We have materializing chargers now?

paroxysm

Earlier today, we were playing a round of rage harvest, and it got to a point where the tanks were overwhelming us. After being dead, I decided to respawn and rushed the saferoom successfully( it was the round where you blow up the bridge to make a path).

Feeling happy and proud with myself, I killed a smoker that tried to smoke me through the backdoor of the saferoom and camped in the corner such that he can't get a line of sight on me. Anyway, so I'm chilling and, somehow, someway, a completely mind boggling thing happens. A charger, by the player named Cuvire, did what looked to me like squeezing through the saferoom door from the outside, and 'POP'ped into the inside since the charger appeared to be in the landing animation for a split sec. Being completely stunned and caught unaware, I froze and he charges and pins me and being bw, successfully kills me denying me my victory.

Alas, due to the nature of this event, there was no way I could have recorded a screen cap, or a demo since I've NEVER seen anything like this. Luckily, the ENTIRE server was watching since I was the last survivor alive, special infected and other dead survivors. I requested that this guy be banned but got slapped by a need more evidence. So, does the entire server seeing this event occur, and I'm sure can testify confirming it not enough evidence?

A couple of people who saw it were that I remember,

-Lady Yuri

-Murphy

-RoughNeck

-Cuvire - the culprit himself

-Wulfer

-Strut(thatAss)

Edited by paroxysm

That sounds like just a glitch, I've never seen or heard of that happening before..but it's probably like the ghost charger pounding someone glitch. Rarely happens, and if it happens again with him, we'll all know for sure....if it happens to someone else we'll know as well...

But I've seen that guy play plenty of times, and nothing bad out of him to suggest hacking, so....yeah....I mean, I for one trust your word paro, but I think you'll have a hard time asking for a ban on something no admin saw.

Just my two cents.

Edited by MattKemp

(edited)

I highly doubt it was an unintentional glitch since I remember him saying something weird like 'safe < man < POP' and then he appears at the saferoom door. Jackie, I would but recording murders my frames by half making it unplayable, oh well, I guess this will just slide.

Edited by paroxysm

I really can't think of how this could've been done. Only thing that comes to mind is an exploit involving "z_spawn", but the only things that use z_spawn now are Tanks and Witches with the limit increaser...plus nothing shows up in the logs regarding z_spawn other than Tanks and Witches...and every command a player tries to do gets logged.

Only other thing that I can really think of is lag or something like having so much lag that you try to spawn outside, run through the door and materialize inside the saferoom. Such a thing seems really unlikely though.

I've seen it done before on my own server by someone setting their lerp to over a second. The client would think they weren't in sight allowing them to spawn, which is why it doesn't show up in the server logs. The plugin is here http://forums.allied...&highlight=lerp that tracks lerp and allows you to set a maximum. I don't know if anyone else does but I normally lower my lerp to 66ms.

Edited by DihydrogenMonoxide

I keep saying something is going on with certain players. Lerps, Derp, Rates etc all need to be locked by the server and not selectable or modifiable. The server is gaining more popularity and people are bringing in their tricks. Its imposible in all my years playing this game, that this is the only server that I question the validity of certain players.

• Like 1

My friend and I do this all the time on non gc servers, and it is 100% intentional. You just have to time it when you click to spawn and run through the saferoom door.

Garychios sounds like a bitter old man. lol

• Like 1

I may be bitter and I might be old. But I aint both at the same time.

:)

All I am saying is, I have played on maybe thousands of servers. I know when something is up. Noway, certain players can perform like they perform on these servers. Missed chargers, missed head shots, Things dont seem right. Heck, Yesterday was a perfect example with me and Paro. Nothing registered.

On a serious note. I run Quick 16. So it does not matter about cheating. You race what you have. So, Only way to cheat is if you dont have safety equipment (Dumb) and or your turbo is out of size range. But I dont care. :)

No way to prove if it was intentional or not, just wait to see if he does it again. Cuvire is really good though. I was a tank and he was the last survivor and he faced me one on one with a frying pan and brought me down to just a couple hundred HP, it was nuts.