Resident Evil 6 Announced

boiler

I would like a compromise, in that they add movement while aiming/shooting, but maybe cut back on the ammo supply a little more. Looks like it might be heading in this direction, as at one point in the trailer it looked like Chris slid into cover while in a firefight.

You want them to cut back on the ammo supply? I hardly finished RE5, because I never had ammo. And because you couldn't move while aiming. That was one of the dumbest idea ever to put that in. Even Metal Gear Solid back in 1998 was better with that with it's 2 aiming modes. One for aiming like in RE5 where you couldn't move, and then the one from the bird perspective to have a better overview of your surroundings.

(edited)

You want them to cut back on the ammo supply? I hardly finished RE5, because I never had ammo. And because you couldn't move while aiming. That was one of the dumbest idea ever to put that in. Even Metal Gear Solid back in 1998 was better with that with it's 2 aiming modes. One for aiming like in RE5 where you couldn't move, and then the one from the bird perspective to have a better overview of your surroundings.

I RARELY was low on ammo, almost never was without when I really really needed it. I did not play on the most severe difficulty though.

As far as "make it like RE1,2,3", and keep in mind I never played them myself, but wasn't a HUGE part of the "horror" and tension a result of the fixed camera and horrid controls? I think if some parts (probably the Leon S. parts, from the looks of it thus far) slow it down a little, reduce the volume of enemies at a time and lower the available ammo count, it can bring a little more tension and fight or flight back to the game.

Also, I want to be able to move while I aim/shoot. At least as quickly as I could in Dead Space1/2.

ETA: As far as I'm concerned, they should lift the Dead Space experience and slap it into the RE world. Those games control beautifully, and (particularly with DS1) paced the enemy battles/ammo counts perfectly.

Edited by boiler

Well I probably was low on ammo, because I played it in co-op multiplayer on one console on one tv with another person. And for the final boss, we nearly did not have enough ammo to finish him. I didn't like the game anyway lol