¦∞¦ TIMES

Times138

Hello GC community, TIMES here. Aka big balls the boss, aka indi-swagga jones, aka thuggnificent.

I've been playing on the server for I don't know how long.

I remember when MENG was just a little philipino guy without a mic, now hes all grown up.

Hes even met the girl of his dreams JYKRI on gcftw! (Meng, lemme be your best man)

I've also inspired millions with my speeches, which have lead to jaw dropping, underdog reverses!

I've helped raise ¦∞¦Badguy into a darling young man.

I've also helped Technotic lose 80 lbs!

Another thing I have done is offended many many young men and women.

First off let me say-

As far as im concerned, with all the changes happening in GC, I would say the server is a total SUCCESS! #1 #1 #1!!

However, soon after we became #1 things started to shift.

We have had a wave of almost brand new players checking out GC and they are getting turned off to the server.

with the new tone and attitude of the GC elite, were seeing.. well, elitism, hypocrisy, favoritism, etc.

I am not going to say names or witch about anyone specific because everyone's responsible!

Here are the things im over with-

- get the truck over STACKING, you should be able to play with your friends, your steam group, if you are skilled, and so are you friends,

you shouldnt be allowed to play with them?? our new admin, Maestro Piano Genius Loves to stack! let him!

- pull your head out of your donkey about CUSSING, the bot survivors say tits donkey poop all day baby! Ban them if they say the say racist or homophobic poop for-sure!

- all admins are increasingly going on power trips about Punishing people for very minor offenses and the general attitude needs to change as they realize,

that we are blasting fat donkey zombies in the face with uzi's sometimes poop gets out of hand and people get excited and angry!

These are all major turn offs to new players to the server who are use to playing with MATURE ADULTS, this game is rated M for 17+ adults!

Also this is a video game, lets have some fun!

-If you have a problem with ¦∞¦TIMES please keep it in the forums, he does not want to hear it in game.

LONG LIVE ¦∞¦Badguy ¦∞¦gotyour6 ¦∞¦sk ¦∞¦mexican cowboy ¦∞¦Elite Assasin Technotic Kira mama MENG Session Madvillain Radical Ray Finkle Matt KEMP Nightling Dreamz Teddy Ruxpin Paroxysm Nerdy

Irish Spring Dean Winchester Crunchy Orphan Cake

post-4247-0-56883200-1326147919.jpg

• Like 1

Well, wow ok. Not sure what exactly to make of this lol. While it's true that the game has some swearing in it already, GC was founded on the principle of no swearing = better gameplay for everyone. And yes, in CS:S we used to (maybe still do) limit people even saying "wth" because of its meaning. L4D2 has been more lenient for us due to the nature of the characters sayings in game, however thats no reason for people playing to constantly submit people to foul language. We can and will kick anyone who can't seem to control their language, even if it is small swear words.

As far as team stacking, we try to kick for blatant stacking of teams that are already lopsided. If it seems someone is just switching to try and even it up we notice that and don't kick for those things. I'm not sure what MPG does, but don't go throwing out accusations without first posting the evidence.

People in L4D2, maybe you haven't been around as long as some of us. Maybe you haven't really gotten to know what GC has been all about for these many years. Maybe we have just recently realized that we've been too easy on the ideals in the L4D2 server just because bots swear, but its time to start understanding and getting used to it.

*Edit See even in our forums it made my "what the f***" meaning into a "wth" This is exactly what im talking about. People need to realize that ratings of games have nothing to do with your behavior or the expected behavior you should see when playing them on a GC server.

Edited by samurai nightling
  • Like 1

I remember when MENG was just a little philipino guy without a mic, now hes all grown up.

Hes even met the girl of his dreams JYKRI on gcftw! (Meng, lemme be your best man)

I've also inspired millions with my speeches, which have lead to jaw dropping, underdog reverses!

I've helped raise ¦∞¦Badguy into a darling young man.

I've also helped Technotic lose 80 lbs!

Another thing I have done is offended many many young men and women.

Oh yea, in Retro we have... we have... Goofus singing. Hah!

