OS Page Pool Memory Low

MPG1770

Only at night/early morning (midnight - UK time) I get this message, then the inevitable happens - steam crashes.

Have looked at their possible solutions, but to no avail and besides, Valve/Steam I find are so convoluted with their answers, that anything they suggest never really sorts this problem out.

Besides telling me not to play during this time, any hints you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Uninstall the spam bot that is sending out millions of emails in the middle of the night.

Seriously though what is your memory situation? This sounds like a system problem; either it is or Valv is just trying to blame it on Windows.

I'm not that familiar with NT6 but someone can probably tell/show you how to see what your memory usage is. The error means you're low on free memory, so a lot of it is being used somewhere. There are numbers on the Performance tab of the task manager, but I don't see the Commit Charge section that would show you your memory in use vs. total memory (RAM + page file).

Is that XP or Vista? I see the number under commit charge is only 6.5GB. You may want to check the system properties to see how much RAM Windows thinks it has.

Take another screenshot if you can while L4D2 is running at a time you think this problem is likely to pop up (run in a window or alt-tab out) and/or a screenshot immediately after L4D2 crashes out with a low memory error. Check your AVG settings to make sure it's not trying to do something at that time, and keep an eye on vprot.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a perfectly good and FREE antivirus put out by Microsoft now. I see no use for any other programs with it, as I have had zero problems with it, and a friend of mine has had it already catch trojans and/or viruses on his computer. I havent had any problems since getting rid of McAfee for it.

And your system says it has 6.5GB of RAM but you say it only has 3.75GB? Thats......odd.