comes to updates, and they tend to put a phone out to pasture before it's time IMO...but that could all change now that Google bought Motorola Mobility...time will tell.

For the record, Moto has already gone on record stating that the Razr WILL be receiving an ICS update in the near future. I believe the timeline for the update was Q1 2012, but don't quote me on that.

If I were upgrading to a new phone today, I would be going with the Razr, and then count the days until the ICS update. I simply like the design and form factor of the Razr better. I can say that while previous updates to my current Droid X weren't especially timely, I have received 2 major updates in the 1.5 years that I've had the phone, including a quick patch when they kinda screwed up the initial 2.3 update.