*goes to the corner to cry*

I use to not like you times we butted heads but it's past and we've become mutual frenemies just leaving each other alone but I will comment with honesty on this post.

1) since I've been on the server there has been a no swearing rule, it has been for a long time, it's not like they woke up yesterday and say no swearing guys no swearing. It's been a friendly environment without the profanity. I cuss like a sailor but I don't do it on the server and I like it. It's nice to not have to hear f this and that every other word. I was annoyed losing wt f but in fairness to Jackie and the admins we do know what it stands for.

2) playing with friends, this is not 4v4, it's nice when you get to be on your friends teams but it doesn't work like that. I love being on tirtul, session, valen, nightling, Jackie's, Kira's, madvillaians team but is that always possible or even fair no. If you want to be on your friends teams always go play 4v4. To keep it as fair and balanced though sometimes its not it's random get over it.

3) admins being strict, well that's their job. Do you get mad at your boss or teachers for keeping peace in the work place or in classrooms. Yes it's just a game but to ensure everyone has a fair and fun game people who join to rush, grief, mic spam, insult, taunt, be poor sports ruin that for people. I'd be lying if I said I've never been mean to anyone on the server cause I've had my moments but I've stopped. I don't like people yelling at me for not dying the second I spit or being behind or whatever, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Lastly, you may not know this times but because of you I still dread typing votescramble, you use to make the rudest and unfriendly comments to people who wanted a votescramble, so before you talk about people being mean to others you should evaluate the way you act and how it makes people feel.

• Like 1

1) I cuss like a sailor but I don't do it on the server and I like it. It's nice to not have to hear f this and that every other word. I was annoyed losing wt f but in fairness to Jackie and the admins we do know what it stands for.

Perhaps swearing in moderation is okay, and that's what the admin is there for, to nab them sailors. But wth can be translated into 'what the freak' censoring it (it's a matter of interpretation, WTH is what the heck or hell) if we kept this up and all starting using 'fruit' instead then we'd have to ban fruit and sooner or later we'd run out of words. You'd eventually all know what it really meant right? So...

2) If you want to be on your friends teams always go play 4v4. To keep it as fair and balanced though sometimes its not it's random get over it.

Gotta say the other team would QQ and leave and the server would close within the first map. Happens to me when I play with 1 other buddy and 2 randoms. That's just how 4v4 is. And I can't remember that last time I successfully queue'd for a team versus and found an opposing team on the system.

3) admins being strict, well that's their job. Do you get mad at your boss or teachers for keeping peace in the work place or in classrooms.

Absolutely I get mad! I got 4 bosses at work, 1 wants to go by the bible and it ruins the environment; there's such a thing as being too 'good' at your job.

You both got some good points but you'll never please everyone. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Elegant
  • Like 1

- get the truck over STACKING, you should be able to play with your friends, your steam group, if you are skilled, and so are you friends,

you shouldnt be allowed to play with them?? our new admin, Maestro Piano Genius Loves to stack! let him!

These are all major turn offs to new players to the server who are use to playing with MATURE ADULTS, this game is rated M for 17+ adults!

Yep, getting my donkey handed to me by teams of people who have been playing together fpr a log time while I am on a team of noobs that half of the other team switched out of and they insist on only playing together, round after round - even when it is 7 on 3 (or worse) is so much fun and makes me want to stay in the server. Thanks for the good times! For a while now, it has pretty much not been worth sticking around to play through that.

Also this is a video game, lets have some fun!

A big part of what I like about this server is that when the admins are on, the stacking and various other forms of asshattery doesn't happen and more often than not - win or lose- good games ensure. I am ok with losing a fun game, but the teamswitch driven 7 on 3 poundings are boring and do not make me want to come back. A shame that some feel the need to wreckthis server by insisting that they always go with the winning team because 'their friends are on it'.

2 cents

Edited by Lookback
  • Like 1

Lookback, youre so focused on this 3 vs 7 stacked idea, its adorable.

Why dont you play on the server when its not 7 AM, because the rest of the day the server is jam packed with people.

