Hypocrisy

MattKemp

I guess I'm apparently not doing a good job at maintaining the server to GC's standards at all. At freaking all. I try to enforce the rules further, people get their panties in a knot and "vent" on the forums about it. Things get out of hand, someone gets banned, where does it all land? Taco stand. I mean, in the damn toilet.

What do you guys want me to say? You win? Times wins? I'm a terrible admin and this server is going in the s***er because of me? I can't pick out good admins for the server?

Fine.

Congratulations. You Win.

Times wins.

I'm a terrible admin and this server is going in the s***er because of me.

And I can't pick out any good admins for the server.

Also, I can't do anything right and my decisions are terrible.

I take things way out of proportion and too personally.

I'm done. Go do whatever the heck you guys want.

• Like 1

Its not about winning or losing, I think you are amazing Jackie, if it wasn't for you I dont think I would of played l4d this long and ever had met some amazing people I'm sure they know who they are, but I think you do an amazing job with the server and all the mods, i really appreciate what you do and thank you.

In my opinion we all should get banned :P

Sorry Jackie. You do a great job with improving the server and listening to everyone's complaints. It's unfortunate, but you get the blunt of the negative for the server with not enough appreciation. Personally I think you do a great job. You're a great admin, especially given the game and circumstance. Perhaps some no tolerance rules on specific things would be in order. <- With enforcement.

I just felt this ban seemed out of place with the current culture and had to comment. if he had done something in game it'd have been one thing. But he quoted something that was taking his comment out of proportion and ended up banned. Just didn't seem fair. Washing my hands of this.

On a side note. Sounds like you need vacation Jackie, with a slight change of pace. Almost as if this is just a job to you and not something you want to do and you're taking your work home. Gotta agree with SK. We all should be banned. We've all broken the rules at some point.

Edited by KiraMama

Now it just like I'm getting pity. I don't want pity. I don't want recognition. I just want GC's rules followed and enforced. But when they get questioned on a constant basis...that doesn't sit well with me.

I think I should just uninstall and find something to do from now on. This whole thing killed my passion for the game.

• Like 2

Sorry Jackie. You do a great job with improving the server and listening to everyone's complaints. It's unfortunate, but you get the blunt of the negative for the server with not enough appreciation. Personally I think you do a great job. You're a great admin, especially given the game and circumstance. Perhaps some no tolerance rules on specific things would be in order. <- With enforcement.

I just felt this ban seemed out of place with the current culture and had to comment. if he had done something in game it'd have been one thing. But he quoted something that was taking his comment out of proportion and ended up banned. Just didn't seem fair. Washing my hands of this.

On a side note. Sounds like you need vacation Jackie, with a slight change of pace. Almost as if this is just a job to you and not something you want to do and you're taking your work home. Gotta agree with SK. We all should be banned. We've all broken the rules at some point.

It is a job now. It was fun when Jackie and I ran our own L4D1 servers and made sure we had a cool splash page and got high damage pounces and made sure each level had a tank and a witch. Back then the game required real strategy and teamwork. The boomer actually did damage when he landed his bile. Not sure how you guys play the 20 slot server thing; it's not how the game was meant to be played in my opinion but more the power to you all.

Honestly Jackie? I think you should. And honestly? I don't regret making this post. Everything was coming to a head anyways, I was just a catalyst. This is Jackie's server, plain and simple. And like I said above, the "He said, she said" shouldn't even be brought up. These last few days are more than just about Times:It shows how petty we've become. Our arrogance is ruining the server for everyone.

Honestly? We shouldn't need admins telling us what to do, and how to do it. We are all adults here, and we have been using the rules as a doormat so we can do whatever the hell we want. As long as you're in GCFTW, respect Jackie and the rules he has set, and stop being so foolishly petty. Arguing over the internet is like the Special Olympics:Even if you win, you're still dumb.

(PLEASE OH PLEASE don't turn this into a mental ilness thread. It was just a joke. LET IT GO)

About TIMES: IMO, he should be give a warning. Not a 30 day, but not nothing, either. Maybe an hour or two without being able to use the points, maybe a few days away, but definitely not permanent - However, I will respect Jackie's decision, whatever it may be.

To Jackie:Everyone deserves a second chance. This server is still my favorite game to play by far. I like a lot of people on this server, but without you there would BE no server. Therefore, I vow to not play on the group server again until you're back. I will keep watch here:Let me know when you return.

So my post went totally ignored. You all must have a reading disability. I should of locked this after I posted my last post.

If everyone would stop posting, this crap could end.

Times is unbanned. If I see one more stupid post, which most of these have been, I may personally ban you from the forums.

Edited by samurai nightling
  • Like 1