Donated!

Pseudo

Hi all - I've been playing on the GC 10v10 server for a few weeks, been having a blast, so I decided to donate (also for that delicious reserve slot). I sent $25 into the paypal address, think that should cover me for the year, right?

Anyhow - I wanted to post to make sure whoever is in charge of memebership/donations got mine today. Here's my Steam info, not sure what else you guys may need. Let me know if I should message someone directly too - thanks.

FK, L4D2 doesn't work the same way CS:S does. Members can not simply join a full server and have it kick a nonmember, there is no way to set this up like CS:S.

Members can sit in the 2 extra slots to spectate without worrying about being kicked automatically though. Members can request an admin in the server to kick a nonmember so that you can play. Not many people do this though, most just spec until a spot opens up.

Other member perks are being able to do the !light and !hat commands to give your character some "color" and personality lol. You can also use the admin chat in game.

FK, L4D2 doesn't work the same way CS:S does. Members can not simply join a full server and have it kick a nonmember, there is no way to set this up like CS:S.

Members can sit in the 2 extra slots to spectate without worrying about being kicked automatically though. Members can request an admin in the server to kick a nonmember so that you can play. Not many people do this though, most just spec until a spot opens up.

Other member perks are being able to do the !light and !hat commands to give your character some "color" and personality lol. You can also use the admin chat in game.

Kinda a few days late, since I don't check the forums much. But there is in fact a way to kick non-members. Sky, who has commented on the forums before has done it for his server which he coded completely by himself(rpg server). Just takes a bit of work. Chatted with him about this a few months back. Last I recall, he said something about having it done to specifically not kick the person who was newest and non-member, as to help build the community. It'd give a message to the player as to why they were kicked etc. Just a matter of him and jackie going over the details if this was something that's really desired. Though I was under the impression that it wasn't something cared for.

/end highjacking

As to keep on topic... Welcome, psuedo.

Kinda a few days late, since I don't check the forums much. But there is in fact a way to kick non-members. Sky, who has commented on the forums before has done it for his server which he coded completely by himself(rpg server). Just takes a bit of work. Chatted with him about this a few months back. Last I recall, he said something about having it done to specifically not kick the person who was newest and non-member, as to help build the community. It'd give a message to the player as to why they were kicked etc. Just a matter of him and jackie going over the details if this was something that's really desired. Though I was under the impression that it wasn't something cared for.

/end highjacking

As to keep on topic... Welcome, psuedo.

This sounds great. I've seen it done on other servers too. It will just auto-kick the person who's most recently joined that's not a member with a message saying that they are being kicked for a member reserve slot...and to visit the forums to become a member, etc.