Respawning Poll

Biggs

Respawns--I want your opinion!  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This server is tame in terms of modifications compared to other servers. Have you played on other servers? They have RPG system style perks, smoker cloud damage, move survivors while you're pulling them as a smoker, quests, like 500 different collectables to find and spend on upgrades, use real money to buy in game advantages, and tons more crap that I wouldn't bother putting on this server. I'm only putting a change here and there so I don't end up forgetting anything because I don't code plugins on a daily basis. I should put the buy plugin back on the server that I used for April Fools day and use that from now on.

The whole "new players getting hated and ridiculed" issue is only an issue because people let it happen. Regulars need to get off their thrones and stop acting as if they're more superior than everyone else. Oh, but what happens if I try to stop people from acting like that? People get all tinkley and say "relax" or question server rule ethics and whatnot then come on the forums and complain that admins are acting unfairly and it's "ruining the atmosphere of the server".

:bang:

Yeah, I can't win...and you guys want a second server? :Disappointed_anim:

The whole "new players getting hated and ridiculed" issue is only an issue because people let it happen. Regulars need to get off their thrones and stop acting as if they're more superior than everyone else. Oh, but what happens if I try to stop people from acting like that? People get all tinkley and say "relax" or question server rule ethics and whatnot then come on the forums and complain that admins are acting unfairly and it's "ruining the atmosphere of the server".

:bang:

Yeah, I can't win...and you guys want a second server? :Disappointed_anim:

Who or What Situation are you talking about with this grouse?

Me thinks Jackiechan is fighting off evil spirits and banshees.

The amount of modifications in this server is nothing compare to the other ones I randomly join. All it needs is a feel tune up to equate the battle field for both teams. A increment of 10pts for each revival is the best choice, as it consumes the whole party points relatively fast (if they send points), leaving less chances for them to heal themselves up instantly. Which is the main problem of a very good survivor group, they horde so much points toward the middle, that they can buy revives effortlessly while healing themselves with no consequences. Though I also do agree if someone get deathcharged or thrown off the map, they shouldn't be able to revive at all.

Me thinks Jackiechan is fighting off evil spirits and banshees.

The amount of modifications in this server is nothing compare to the other ones I randomly join. All it needs is a feel tune up to equate the battle field for both teams. A increment of 10pts for each revival is the best choice, as it consumes the whole party points relatively fast (if they send points), leaving less chances for them to heal themselves up instantly. Which is the main problem of a very good survivor group, they horde so much points toward the middle, that they can buy revives effortlessly while healing themselves with no consequences. Though I also do agree if someone get deathcharged or thrown off the map, they shouldn't be able to revive at all.

Shouldnt full heals be incremental then?

Depends on how much the increment is. And yes, I kind of like that idea too. One point increment per !heal is use (are we nerfing survivors too much now?).

How much significant difference is that 1 point really going to make for full heals.

How many times do you actually full heal in one map.

A point incremental change for full heal won't accomplish anything imho.

Edited by JyKri

It's going to make a substantial difference. One person throughout the whole map will be able to heal himself 3-4 times in a map. For other people could be less than that but if you multiply the number of heals by 10 people, the next heal could come at the cost of 25 points or even more. I'm not saying the incerment on healing only applies to that ONE person. If we're going implement increments on the whole party pool with the instant respawn, then the same should go for !heal too.

It's going to make a substantial difference. One person throughout the whole map will be able to heal himself 3-4 times in a map. For other people could be less than that but if you multiply the number of heals by 10 people, the next heal could come at the cost of 25 points or even more. I'm not saying the incerment on healing only applies to that ONE person. If we're going implement increments on the whole party pool with the instant respawn, then the same should go for !heal too.

I had the assumption that it was incremental per person per use.

And /sigh, you have no idea how long it takes some people to even calculate the difference for a simple 15.

But I don't see a problem with full heals at 15 points right now, some people can't even get 15 points during the whole map so if the team is smart they will distribute it around anyways. This and taken into account some spitter chokes that can get you a tank with 2 good spits... should we start incrementalizing tank spawns as well now?

Just seems like it's overly complicating a system that imo really isn't that much of a problem.

Only reason I'm for incremental respawn is because it's a huge advantage for survivors, especially if they are a main, and there should be some consequential cost associated with using it.

Edited by JyKri

Honestly I didn't want to go through all of this. GC server tries to stay as mod-free as possible but with a buy system like this, changes and balances will be have to made. To me the infected side is well off as their purchases are costly. If the survivors let themselves into a pit full of spits, then they deserve the punishment and the infected reap there rightfully rewards.

Just seems so often one side of team will prevail dominantly, mainly the survivors. Once they amassa whole amount of points , there is nothing to stop them.

I'm weighing in here kind of late, but I think we should do away with respawns, and here's why.

We've all been in games where one team is drastically superior to the other and !votescramble commands aren't working like they should. Respawns allow the drastically better team to progress through levels with relative impunity, even when the opposing teams gets a lucky death-charge or something similar. Nothing more frustrating than working really hard as the worse team to kill someone, only to have them instantly revived.

I like the defib mechanic...it adds a great risk vs. reward element to a standard game, but when a guy dies and he can't be reached by the other survivors, for whatever reason, he should stay dead.

Just my two-cents.

• Like 2