This game just might be great (The Last of Us)

ZeroDamage

I had a PS3 and sold it last year because I was moving and needed the cash. I purchased another one this past weekend and played through the first 2 Uncharted games. Great series so far.

Anyway, the same developer (Naughty Dog) are working on another game called "The Last of Us" and the trailer makes me excite for it. It looks like it will be really good.

http://thelastofus.com

It better not have the main character get shot, dying of thirst, or physically injured to where he is significantly weaker, then have him climb a 100 story building or somersaulting through a town of gun happy enemies 5 minutes later like he is perfectly fine. That's what irritated me the most about Uncharted is that he falls from losing his footing, whatever he is hanging onto breaks away, he falls far enough that it would hurt the average person and he still runs around like nothing happened. They did that way too much in Uncharted 3...and they did nothing to improve the AI and cheap death situations.

It better not have the main character get shot, dying of thirst, or physically injured to where he is significantly weaker, then have him climb a 100 story building or somersaulting through a town of gun happy enemies 5 minutes later like he is perfectly fine. That's what irritated me the most about Uncharted is that he falls from losing his footing, whatever he is hanging onto breaks away, he falls far enough that it would hurt the average person and he still runs around like nothing happened. They did that way too much in Uncharted 3...and they did nothing to improve the AI and cheap death situations.

From what I read it is a different team working on this game. Not the same team as Uncharted.

From what I read it is a different team working on this game. Not the same team as Uncharted.

Good. There's only so many implausible situations before I just start facepalming at the game.

ps3 exclusive?

Yes.

The enemies also take about 20 shots to kill. Maybe Uncharted is set in the future where everyone is genetically engineered to take more of a beating.

• 1 month later...

Enemies taking 200 bullets in the uncharted games before dying was the big turndown for me, also the fact that they spammed grenade launchers and RPG's while they were always shooting for one guy.. I actually liked the fact that everything Nathan grabbed onto broke etc.

Most awesome moment in the series for me is definitely the sinking cruiseship in Uncharted 3. Definitly worth checking out.

As for the last of us, all we know is the graphics are gonna be top notch, but that doesn't really matter to me. Also the game will feature human enemies as well as zombies.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's made by the same people who made Uncharted. I am almost certain regenerating health is going to be included or at least some health pack system.

I just hope it's more survival and exploring than just running around and shooting people/monsters.

I was going to freak out (in a bad way) if that staircase collapsed when he was walking up those stairs...

Well it's made by the same people who made Uncharted. I am almost certain regenerating health is going to be included or at least some health pack system.

I just hope it's more survival and exploring than just running around and shooting people/monsters.

In the upper corner, they do seem to have a health pack icon there, so hopefully that stays there. The girl acts very unnatural for a kid...or maybe she is thinking, "the world has gone to 'S', it doesn't matter anymore".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Man, that's better than the last video. They are really going out of their way to utilize the power of the PS3. All of the subtle things. (She climbs up to get the ladder, the hard hat sign swings from her kicking it and it slowly stops).

A lot of those subtle things don't seem dynamic, but rather static. Like if the sign swinging happens at that point and not again at a different point. Just seems like that for every static event that occurs in the game, they add finer points of detail to it so it looks prettier.

Plus, something tells me that the girl is going to be "invisible" in the game. Enemy AI can only see you and not her.

Man, that's better than the last video. They are really going out of their way to utilize the power of the PS3. All of the subtle things. (She climbs up to get the ladder, the hard hat sign swings from her kicking it and it slowly stops).

A lot of those subtle things don't seem dynamic, but rather static. Like if the sign swinging happens at that point and not again at a different point. Just seems like that for every static event that occurs in the game, they add finer points of detail to it so it looks prettier.

Plus, something tells me that the girl is going to be "invisible" in the game. Enemy AI can only see you and not her.

Probably so but I am not too worried about it. It's the little things that make a game like that potentially great. I am all about the post apocalyptic games and stories so I look forward to this.