Mass Effect 3!!!1!1!!!

boiler

(edited)

Title says it all. SO EXCITED!

Only slight downer is that I waited too long to get the N7 Collector's Edition for xbox from Best Buy. Gamestop was equally sold out, so I had to order from Newegg and pray that I don't have to wait long after release day to get it. Never ordered a game from Newegg, let alone a pre-order so it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I popped in ME2 yesterday and got all kinds of warm fuzzies again from the spectacular opening scenes. I think this will be my 7th playthrough of ME2, and I might even squeeze in an 8th before ME3.

Vanguard ftw.

ETA: I have made a point to avoid most coverage of this game so as to avoid any possible spoilers, so please be considerate in here. I'm considering not even reading any reviews before I play it. This is going to be very hard, but I want to have no idea whatsoever what I'm getting in to, other than OMGREAPERSDESTROYINGTHEUNIVERSE.

Edited by Flitterkill

I really wanted to restart Mass Effect 1 so I could import into Mass Effect 2 so I could import into Mass Effect 3... in the end, I'm going to have to go into Mass Effect 3 cold because I don't have the time to finish the other two. :D

I plan on doing a run with a new character through all 3 at some point, for now I'm doing one final run with my soldier (paragon) and one with my vanguard (renegade) to make sure I've done all the little things the way I want them for ME3.

ME3 up for pre-order on Origin for $59.99. Comes with free copy of Battlefield 3

That sounds like a good deal! If I didn't need to get this for xbox (and have the N7 Collector's Edition) then it would be tempting. I wouldn't mind trying BF3.

New Eden, Feros, and Noveria fin. Time to pickup Liari and then do Virmire.

Why anyone romances Ashley is beyond me. Whiny, petulant, and xenophobic? Nice... Someone's not coming back from Virmire...

Not sure I'll make it through ME2 and the DLCs before ME3 releases. Probably miss it by a few days...

• Like 2

I took a while to warm up to Ashley, but if you sweet talk her enough it's worth it, and you can point out the error of her xenophobic ways. I kind of liked the challenge, cause initially she seemed a lot harder to romance than Liara.

Also, I have three characters that I've played through fully for ME3, and NONE of those playthroughs will contain Kaiden. I barely ever spoke to that guy, so I had no problem blowing him up multiple times.

I found it interesting that of the two characters you had the option of killing off at Virmire, both were whiny, over dramatic people who you had a tough time warming up too. ME 1 was the very first game where as soon as I finished it, i turned right around and made another character and played it again. I'm notoriously bad at not finishing games I start. Now on my second playthrough of ME 2 running the paragon route. (mostly anyway, sometimes you just gotta punch someone in the nose though, lol!)

I never got Kaidan as whiny; been running him a lot this run thru and have zero to complain about re: whining.

Kaidan, after maybe a mission or two, is Jacob from ME2.

Right now he and Wrex arejust killing it for me. My Shepard should just walk around with a beer during missions and just point out where the bad guys are while those two rage kill.

Man, I miss Wrex. I really hope I can have him in my party again for ME3. I enjoyed Grunt; he had some good lines and was generally a tank, but just wasn't as awesome.

I don't feel like I have missed anything by killing Kaiden every time. Jacob was also just kind of there, and I never used him in my party after I recruited my first team mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Shuttin this thread down. Game is here so no need to keep this going.

Plenty of reviews, all predominantly spoiler free, abound in the usual places.

Start new threads from here on out.

ME2 everything done except IFF to end. I should probably get around to buying ME3 now...