However when it is full of 20+ people It is really stupid to say none of the ¦∞¦infinity klan can play with eachother because we are all friends, and some of the best players on the server.

WHen people are complaining its stacked, most the time the main reason for the failure of a team is due to strategic errors and teamwork.

Almost everytime somebody calls out "STACKED, ZOMG" the next level, the losing team makes a comeback, and it goes back and forth! = seems fair.

Lookback your l4d2 name cus ive never heard of you.

I FIGHT FOR THE USERS

Speaking of Technotic, how is everyone doing? I would have to agree with Times in what he has said.

@Times <3 I've only lost 5 pounds btw XD

@chick Didn't even mention me in your group of "friends" :'( I see where we are

@Tirtul Stop rushing XD

@Nightling Lets have children

@Jackie I know you haven't posted here yet but I'd just like to point out that Season3 of My Little Pony has been confirmed into production

@Meng I'm proud of you.. all grown up

@Jykri Where in the name of davie jones have you been? never see you anymore D:

@Badguys Gotta work on your aiming buddy XD

@Paroxysm You sir..... should get Killing Floor

@ShawnConnery Love your movies man

@Jessica Alba As hot as you are, I've never really been attracted to you, sorry it'll never work out.

@Billy Mays RIP

@Obama Keep up the good work

@EveryoneElse Meh

Edited by Technotic
  • Like 1

OK, let's get this out the way, yes, I admit that occasionally I used to change sides (only out of frustration as team players had usually thought that it was fine to rush, abandon their fellow players, grief, troll etc); however, it does take me a little longer to load in (being from UK), but I can't see how that joining as a survivor when all infected spots have been taken is stacking, can you?

Although this maybe rated (18+ here in Europe) for language and excessive violence in the game, remember that it is ONLY a game, so like most civilised people, I do not want to have to listen to foul-mouthed obscenities coming from anyone. Like Cake and others, I will always ask players to, 'watch their language, please'. Why this should cause an offence, I don't understand.

I do not have a problem with you Times, in fact, I respect your playing skills, but you seem to have a a personal issue with me. Not only were you insulting about me in the game, which I let pass as it was the first game we played as me as Admin (No Mercy), but you have seemed to have bombarded most of my posts (which are totally unrelated to this) with "Maestro has the worst ideas", with no explanation whatsoever or forethought.

I am not vindictive, never have been, never will be, I am better than that; forgiveness is the highest form of revenge.

• Like 1

Why dont you play on the server when its not 7 AM, because the rest of the day the server is jam packed with people.

I do, and often

However when it is full of 20+ people It is really stupid to say none of the ¦∞¦infinity klan can play with eachother because we are all friends, and some of the best players on the server.

Don't have a problem with it when it's the team you got at the beginning, it's the luck of the draw. Do have a problem with it when you do it and the game is already lopsided.

Lookback your l4d2 name cus ive never heard of you.

Don't really care, but I have played with and against you many times.

I FIGHT FOR THE USERS

Not really, just for yourself and what you want. Rather selfish actually...

You don't mind this at all since you're never on the recieving end of a butt kicking. There are other people who are and aren't too fond of it. If by chance you get on the same team as your friends or whatever from a scramble, fine, but blatiently stacking teams in your favor by having regulars vs newbs doesn't look good at all.

- pull your head out of your donkey about CUSSING, the bot survivors say tits donkey poop all day baby! Ban them if they say the say racist or homophobic poop for-sure!

Apparently you aren't familiar with GC's rules in the server. Sure, you can say whatever the Survivor's say in moderation, but all the time? That's a little too far and shows immaturity of the person liberally using profanity. This is supposed to be a mature server. Not in the sense of a 17+ rated game, but in the respect that we're a community of mature gamers. People who are grown up and don't feel the need to enjoy a game where we need to swear every other word to get a point across.

- all admins are increasingly going on power trips about Punishing people for very minor offenses and the general attitude needs to change as they realize,

that we are blasting fat donkey zombies in the face with uzi's sometimes poop gets out of hand and people get excited and angry!

