Diablo 3 Battletags and Ventrilo

JackieChan

Lame. I make a point to kill EVERYTHING in my path before moving on to the next area, not run past them! I shelved my barbarian after completing normal, and am now into act 3 normal with my demon hunter. By killing everything I find, I'm determined to not be under geared by the time I get this guy to inferno.

Sky
(edited)

You will be undergeared the moment you enter inferno, unless you auction house gear your character.

Everything in hell mode is ridiculously inferior in inferno.

when you enter inferno, you can farm for the gear for several weeks like the people who are actually geared for inferno did, or you can

buy the items off of the auction house that those of us who are farming acts 3 and 4 put up there.

but, either way, all of your gear won't matter when you enter inferno.

And, please, don't be one of those loony bin players who walks around in level 25 gear wondering why it's too hard for him :P

Edited by Sky

lol I certainly won't be one of those idiots thinking my nightmare-level gear will work in inferno. I'm fully prepared to put in some work to get good stuff, isn't that kind of the point of loot hunting games? I refuse to use the auction house to meet the gear-check for inferno.

lol I certainly won't be one of those idiots thinking my nightmare-level gear will work in inferno. I'm fully prepared to put in some work to get good stuff, isn't that kind of the point of loot hunting games? I refuse to use the auction house to meet the gear-check for inferno.

I think they improved loot drop already, but when I just hit inferno, this wasn't viable, because the gear for act I drops in act II, while gear suitable for act II dropped in act III, etc. Hence, my understanding was that the only way to do act I was to farm gold then buy gear off the AH, which really put me off

Lame. I make a point to kill EVERYTHING in my path before moving on to the next area, not run past them! I shelved my barbarian after completing normal, and am now into act 3 normal with my demon hunter. By killing everything I find, I'm determined to not be under geared by the time I get this guy to inferno.

Did the same thing as you but the moment I got into Act I Inferno and have to deal with Fast/Illusion/Jail LEAPERS (they run fast already but to make it even faster), I had to give up on that habit. As a demon hunter, I avoid fighting these things at all cost or die trying 5 times and over.

Hopefully the 1.03 inferno drops update will help with this. Now, if only anyone knew when the update is supposed to happen.....

I'm guessing this "waiting for the next update thing" is a common thing for you blizz vets.

I think they improved loot drop already, but when I just hit inferno, this wasn't viable, because the gear for act I drops in act II, while gear suitable for act II dropped in act III, etc. Hence, my understanding was that the only way to do act I was to farm gold then buy gear off the AH, which really put me off

No, no. I obtained every piece of gear I was wearing up until act 3 in act 1. The people who started that rumour about having to obtain gear in further acts in order to complete previous acts were wrong; They started that rumour because they didn't understand the concept of... "This is the hardest difficulty in the game, you're supposed to farm for weeks to have optimal gear."

There's a chance to obtain the ilevel 63 loot in act 1, it's just extremely minimal. Right now, it's a 1% chance. They're doubling all acts chances of ilevel 63 loot in 1.0.3:

Item Hell Act III/IV Inferno Act I Inferno Act II Inferno Act III/IV iLvl 61 9 % 18% 19% 24% iLvl 62 2% 8% 12% 16% iLvl 63 0% 2% 4% 8%

I honestly have not purchased items from the auction house. I've sold items, but haven't purchased, and didn't skip acts.

However, I did put in a lot of time farming act 1 before progressing into act 2, and a lot of time in act 2 before progressing into act 3.

For the people who don't want to spend a week in act 1 hunting loot, the auction house is the only viable way.

But you can obtain some extremely seriously good loot in act 1. In fact, I obtained several resist all items last night that I am

throwing on the auction house today that topped off at over 70 resist all each.

The items are there, they're just extremely rare.

Blizzard said the "end of june."

I'd gamble the 27th; But, then again, I'd gamble that they delay it until next month.

It's blizzard, so I don't really trust anything they say or claim.

Who was with me on that butcher run a few days ago? Entered, everyone esc. the cutscene, and then.....

15 seconds go by at two frames a second and everyone was dead :( - I mean, we all laughed but still.

Servers down for 1.0.3 as we speak - I wonder if my repair costs are going to see a zero appended to the end of the number...

You won't die anymore in act 1.

You won't die anymore in act 2, unless someone runs around picking up everything in the entire zone and brings it back to you.

Act 3 is the difficulty of the old act 2, slightly nerfed.

Act 4 is the difficulty of the old act 2, slightly buffed.

It really is a lot easier now. It's depressingly pathetic.

You won't die anymore in act 1.

You won't die anymore in act 2, unless someone runs around picking up everything in the entire zone and brings it back to you.

Act 3 is the difficulty of the old act 2, slightly nerfed.

Act 4 is the difficulty of the old act 2, slightly buffed.

It really is a lot easier now. It's depressingly pathetic.

For you maybe but I hit a dead end at the start of Act 2 on a elite mob yesterday. For people who are still undergear might still have the same problems. Sometimes I feel Blizzard likes to setup just the perfect mob combo to deal against certain classes...

Who was with me on that butcher run a few days ago? Entered, everyone esc. the cutscene, and then.....

15 seconds go by at two frames a second and everyone was dead :( - I mean, we all laughed but still.

Servers down for 1.0.3 as we speak - I wonder if my repair costs are going to see a zero appended to the end of the number...

I think that was me and one of my other friends LOL.

If you're under-geared, the content isn't too difficult or over-tuned; you're under-geared. Farm act 1.

There's no rush to complete the game, since Inferno is about the loot hunt, not completing the quest.

Gear up, and then you should find it to be rather simple.

• 2 weeks later...