This game just might be great (The Last of Us)

ZeroDamage

If this game is like Uncharted character and story wise but without all the crummy combat I'm going to really enjoy it.

My Uncharted 3 save is still currently sitting at a combat sequence I have no interest in playing, maybe I'll finish it before May 2013.

I loved the Uncharted series, but I agree the combat was a bit stale after a while. The story was so good though that it kept me going. Better, MORE USEFUL stealth gameplay would help a lot - I'm hoping The Last of Us delivers on this. They certainly have a very interesting atmosphere going.

Yeah, I would love a game where enemies feel competent. Like why should Nathan Drake be the terminator and kill 100 guys without breaking a sweat? In The Last of Us I'm hoping for enemy confrontations that feel like real situations. Just because everyone is trying to survive I don't need to slaughter everyone for the sake of them being "enemies", I want the other people surviving to not always want to kill me and I don't want to always have to kill other people surviving. Maybe it is like this though, I've only really watched the E3 demo.

The UC series irritated me the most because Drake was able to discover the secrets to everything he found and was the FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLD to figure it out, but the bad guys always seemed to get there first somehow. That's classic Hollywood, and it doesn't make ANY SENSE.

The UC series irritated me the most because Drake was able to discover the secrets to everything he found and was the FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLD to figure it out, but the bad guys always seemed to get there first somehow. That's classic Hollywood, and it doesn't make ANY SENSE.

To be fair, the story of the third one centers around Sir Francis Drake finding something hundreds of years ago and tried to keep other people from discovering what he found. Nathan Drake is following in his footsteps to try to find what he found and why Sir Francis Drake wanted to keep it a secret.

• 1 month later...

I haven't looked at anything about this game since the initial E3 trailer.

Zombies? Really? What a stupid over used modern game contrivance. "Hey, we need a generic enemies, lets use zombies!"

Game breaker for me. I was into this game but now I'm out.

Well.. .what would you suggest? i kinda think almost everything has been done to death in one way or another. shrug.

Shaftiel

My suggestion is removing the zombies. Adding them and saying, "Everything has been done to death" isn't a pass. If this was strictly a survival game set in the time right after the Apocalypse that would be awesome. I'm thinking Book of Eli or The Road, not 28 Days Later or Dawn of the Dead. A really good game like that doesn't exist. I Am Alive was a good try, but fell short.

What? So many replies to this topic and NOBODY said a word about that the girl looks and sound so alike to Ellen Page. But as they said "The two leads of The Last of Us are played by Troy Baker and @TheVulcanSalute (Ashley Johnson). You’ll be hearing from them pretty soon."

Edited by walkingCat

What? So many replies to this topic and NOBODY said a word about that the girl looks and sound so alike to Ellen Page. But as they said "The two leads of The Last of Us are played by Troy Baker and @TheVulcanSalute (Ashley Johnson). You’ll be hearing from them pretty soon."

Ellen who?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I finished this game last night. To put it simply and quickly (I have to get ready for work), this is one of the best games I've played in a very long time. If you enjoy story driven games with great performances and beautiful scenery, then this game is for you. Naughty Dog knows how to squeeze every bit of performance out of the PS3 in a way that no one else can. I kept forgetting this was on the PS3 and not on my gaming PC. Amazing game.