Slip of the tongues? Fine. That gets a warning. That's what they're there for. To WARN you about your behavior in the server, not to get all bent out of shape because you happen to recieve one. Players on the server think they have free reign to do whatever the hell they want, but guess what. You can't. This server has RULES. I'm not sure some people know what the definition of a "rule" is, but it's a guideline that needs to be upheld while visiting. Would you openly swear at work in a public place in front of customers? No, you would lose your job. Here, you may lose your chance to play.

Again, read what I posted above. We have rules. They're not up for debate. Period.

-If you have a problem with ¦∞¦TIMES please keep it in the forums, he does not want to hear it in game.

Again, yes, keep this in the forums, not in game. I DO NOT want to have to be told someone brought this topic up while people are trying to enjoy their zombie extermination.

I FIGHT FOR THE USERS
You claim you "fight for the users", but are content with stacking, riding on egos, feel the need to openly swear whenever you want in order to have fun. I want to try and not have total anarchy in the server.

I have been too lax with people over the months when it comes to rules. I'm SICK and TIRED of people breaking them and I want to put a stop to it. Clearly some people completely ignore the MOTD and the rules the server has here and here. Look at the date of the second link. Those rules have been there since June 2010. Absolutely no reason not to have seen that if you're a regular. They're not there just for show, you know. They're there for a purpose, and if you don't respect what's there, you may recieve the same kind of respect back from the admins.

• Like 1

wut.

Speaking of Technotic, how is everyone doing? I would have to agree with Times in what he has said.

@Tirtul Stop rushing XD

@Jackie I know you haven't posted here yet but I'd just like to point out that Season3 of My Little Pony has been confirmed into production

@Jessica Alba As hot as you are, I've never really been attracted to you, sorry it'll never work out.

@Billy Mays RIP

@EveryoneElse Meh

I've been on tech o.o more like where have YOU been. Get off dungeon defenders for a bit and get your butt back in here :P

-- I actually prefer if the server had swearing at a minimum. Sure there's always a slip here and there and I've done it myself, but I would rather not have to hear someone spew out crap every other sentence.

-- With regards to the power trips of the admins, as much as it's appreciated that they are trying to make the best of the situation, they are still human. Though at times, it would be nice if they were less sensitive about every other issue. Unless it's ruining people's fun, you're there to administer not to dictate. Situations such as Elegant's - really shouldn't have been a problem since it was neither derogatory nor really meant to be an insult. Just take it easy sometimes, we're just all here to have some fun and shoot some zombies.

• Like 1

Thing is, you guys haven't seen GC in it's entirety until you've played in the CSS server when it's full. A good chunk of regulars on the L4D server would have been banned on the CSS server numerous times already. Why do you think this community has been around so long? People like the fact they can play a game and not feel like they're playing with a bunch of kids on xbox live where they constantly shout, call you homophobic slurs, and claim to have had relations with your mom. You go to any other server and they allow that childish behavior. Here, we don't and it's something to be proud of. We're pretty much the 1%.

Ever heard of the phrase, "If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all"? Kind of applies here.

• Like 1

LONG LIVE ¦∞¦Badguy ¦∞¦gotyour6 ¦∞¦sk ¦∞¦mexican cowboy ¦∞¦Elite Assasin Technotic Kira mama MENG Session Madvillain Radical Ray Finkle Matt KEMP Nightling Dreamz Teddy Ruxpin Paroxysm Nerdy

Irish Spring Dean Winchester Crunchy Orphan Cake

post-4247-0-56883200-1326147919.jpg

<3

@Tirtul Stop rushing XD

@Billy Mays RIP

@EveryoneElse Meh

no radical? I c how it is. We cant be friends anymore. </3

On the relevance of the topic itself. After coming back after my 2 or so month little hiatus, I came back into making a little joke where I had used a little profanity, and right away clarified that I was kidding. But some people who have recently joined our community while I was away dont know my playful ways and took it seriously. As much as I agree with keeping all the profanity to a minimum, one little slip shouldnt ruin someones day like I pooped in the Wheaties.

