Official 2012 GC Forums Questions and Comments Thread

Flitterkill

READ THIS FIRST IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY: http://gamerscoaliti...showtopic=41028

FORUM MOVES AND PREFIX ACTIVATION STILL IN PROGRESS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have at it. And yes, I didn't tag this, or prefix this yet :)

I'll update this post as I finish forum/post moving and activate the prefix system in each forum section within Spawn Point and Game Central. This will include the prefix avail in each forum. If you don't see the forum here, it's not done yet! If you want to post, of course post away but the prefixes may or may not be live when you do so. Colors subject to change at anytime; focus is on getting it up and running.

January 23rd Update:

I've been poking at this on and off for awhile now; stuff you may have noticed but I did tackle a few things today/tonight worth mentioning.

Fixed/upgraded the legacy UT2K4 ONS server, and as part of that finished tagging out and prefixing the UT forums and then moving the lot into the MP FPS joint.

That led to me closing out many of the computer game forum posts including all the sub-forums of fallout, doom 3, guild wars, wow, etc. Stuff moved to where they should be now.

There still may be some forum name tweaks and such as the last three (computer games, team fortress-etc..., and console games) get finished.

Altered the default link formatting to now not only be that off-deep red and underlines but also automatically bold. Should stand out better.

Also patched the new members sidebar block fixing the formatting to match the other blocks and changed the title.

Although I manually patched out comic-sans from the post editor I realized there was still a work around beyond changing the editor javascript file and/or not refreshing ones browser cache. I think I got it this time though for cool people it still exists.

Once the forums are completely patched up I'll send out the obligatory mass email to the ancient hordes to let them know all is well, but changed.

Also, have you got yourself on our Member Map yet? Please do.

What else...

I mentioned ajax errors, glitches where people would lose or appear to lose what they were posting. It looks like that is tied into your first times on these new forums and/or relic cache stuff and/or not-updated java on your machine. I had the bugs once or twice the first day in on the new forums. It goes away once stuff "settles down" on your machine.

Also, a new date line mod is active on all forums in topic view. You'll know it when you see it. Swanky.

And because some people seem to love fonts, font size and font choice have been disabled for all but coalition members.

We've got another membership drive starting in just over a month. Ye gads...

January 28th Update:

Prefixes almost patched to the point where they work correctly. I a missed setting that resulted in forcing the prefixes chosen by non-forum admins to default to a tag instead, kind of defeating the purpose of the whole prefix thing. That's patched now.

Added a brand new mod to allow *ANYONE* to add a tag to any post. You'll find the button to the right of the topic title, right next to the "follow this post" button. You can only add a tag or tags, you cannot delete them so spell correctly please. To save us some trouble from roaming idiots you must have 50 posts or more to use this button. I might drop that to 20 or so later.

GC Board Member

Yeah, I can default it to whichever. The lack of borders was attractive to me but whatever folks want. Also if you have any legacy friends attached to your profile even though that system is gone the data remains, so the flags will be different for them.

Laundry and garbage taken care of. Showered and fed. Back at the prefixes...

(edited)

Great Job On the forums FK

Questions:

1. When I try to change my profile picture to my facebook pic dosent work

2. How do you post in the shotbox "Lag Chatter" from the main forums window. Seems you have to click view all updates.

3. Picture gallery go bye bye didnt see it.

Edited by SirTony

GC Board Member

3) Gallery disabled for now. Was little used. Might come back. Might not.

2) In the upper right corner where your name is, your name is a drop down menu. Click that - update there. Yeah, it was moved. Later I'll see about hacking it back in to the sidebar element.

1) Facebook permission might be off, or the picture is larger than 120x120. Let me look...

Member Map now defaults to hybrid. And while I'm under the hood let's just address that edit bar yellow right now...

UPDATE:

Edited by bar has been corrected.

Facebook connect is still active and all that and there does not appear to be a permission thing in play. Those photo limits are hardcore. 100KB in size tops, and 120x120 or less, otherwise it will just kick out emptiness. I'll keep poking...

GC Board Member

Well the other thread on this, the long "here's what's gone down", that thread is locked. This one ain't (of course). Might have gotten them mixed? Maybe? Let me know if other threads act this way.

Welcome back btw, was just talking about you (someone asked about the alumni tags)

GC Board Member

Zero: It is missing isn't it? Missing on the default IPB skin as well.

UPDATE: Found it. At the bottom of every page of the forum, right next to where you can change the skin there are the words "mark community read".

That's your bad boy now (and is in the default IPB skin as well - it's what IPB did with it). If I can, for convenience I'll see if I can drop that code in the logical place in view new content (trying now)

(edited)

Where's the "mark all as read" link/button after viewing new content? That is missing and was the one thing that I think needed to be brought back after the last big update. Looks good though. Just need that button back.

When there is new content, dashed bars appear to the left of the forum title. Just click on that to "mark as read". At least that's what i did.

Edited by shift

GC Board Member

Thx Berge.

And yep, those dashed bars along side forums in the main board index do have that function to mark everything in those forums as read. Of course they are also pointer to new content within those forums. Forgot to mention that (will fix that in the other thread.)

Patching in the mark as read bit is doable but there is a bit of code involved as that bit does have a popup menu element; that and I need to see where to stick it on that page. I'll tackle it tomorrow with a less blasted cerebellum.

I didn't like the new setup at first, and by at first i mean like the first 2 minutes. Now I really like it. I also love the members map by Google, and I wish more people would add themselves, cuz I know we have a lot of people from all over the country and I find that stuff very interesting, so put your zip codes in there everyone!

Edit*

When I go to view the Calendar I get "[#104211.1] You do not have permission to access the calendar."

Another note, not sure if I'm just missing it, but I don't see where I can edit topics and/or delete other peoples posts like I could before with the admin abilities.

Edited by samurai nightling

GC Board Member

Permissions changed throughout. Server admin does not automagically grant forum admin at the same time anymore.

Let me get cracking on that calendar bit now... (Also only 15 people counting me have read the explanation/new stuff topic :( )

UPDATE: Calendar permissions fixed