I don't know where to post this

MPG1770

I am not posting this for sympathy whatsoever,..... I have just returned home after performing my debut piano concerto and was assaulted and robbed by the taxi driver.

I have just come out of hospital, I am now blinded in my right eye. The damage is so severe, the surgeon has said that it is not possible to repair, and the best course of action is to have the damaged eye removed.

This will mean that i will have to undergo 6 weeks of intensive analysis before surgery.

This is probably for another board, but all I want to say is that I am grateful that here in the UK we have National Health System.

Are you serious? That's messed up. I hope you are ok, and that they catch the *words that i cannot use here* taxi driver that did that to you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and I hope everything goes well if you have to have the surgery. I don't know how religious u are, but I guess you can thank god its only an eye and not your life, because things could of ended up much worse it sounds.

Wow... I'm really sorry to hear about that. Thank goodness you were able to walk away from such a thing... I would love to hunt down that asshat and give him a taste of fist-to-face and see how he would like it. You'll be in my thoughts for the course of your analysis and surgery.

Try to keep us posted.

GC Server Admin
(edited)

The situation can only ne described as a 'terrorist' attack as the taxi driver held a machete against my throat. In that situation, what would you do? (Rhetoric question) - - I doubt if anyone would care about losing money in this situation.

Edited by MPG1770

GC Server Admin
(edited)

. I would love to hunt down that asshat and give him a taste of fist-to-face and see how he would like it.

No. Please Jackie, although I can concur with with your sentiment, we have to be greater than that - in the immortal words of Mahatma Ghandi, "an eye for an eye, then the whole world would be blind".

My motto in life is, "fogiveness is the best form of of revenge".

Peace

Edited by MPG1770
  • Like 2

GC Server Admin

Life should always be about the creation of of beauty - you have to find that within yourself, then let that beauty permeate with everyine you come across in life, especially those who you regard as adversaries, for in that beauty that surrounds your life, they will eventually see and behold beauty.

The situation can only ne described as a 'terrorist' attack as the taxi driver held a machete against my throat. In that situation, what would you do? (Rhetoric question) - - I doubt if anyone would care about losing money in this situation.

Was it a bolo, a mexian machete or a spanish machete? Did he hit you with the hilt, blunt, or flat end or did he punch you? Cause the damage to the eye sounds like blunt forced trauma. Since I figured if he slashed you with it would require surgery right away.

Since I took Martial Arts when I was young, I usually meditate every day and before I go to bed, what would happen if someone came at me with a gun/knife/other weapon. Im so intune with my surroundings that if anyone were to whisper my name (If they happen to be in the room when I feel asleep), so much as touch my door or come near it, I instantly wake up. Ive even woken myself up from an eye lash falling and touching my arm instanly doing self defense moves(No joke, was tinkled when I saw it was 5am).

Since you're a composer, luckily you still have your hands. Phones are getting smaller (unless you buy Apple, lets make it wallet size), you'd think they'd be making bionical eyes, or something that can repair eyes. Hope surgery and care goes well and hope this doesnt happen again.

This is quite a bit disturbing. Didn't know mpg was literally a pg. Horrible way to end the night of your debut. That's too bad about the eye not being salvageable. Your comments are quite saintly. Kudos to you. I personally prefer eye for an eye. Blind him, and chop off a hand for the robbery while you're at it. Quite sad the things some people do.

MPG you remind me of the people in the movie Amish Grace, actually based on a true story. Like they say "Forgiveness is not for that person, but so we are not burdened with anger and hate" It is a strong will to be able to say I forgive you for what you have done. But I am so proud of you for being that strong person MPG, that is something I don't think I could have the strength to do.

GC Server Admin

Morning after night before......

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your words of comfort and express that in times like this, there is still hope for humanity.

Secondly, I try as a person not to wallow in self-pity - in the immortal words of the Monty Python team, Always look on the bright side of life.

If anyone can make light of this situation, surely it has to be me - just got to get myself a wooden leg and a parrot.

I will keep you updated after my hospital appointment tomorrow.

I beg of you - please, do not speak of this in game, I do not want to put a downer on an activity that brings enjoyment into our lives.

Thank you all for being understanding.

Be at peace

GC Server Admin

Police are on the hunt, but don't have much hope in actual arrest. Small town in country, hence it took almost 3 hours for police and ambulance to arrive - afterall, it is the weekend, busy time for the emergency services.

As for you Cink, don't need any charger hugs, face feels pounded enough - lol.

. I would love to hunt down that asshat and give him a taste of fist-to-face and see how he would like it.

No. Please Jackie, although I can concur with with your sentiment, we have to be greater than that - in the immortal words of Mahatma Ghandi, "an eye for an eye, then the whole world would be blind".

My motto in life is, "fogiveness is the best form of of revenge".

Peace

He's just going to do it again. And again. And again. What's to say he doesn't kill the next person?

Sorry, but this is the exact reason I carry my pistol (legally) with me in public. If I ever find myself in the gas station and somebody pulls a gun out to rob the clerk, I like to think I won't hesitate to put lead in the side of his skull. If he didn't shoot that clerk, he could shoot the next one. Nope, the moment he pulled a gun he accepted the fact that it may be him that ends up being put in the ground at the end of the day.