On another note, the stacking complaints are getting ridiculous, even when its scrambled, people are still unsatisfied and going off on it. Win or lose were all here to have fun. Ive been on both ends of it and I just play here to have fun and talk with the many friends Ive made over the time I have been here.

Keep the drama out of the game, kill some damn zombies, and my god hate all the islands you want, but you cant hate on leather vests.

Well I just felt like venting and I had to get some things off my chest.

Lookback, sorry i never noticed you, i guess you never stood out, or made a lasting impression. = /

I have many awkward stories of witnessing admin abuse, but they are not worth telling. I only hope that the elite can relax.

my sorta, main point being that were playing a rated M game, M not standing for Mormonism

We are spraying rounds and decapitating zombies with their tits flailing everywhere, blood and puke pouring out of a fat*ss boomer corpse, while a jockey humps nick's head as he yells a$$hole!

and you want us to speak quietly and respectfully!

One thing i disagree with you Jackie is players do NOT come to gcftw to get away from this horrible world of swear words(its so scary outside)!! Anyone who says so now, in this post, is full of sh*t.

People come for the 10v10, awesome players, great !buy system, cool hats, and to hear Meng's angelic voice.

Funny, how and where did Mormonism come into this? Sure, M stands for Mature, but it doesn't stand for Moron either. Don't act like the latter. Act like the former. You are really not acting mature about this whole issue. All you're trying to do is force the fact that you want to spout off at the mouth and say whatever you want. This isn't "The Times" server, this is GC's server.

my sorta, main point being that were playing a rated M game, M not standing for Mormonism

I have a big issue with this Times. I think this is just down right disrespectful to make this statement. I think for you to sit here and say that GC is making people act like Mormons(one you are seriously mistaken if you think this is the only Religion with strong views on Respect, Profanity, Crudeness that just shows how immature and rude you are. That would be like walking up to a group of individuals and saying "Oh you're acting like a bunch of Asian people, or a bunch of Christians, or a bunch of Jews". I think it shows how little you truly care about the rules of GC.

Personally TIMES, I think most of your post shows how little you care about GC RULES, you have swore in your post, questions admins authorities, shown ignorance to a religion, and basically said GC rules are stupid and people need to lighten up. Well Times, I think you need to grow up. So you can't swear, you can't stack teams. The number one thing GC always says "If you don't like the rules, you don't have to play here". Well maybe its time you either excepted the rules or move on.

Also, Jykri, you saying Tirtul is being overly sensetive, I think you need to remember people in general don't like to be taunted. It's like being at a basketball game and taunting the other team and when they miss shots be like "You Suck" or "Learn to Play", thats not right, so why do you think it should be okay here. I think people need to realize you are already frustrated by losing to be taunted, its like being stabbed in the back and then having the person come to the front and stabbing you in the chest, just because they can. The point is people need to be more considerate of the other team and remember when you were in school it's not nice to be made fun of if you aren't doing so well, its not cool to go to games and have to listen to people say "You suck" or have people running up and down the court screaming "You mad bro".

WOW I cant believe it just got down to this level! ><

OK guys, i thought i was giving my point of view about a server on a video game, little did i know i was saying "YOURE ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF JEWS"

I think that explaining to jyrki like a child, and using a great basketball analogy really helped her understand. good work!

goodnight, i mean--- YOURE ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF JEWS

I try to be a fair to everyone... with the warning system it allows me to in a sense tell people to settle down, I hear/read the comments of all the people on the server, while someone might think something is in good fun that could possibly be taken the wrong way, one admin gave me good advice and that was if I take offense to it then it should be looked into, I am fine with some trash talk and ribbing in good fun but some remarks can been misinterpreted easily, especially in the written form, heck many things I have typed get mistaken for mean or rude things.

WOW I cant believe it just got down to this level! >

OK guys, i thought i was giving my point of view about a server on a video game, little did i know i was saying "YOURE ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF JEWS"

I think that explaining to jyrki like a child, and using a great basketball analogy really helped her understand. good work!

goodnight, i mean--- YOURE ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF JEWS

That right there is a perfect example of someone who wants to be banned.