Witch Purchase

Garychios

Does it use its own model and has its own set cvars or w/e. Witches were dumbdown in l4d2 (why, I dont know), and having that Bride would be good, buut it should follow the tank spawner, but only per map, so it could probably use an off-shoot of the "Buy Infected" mod.

(edited)

Perhaps, or perhaps make it so that the buyer can place the witch at their cursor's facing instead of some random location.

However, I'd rather have Jackie focus on fixing the crashes first before implementing new features. No sense in trying to upgrade a broken product.

Edited by paroxysm
  • Like 1

maybe the stats could only show up if you type !stats or !rank instead of automatically?

And list that to each player at the start of their joining or a new 'map' change? see if it helps

Witches seem really week right now anyway; I think the spawn witch on cursor is a good idea personally.

But I don't know much about the coding that goes behind this - So just getting my opinion across ;)

Sk suggested that the stat plugins are the source of the crashes, asserting that when they were not there it rarely crashed.

that's a good point. The sql server isn't indexed very well, a slow response from it could trigger something

A couple of things. I assume it does not need SQl to play a game. Does this query have a time out? I know when I type !rank, the server takes a while to post the result.

Also, can we have advanced logging enabled. Something that writes everthing in a flat file and when it crashes, you see what the last thing was. Usually the culprit.